Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 983 984 [985] 986 987 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5129244 times)

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
  • I knew you were coming. Nonetheless, welcome.
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA: Vriska=Aizen?!
« Reply #14760 on: December 14, 2010, 11:27:00 am »

Can Tavros do the windy thing, or does being the Page of Breath change that in some way?  They supposedly all reached their top levels after all.
The "Breath" part of Tavros's title is most likely a reference to life, not wind, as shown by his ability to commune with animals.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14761 on: December 14, 2010, 11:46:54 am »

Can Tavros do the windy thing, or does being the Page of Breath change that in some way?  They supposedly all reached their top levels after all.
The "Breath" part of Tavros's title is most likely a reference to life, not wind, as shown by his ability to commune with animals.

Although Feferi is already the Witch of Life, It is possible that the Breath part for tavros does mean life as well.

Nepeta being the Rogue of Heart likely refers to her fighting style along with her personality. Some of the others are pretty clear as to the intended meaning, Theif of Light referring to what Vriska did to Terezei, Maid of Time, Knight of Blood, Mage of Doom, and Seer of Mind. Heir of Void is kind of unclear unless it has something to do with the caves on Equiius's world, Sylph of Space has the same kind of connection as Jade does to the volcano. Eridan being the Prince of Hope is probably the more mysterious one, especially given the fact that we will probably never know what his planet was.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14762 on: December 14, 2010, 12:50:06 pm »

For Vriska it's not so much that she had it planned from the beginning, but that's she's using time travel to retroactively make it her who did everything, isn't it?

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14763 on: December 14, 2010, 01:00:01 pm »

For Vriska it's not so much that she had it planned from the beginning, but that's she's using time travel to retroactively make it her who did everything, isn't it?
She knew Bec Noir would come, and that he was made by a first guardian being prototyped, so she just looked around and did whatever she could to make that possible. It already happened, so she just needed to insert herself into everything.

Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14764 on: December 14, 2010, 01:02:55 pm »

Technically she even saw each individual event that would lead up to it, and decided she would be the cause of those events.

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #14765 on: December 14, 2010, 01:09:55 pm »

So in the AH: Ride scenes, the sky is blue, clouds are pink, city is red, and ground is green. Hurray for using the kids' colors! I mean, they're a little dark, but still... Thought it was an interesting choice.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14766 on: December 14, 2010, 01:11:17 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

FUCK IM FALLING DOWN ALL THESE STAIRS

I WARNED YOU ABOUT STAIRS BRO! I TOLD YOU DOG!

IT KEEPS HAPPENING

I TOLD YOU MAN! I TOLD YOU ABOUT STAIRS!
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14767 on: December 14, 2010, 01:14:23 pm »

So in the AH: Ride scenes, the sky is blue, clouds are pink, city is red, and ground is green. Hurray for using the kids' colors! I mean, they're a little dark, but still... Thought it was an interesting choice.

Subtle, VERY subtle on AH's part. Whether its intentional or not is up to the fanbase to decide.

Anyways, either AH is going to continue on with the denzien boss encounter or he is going to switch to someone else....

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14768 on: December 14, 2010, 01:30:55 pm »

I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #14769 on: December 14, 2010, 01:52:05 pm »

Sollux is good cop bad cop while Terezi is bad cop bad cop.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14770 on: December 14, 2010, 02:25:57 pm »

I think you're mistaken. It's bad cop war-crime cop.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14771 on: December 14, 2010, 02:35:03 pm »

Nepeta being the Rogue of Heart likely refers to her fighting style along with her personality. Some of the others are pretty clear as to the intended meaning, Theif of Light referring to what Vriska did to Terezei, Maid of Time, Knight of Blood, Mage of Doom, and Seer of Mind. Heir of Void is kind of unclear unless it has something to do with the caves on Equiius's world, Sylph of Space has the same kind of connection as Jade does to the volcano. Eridan being the Prince of Hope is probably the more mysterious one, especially given the fact that we will probably never know what his planet was.

No, see, this is what I was talking about in the first place.  John was the Heir of Breath, and for a long time, that sounded like he was going to turn kinda manly and would fly a lot, and his planet was all about breeze-pipes and clouds.  I.E. his title reflected his game-trappings.  Then all of a sudden he summons a planet-wide hurricane.  Wind-themed superpowers.  Vriska's title certainly refers to how she fucked up other people in "light"-ish ways, and the glittering treasure of her planet.  At some point, she got a white laser eye-beam that steals luck.  Light/thievery-themed superpowers.

These titles turned extremely literal for at least two players, presumably when they reached max-level.  So, what kind of extraordinary themed powers do the other fourteen players have, or will have?
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #14772 on: December 14, 2010, 02:45:54 pm »

Well Dave has time travel, Jade can see the future, and Rose is a wizard.

I think John is the only one that's going to get hugely spectacular, because he's the heir, and he's a boy skylark.  Remember?  The boy skylark starts out weak but is rewarded for his patience.
Shoes...

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14773 on: December 14, 2010, 02:50:56 pm »

Nepeta's power is shipping.

But yeah, Vriska and John certainly have sudden inexplicable superpowers, which would suggest that the others are getting or already got some too. Presumably even if they already have superpowers, as Vriska did with the mind control. I'm sure it'll be blatantly obvious once we get all the relevant exposition.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14774 on: December 14, 2010, 02:52:45 pm »

I was going to say that Jade/Dave/Rose have "powers" derived from their items, not themselves like the windy thing, but I guess the game is a little fancier than that.  Like Hussie himself said, Rose alchemized some sewing needles with a chotchkie-catalog wizard statue and got magic fucking wands.  Future Dave combined some weird gears with a recordplayer and got a one-touch time machine.  If there's a rule to it, it's that whatever theme a player has, it's damn hard for them to alchemize stuff that doesn't turn into stupidly powerful tools related to their theme.

Jade on the other hand could see the future because she was awake on Prospit.  That one is going to drop off pretty fast, especially since Witch of Space doesn't sound like it has anything to do with that.  Point of note, Kanaya was the Slyph of Space, whatever that is, so I guess the space thing has something to do with Frogs and Volcanos.

Nepeta's power is shipping.

We always knew Heart was the lamest power.  Except the game is about building worlds, and then populating them, so maybe she has the best power?  Oh wait, no NepetaQuest 2011 anyway.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.
Pages: 1 ... 983 984 [985] 986 987 ... 3524