Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 685 686 [687] 688 689 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5118136 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA: There is always a 'U'pdate!
« Reply #10290 on: October 12, 2010, 03:39:02 pm »

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #10291 on: October 12, 2010, 03:43:03 pm »

There is one other new thing in this update, that being proof that you can still dream even after your dream-self is dead. It makes sense anyway, but it's good to have it confirmed.

Every Prospit dreamself is supposed to end up on the Battlefield, says Vriska. So Karkat's dreamself might not be dead. If he isn't he might see some interesting things.

Like Lord English himself.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10292 on: October 12, 2010, 03:44:12 pm »

The art callback/reuse was abundantly obvious, yes.  Terezi actually looks a little disconcerting when she's not cackling.  Kind of a "shit just got serious" flag.

Freaked out Gamzee is great though.  We were all getting a little curious if the guy is actually conscious.  Funny what it takes to get his attention.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10293 on: October 12, 2010, 03:48:41 pm »

It's probably freaking out some of the other trolls too. Notice that Equiius is sweating HEAVILY, then again he could be getting a fetishic experience out of that.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #10294 on: October 12, 2010, 03:50:13 pm »

There is one other new thing in this update, that being proof that you can still dream even after your dream-self is dead. It makes sense anyway, but it's good to have it confirmed.
Every Prospit dreamself is supposed to end up on the Battlefield, says Vriska. So Karkat's dreamself might not be dead. If he isn't he might see some interesting things.
Vriska also says that Karkat didn't dream-awaken untill after they were denied entry into Universe Blue, and Terezi says in this very update that he didn't dream-awaken at all before Prospit blew up. So, someone is wrong here.

Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10295 on: October 12, 2010, 03:54:28 pm »

Well, they don't even know about Universe Blue yet.  Remember the "memo" between Present Kanaya and Future Karkat, where he passes out at the end.  That's now Present Karkat, and he and Sollux haven't found the other universe interfering with their session yet.  My bet is, we're about to see Karkat waking up, as he hurtles towards Skaia's surface or something.
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10296 on: October 12, 2010, 03:57:55 pm »

I would like to point out the possibility that English is trapped in the Medium. Perhaps he's destroying it one planet at a time because he's pissed off at being summoned to such a small place? I mean, there's nothing we know of beyond Derse, save for the Farthest Ring and the Horrorterrors, and they may not actually be in the Medium.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #10297 on: October 12, 2010, 03:59:28 pm »

It also occurs to me that Karkat, a troll, is sleeping. On the floor. Without a recuperacoon, the only thing that prevents "dark dreams of blood and carnage" from driving all the trolls insane, and even then obviously could do a much better job of it. This isn't going to end very well.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10298 on: October 12, 2010, 04:00:07 pm »

He's clearly insane already.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #10299 on: October 12, 2010, 04:01:03 pm »

Vriska also says that Karkat didn't dream-awaken untill after they were denied entry into Universe Blue, and Terezi says in this very update that he didn't dream-awaken at all before Prospit blew up. So, someone is wrong here.

Both of those can still be true.

You remember this guy, right? He made it to Skaia without his dreamself waking up, even as Propit's minimoons were being destroyed.

He had some help, but it's not impossible. Destruction of Prospit doesn't automatically imply death of everybody's dreamselves.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10300 on: October 12, 2010, 04:01:52 pm »

It also occurs to me that Karkat, a troll, is sleeping. On the floor. Without a recuperacoon, the only thing that prevents "dark dreams of blood and carnage" from driving all the trolls insane, and even then obviously could do a much better job of it. This isn't going to end very well.

Maybe it's only after a certain amount of time? In the memo, Karkat didn't seem any worse for wear and it was only for about an hour.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10301 on: October 12, 2010, 04:04:58 pm »

You remember this guy, right?

Oh fuck, now I'm sad again.  Those poor kids.  And great, next time we see Jade we get to watch her have an existential crisis because of sleeping a real sleep for the first time in her life.

Qmarx

• Bay Watcher
  • "?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #10302 on: October 12, 2010, 04:10:34 pm »

Note how it switches out to sprite mode for the single panel Gamzee is shown.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10303 on: October 12, 2010, 04:35:09 pm »

Also note that Terezei uses the stairs when there is a transport pad right behind her when she was looking through the telescope.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #10304 on: October 12, 2010, 04:41:13 pm »

That transportalizer takes her to the staircase.

I thought this was obvious. It wouldn't make sense if Terezi could just go directly to the main lab from the transportalizer on the roof.
Pages: 1 ... 685 686 [687] 688 689 ... 3524