Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 760 761 [762] 763 764 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5120773 times)

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA: THE INTERNET CAN'T HANDLE ME
« Reply #11415 on: October 27, 2010, 05:36:02 pm »

It's actualy to displace to much black romance, becuase troll evolution decided it was easier to dd a compelty new competing emotion than twaek the existing one to be less common.
This is in no way an attack on andrews biology knowlege, evolutions thend to do stuff like that all the tiem.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Spade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11416 on: October 27, 2010, 06:55:00 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

:-\
DungeonEscape
Will you make it out alive?

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #11417 on: October 27, 2010, 06:56:36 pm »

GOG DAMMIT, ARADIA, THAT'S THE SECOND TIME YOU DIED THIS WEEK!
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11418 on: October 27, 2010, 07:04:20 pm »

Don't forget Karkat's intimation about bringing her back to life (so she'll stop being creepy).  Nothing in this story is genuinely unlikely, and Karkat has become a serial hint-dropper of late.

Unless it's just another bullshit trap Hussie's laying in advance.  Hope-dashing character-mutilating bastard that he is.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Deteramot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11419 on: October 27, 2010, 07:15:49 pm »

I liked her.

She was my birth sign.
I'm currently making a nice room for my legendary clerk. I always treat my legendaries with the greatest respect, giving them the best rooms and so on. Although the walls are mostly engraved with pictures of my miner starving to death after he fell down a well, so it's not too cheerful.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #11420 on: October 27, 2010, 07:16:44 pm »

Don't forget Karkat's intimation about bringing her back to life (so she'll stop being creepy).  Nothing in this story is genuinely unlikely, and Karkat has become a serial hint-dropper of late.

I was incredibly surprised that Karkat even said that to Aradia begin with.

I didn't think he would care about that and I didn't think he'd be so friendly with her.

Overall I'd say I was pretty surprised by Karkat in the flash in general.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #11421 on: October 27, 2010, 07:21:22 pm »

Overall, the trolls seem to treat Aradia abnormally. Talking with a maybe/maybe not emotionless ghost stuffed into a robot strong enough to slap Equius around would probably do that to you. Even Vriska seems to have a hard time keeping her normal sociopathic personality up around Aradia.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Deteramot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11422 on: October 27, 2010, 07:25:29 pm »

Prolly because Aradia, y'know, killed her.

Just a little bit.
I'm currently making a nice room for my legendary clerk. I always treat my legendaries with the greatest respect, giving them the best rooms and so on. Although the walls are mostly engraved with pictures of my miner starving to death after he fell down a well, so it's not too cheerful.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11423 on: October 27, 2010, 07:25:54 pm »

I didn't think he would care about that and I didn't think he'd be so friendly with her.

Overall I'd say I was pretty surprised by Karkat in the flash in general.

Ditto for apologizing to Equius for talking about Aurthour.  Karkat does have a sympathetic side, and I've always suspected he was more blustering and irritable than straight-up capillary-busting terminally enraged.  He's got a few other moments like that too.

Not that he's not maladjusted anyway.  He managed to be cynical enough to fob off Terezi's intimation about having crazy dream-sex.  Not that the offer wasn't moot anyway, but Terezi was clearly disappointed by his attitude.

Overall, the trolls seem to treat Aradia abnormally.

They all seem really depressed about her though, which is easy to understand, given the giant mortality-play that is her continued existence and all the moping she does about it.

Raises the question - obvious all the the lusus-sprites vanished or outright died somehow.  Assuming that was some aspect of the game at work, which is a likely guess, what effect did it have on Aradia?
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

GeneralGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • lurky lurk lurk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11424 on: October 27, 2010, 07:28:14 pm »

I liked her.
I didn't.
Overall, the trolls seem to treat Aradia abnormally. Talking with a maybe/maybe not emotionless ghost stuffed into a robot strong enough to slap Equius around would probably do that to you. Even Vriska seems to have a hard time keeping her normal sociopathic personality up around Aradia.
I think Equius kinda let her do that. Then again, Nepeta also managed to easily knock him over, so maybe he's not as strong as he says he is and just has no self control.

Just a little bit.
And that Aradia is an emotionless bitch.

Deteramot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11425 on: October 27, 2010, 07:42:43 pm »

I'm 0kay with em0ti0nless. I'm 0kay with a l0t 0f things.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #11426 on: October 27, 2010, 07:55:45 pm »

Even Vriska seems to have a hard time keeping her normal sociopathic personality up around Aradia.

I don't really think so.

Hey dead girl! How's 8eing dead treating you?

Nice one, Vriska. But she has all the luck so who cares who she pisses off.

Raises the question - obvious all the the lusus-sprites vanished or outright died somehow.  Assuming that was some aspect of the game at work, which is a likely guess, what effect did it have on Aradia?

Maybe that's why she blows up? I guess it depends on the nature of how the lusussprites disappeared. If it was part of the game then Aradia is (not) living on borrowed time, or at least that's what should be happening. If Lord English killed the lusussprites or they otherwise perished by offensive action then who knows why Aradia blows up.

I hope whatever makes Aradia blow up isn't permanent. Just seems a bit unfair to die, come back as a ghost, and then die for reals after doing a bunch of work to save her whole team.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

PenguinOverlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11427 on: October 27, 2010, 08:02:57 pm »

I liked her.
I didn't.
I think Equius kinda let her do that. Then again, Nepeta also managed to easily knock him over, so maybe he's not as strong as he says he is and just has no self control.

Just a little bit.
And that Aradia is an emotionless bitch.
No, Equius was proven to be mad strong. Dunno how they can knock him over, though.
CleverBot: It hurts when you laugh at me.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11428 on: October 27, 2010, 08:04:31 pm »

He has inner sponge problems?

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #11429 on: October 27, 2010, 08:06:57 pm »

Equius has no balance?
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.
Pages: 1 ... 760 761 [762] 763 764 ... 3524