Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 988 989 [990] 991 992 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5127833 times)

Outcast Orange

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETIMES_SQUID]
    • View Profile
    • The Outcast Orange
Re: MSPA: Vriska=Aizen?!
« Reply #14835 on: December 15, 2010, 01:40:46 am »

I prefer Vista to 7 because of a few UI issues.
Mostly regarding managing windows and tabs.

Back on topic:

Exactly what parts of this plot are yet revealed?
I'm having trouble keeping track of all the things I feel curious about.

Goodnight Bay12.
[7:53:55 PM] Armok, why did you demand that I don't eat you?
[7:54:34 PM] [Armok]: woooooo

Burried Houses - Platform Explorer Demo H - Cloud Scream

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14836 on: December 15, 2010, 08:47:50 am »

Honestly, there's only so many times he can lolvriska before people stop laughing about maximum trolling and start thinking she's a Mary Sue.

Really? I think Vriska Serket is an interesting and consistently presented character, with flaws and motivations and other characterization shit like that. Complaints about her being too evil I can understand, but badly written? In what way?

Addendum: Lexxy has been making posts that sort of suggest that she knows that there is going to be an update REAL SOON. She would only know if Andrew was using third-party art again, which would imply a FLASH.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2010, 09:46:24 am by Soadreqm »

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14837 on: December 15, 2010, 10:49:11 am »

Really? I think Vriska Serket is an interesting and consistently presented character, with flaws and motivations and other characterization shit like that. Complaints about her being too evil I can understand, but badly written? In what way?
I dunno, I've been getting that Mary-Sue itch for a little bit. Although I could not articulate just why I got that feeling, just as I could not articulate why I hate this character so much where other asshole characters I admire for how much of an asshole they are. And I very well couldn't come up front saying she is a Mary-Sue first as let's face it, nobody would take me seriously on such an accusation.

Perhaps it's just her ability to get into anything without much of a challenge? I know I got some Gary-Stu vibes from Sollux because everyone loved him the moment he was revealed, and more and more stuff like being the absolute best computer hacker in the world and psychic abilities and vision twofold to see the future and making the game itself.

And Vriska has shown no chip in her armor, no depth. She is just evil now. When we were seeing her in her hive and dealing with the death of her custodian there were various self-doubts seeping out and motivations for being a huge bitch that were never picked up again. The last time she could be considered sympathetic by very loose and shady standards is when she failed to seduce Tavros, and ignoring everything that was messed up about that and how she should have apologized to Tavros she was still a bitch then when she chatted him.

After that people say her realself death sort of balanced her karma, paying off the evil things she had do-
 MMPPHH

Sorry, I can't type that sentence. All the interesting character of her died when her realself died. Now she has all the luck, all emotional issues apart from her being a bitch are gone, she has a luck eye beam and can manipulate beings from across the universes. And everyone loves her. Everyone hating her in the story doesn't matter as nothing ill really comes of that and she doesn't care one way or the other. She has gotten away with pretty much everything she has done, the only payback she ever got was from Terezi and even that was sort of a gift, as people found she looked badass with a metal claw and eyepatch. She lost her bad luck and gained vision eightfold from dying, so it wasn't so much paying her back as granting her a gift.

Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14838 on: December 15, 2010, 10:51:53 am »

Hrm, maybe I was right about the possible delay being a flash update, and no there isn't an actual update so :P at whoever thought I meant otherwise.

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14839 on: December 15, 2010, 10:56:37 am »

Perhaps it's just her ability to get into anything without much of a challenge? I know I got some Gary-Stu vibes from Sollux because everyone loved him the moment he was revealed, and more and more stuff like being the absolute best computer hacker in the world and psychic abilities and vision twofold to see the future and making the game itself.

For the record, I always though Sollux was a whiny little bitch.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14840 on: December 15, 2010, 10:57:21 am »

Yeah, exactly.  Sollux made the whole day universe and fucked with who knows how much stuff in it.  He thinks pestering people is dumb and he's depressing.  Vriska wins because she owns the room.

Now then, it's been one day people.  I'm betting he's drawing some complicated new art and writing chatlogs, that stuff takes a while.

Sorry, I can't type that sentence. All the interesting character of her died when her realself died. Now she has all the luck, all emotional issues apart from her being a bitch are gone, she has a luck eye beam and can manipulate beings from across the universes. And everyone loves her. Everyone hating her in the story doesn't matter as nothing ill really comes of that and she doesn't care one way or the other. She has gotten away with pretty much everything she has done, the only payback she ever got was from Terezi and even that was sort of a gift, as people found she looked badass with a metal claw and eyepatch. She lost her bad luck and gained vision eightfold from dying, so it wasn't so much paying her back as granting her a gift.

I'm of the opinion that the "Vriska" question is pretty much saturated, and Hussie had exactly that in mind.  I suspect about that's going to happen now is that (after any number of more chatlogs) Tavros is going to confront her, she's going to be a bitch to him, and then something astounding will happen.  Might be comeuppance, might be the Last Straw, might be something else entirely.  Hussie knows as well as any reasonably competent writer that you have to deliver a payoff eventually, but he's very much established that a negative-payoff is just as good.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14841 on: December 15, 2010, 10:58:59 am »

[02:13:47] <Willfor> Vriska is actually a metaphoric representation of the economic situation of the world and the divided views of the fanbase is metaphoric representation of the divided views of how to fix it
[02:14:52] <Willfor> Or: How you could write a pseudo-literary paper on Homestuck
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14842 on: December 15, 2010, 11:01:42 am »

More like two days Aqizzar, but yea you have a point.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Azzuro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14844 on: December 15, 2010, 11:34:35 am »

To those people talking about a possible flash, there will probably be one today. The 612th day of Homestuck from April 13 is December 16th.

United Forenia Forever!

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14845 on: December 15, 2010, 11:36:57 am »

To those people talking about a possible flash, there will probably be one today. The 612th day of Homestuck from April 13 is December 16th.

I think you mean tomorrow, its still the 15th for some people and AH lives in or near Boston, which is on the east coast US.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #14846 on: December 15, 2010, 02:05:43 pm »

I have no idea what makes me like a "bad guy" or antagonist.

I love Greed and to some extent Kimblee.  Zuko was pretty cool Season 3 onward.  Same for Lordgenome and stuff probably after the timeskip.  But definitely my favorite would be Greed.  I wonder what it is.  Hmmm.

Maybe it's because of his awesome attitude with everything?  Plus maybe because he actually gets beat up all the time.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14847 on: December 15, 2010, 02:13:09 pm »

I think you posted the right things in the wrong threads. (?)
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #14848 on: December 15, 2010, 02:13:59 pm »

I can discuss any off-topic topic in this thread because this IS MAH SPOOL

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile