Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 990 991 [992] 993 994 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5128026 times)

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA: Vriska=Aizen?!
« Reply #14865 on: December 15, 2010, 03:03:12 pm »

I think she's meant to mock Mary Sues.
This is a rather iffy comment to make. Granted this is the Hussmaster, but it does sound strongly of a general "It's actually a parody all along!" defense.

And while she has good reasons for being the center of attention, the fact that everyone hates her for it is not a consequence. Nobody is willing to take her down except Tavros, and Terezi is going about her proxy war that Vriska is cheating at as always. Until it is revealed that she is taking credit for their miserable slow deaths she is escaping all possible negatives for the stuff she has done. And there is no good reason why nobody knows about this. They all have time-traveling chat clients, a computer hacker who knows what is going on with the network and people looking all over the timeline at stuff.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #14866 on: December 15, 2010, 03:05:27 pm »

As I understand it, Jade was supposidly the one who was meant to mock Mary Sues. Vriska just seems like someone who aspires to be a Jerk Sue, except that no one in the story who really knows her well has any sympathy for her and any she gathers is by deception alone.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #14867 on: December 15, 2010, 03:06:24 pm »

I had a huge Jade-hate in the beginning of this thread, but now Jade is pretty cool gal.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14868 on: December 15, 2010, 03:07:19 pm »

Like I said, it's reaching the saturation point, and reading those Formspring comments, Hussie is perfectly well aware.  I wouldn't be overly surprised in the almost-certain flash coming tomorrow is basically "Make Her Pay" Part 3.  Or something relevant, who knows.

As for Vriska being a take or parody of anything I believe Hussie when he shot down the idea that he was writing anything for an explicitly meta-writing reason.  There's terms, and terms can fit.  I don't think he's writing to fit terms.  He wanted Vriska to be an out-of-nowhere, show-stealing complicated antagonist, and he obviously pulled it off.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14869 on: December 15, 2010, 03:33:52 pm »

Yeah, "Mary Sue" is a terrible term. It doesn't even consistently mean anything except "character I dislike". Vriska certainly isn't anything like the uninteresting good-at-everything characters of the fanfics that the term originates in. She's basically the only thing the fandom is talking about these days. :P

I can kind of see where you're coming from, though. She's successfully forced herself into the center of all attention keeps doing terrible things, and she's in desperate need of a karmic slap to the face. Getting beaten to death by Aradia certainly wasn't comeuppance. It was more like her second chance. Aradia's insane troll way of forgiving her, happening right at the same time when Doc Scratch lifted his alleged luck curse. And as second chances went, it was pretty sweet. She got her arm and eye back, and was learning the True Meaning of Friendship from being forced to cooperate with the other trolls to win the game. She was probably doing okay, right until she decided to create Bec Noir.

And Vriska is doomed to fail. I don't think the other trolls (and humans) are going to be putting up with these hijinks indefinitely, so Vriska basically has the choice of killing everyone else, dying herself, or genuinely becoming a better person. At least if she wants to stay in the story. I guess she could also quit while she's at the top and just leave to never be seen again, but somehow I don't think that's likely.

Also oh shit update.

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:avatar's cuteness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14870 on: December 15, 2010, 03:35:56 pm »

Oh cool.
Quote from: Solifuge
A catgirl, whom oft it would please
To dine on a pizza, with cheese,
Thought it was quite fine
To be partly feline,
Excepting the hairballs and fleas.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14871 on: December 15, 2010, 03:36:33 pm »

Flash game style! No wonder he took some time.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14872 on: December 15, 2010, 03:45:08 pm »

You got MORE ILLEGAL CONTRABAND!

Dude, this frog is SO ILLEGAL. You'd better ditch this thing before a wily agent of Derse sees you with it.

EDIT: DON'T LOOK IN THE WELL, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD.

EDIT2: There's a Uranium Imp in the mushroom orchard. Will report back when it is killed.

EDIT3: A bunch of Uranium. Nothing special happened at all.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2010, 03:56:57 pm by Urist Imiknorris »
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #14873 on: December 15, 2010, 03:53:11 pm »

Move around and talk time.

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14874 on: December 15, 2010, 03:57:25 pm »

Of course it had to happen while I was at work.  Welp, time to avoid the thread for the next X hours.
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #14875 on: December 15, 2010, 03:58:12 pm »

These salamanders are much more vulger than I'd expect them to be. I wonder if there's an Easter Egg for draining all of your money? Knowing Hussie it'd be somthing mocking you for wasting so much time.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:avatar's cuteness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14876 on: December 15, 2010, 03:59:01 pm »

These salamanders are much more vulger than I'd expect them to be. I wonder if there's an Easter Egg for draining all of your money? Knowing Hussie it'd be somthing mocking you for wasting so much time.

Hmmm. On it.
Quote from: Solifuge
A catgirl, whom oft it would please
To dine on a pizza, with cheese,
Thought it was quite fine
To be partly feline,
Excepting the hairballs and fleas.

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14877 on: December 15, 2010, 03:59:53 pm »

I'm farming these
goddamn
fuckin
mushrooms.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14878 on: December 15, 2010, 03:59:59 pm »

Yup. Definitely the DF forums.

Anyone else notice the next album tease?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14879 on: December 15, 2010, 04:01:28 pm »

Man, even with Fear No Anvil, killing that imp was a pain. It started teleporting around so I couldn't hit it. ._.
Pages: 1 ... 990 991 [992] 993 994 ... 3524