Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 670 671 [672] 673 674 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5116562 times)

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA: There is always a 'U'pdate!
« Reply #10065 on: October 06, 2010, 05:59:03 pm »

Given the sheer number of questions Dave's disguises raise I'm betting on Break the Bank
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10066 on: October 06, 2010, 06:05:39 pm »

Code: [Select]
[S] Dave: Spend.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10067 on: October 06, 2010, 06:08:05 pm »

While I would wonder whether the other natives of the other worlds have a similar stock market thing, the salamanders seem too simplistic to do something like that, the natives of jades world are total unknowns (possibly frogs if Hussie is sticking with the aquatic animal theme here), and we know very little about the turtles of Rose's world.

Yeah, every bunch of consorts probably has it's own weird passtimes and "industry".  The salamanders had mushroom farming and pipes.  Just trading these commodity shares.  Fuckin' pain in the ass.

C'mon Hussie, give us the extended Wall Street reference we all know you want.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Qmarx

• Bay Watcher
  • "?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #10068 on: October 06, 2010, 08:53:23 pm »

So you're saying that Jade's consorts will be Gekkos?

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #10069 on: October 06, 2010, 08:57:21 pm »

Jade's consort will not be just any Gecko, it will be the Geico Gecko.

15 minutes online can save you penultimate destruction of car insurance.

Geico.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10070 on: October 06, 2010, 08:58:55 pm »

The perfect crime. Although I wonder why he hasn't amassed more money to not need Johns boondollar now. Just give past Dave all future spoils and tell him where to invest.

But if you think about it, that would create an unstable time loop, and the one consistent part of WTS that we've seen is that unstable time loops are self terminating; anything from them is doomed. By taking the slower, stable route, Dave ensures that all his time clones (and more importantly, the funds that they generate) are not going to die/vanish in the near future.
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #10071 on: October 06, 2010, 09:02:11 pm »

The perfect crime. Although I wonder why he hasn't amassed more money to not need Johns boondollar now. Just give past Dave all future spoils and tell him where to invest.

But if you think about it, that would create an unstable time loop, and the one consistent part of WTS that we've seen is that unstable time loops are self terminating; anything from them is doomed. By taking the slower, stable route, Dave ensures that all his time clones (and more importantly, the funds that they generate) are not going to die/vanish in the near future.
How would it create an unstable loop if he just gives past Dave a certain fixed amount? If he gives ALL of the money to him, then yeah, that's a problem, but a fixed amount should be fine.

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10072 on: October 06, 2010, 09:03:58 pm »

How would it create an unstable loop if he just gives past Dave a certain fixed amount? If he gives ALL of the money to him, then yeah, that's a problem, but a fixed amount should be fine.

The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10073 on: October 06, 2010, 09:06:06 pm »

Think of it this way: Rose has expressed that their goal right now is to tear the game apart because fuck it, they can't win anyway. By making an unstable time loop Dave would just add to the chaos and get rich quick.

It's the perfect crime.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10074 on: October 06, 2010, 09:10:35 pm »

Think of it this way: Rose has expressed that their goal right now is to tear the game apart because fuck it, they can't win anyway. By making an unstable time loop Dave would just add to the chaos and get rich quick.

It's the perfect crime.

Dave knows that Rose is fucking crazy.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10075 on: October 06, 2010, 09:13:19 pm »

As if Dave ever gave a crap about the stability or lack thereof of loops in time.  He threw his own time-shifted corpse out a window, after summarily deciding that he didn't want to die that way after seeing the body.  Just up and there fucks over causal-linear time.  He's Dave, he can do that.  Hell, I'm surprised he isn't carrying around photos of things so he can keep track of how the future (and past maybe) changes, since he is an amateur photographer and all.
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10076 on: October 06, 2010, 09:19:59 pm »

As if Dave ever gave a crap about the stability or lack thereof of loops in time.  He threw his own time-shifted corpse out a window, after summarily deciding that he didn't want to die that way after seeing the body.  Just up and there fucks over causal-linear time.  He's Dave, he can do that.  Hell, I'm surprised he isn't carrying around photos of things so he can keep track of how the future (and past maybe) changes, since he is an amateur photographer and all.

But that's just it; the dead dave was from an unstable time loop, and was thus doomed.

It's the perfect crime.

It would add to the chaos, yes, but the money would still be doomed. Unstable time loop = death. Aradia bots 2 hrough infinity are proof of that. Also, as Cheetar so eloquently put it,

Dave knows that Rose is fucking crazy.

and he's too cool for crazy.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10077 on: October 06, 2010, 09:48:42 pm »

But that's just it; the dead dave was from an unstable time loop, and was thus doomed.

No, the entire event was unstable.  You got to flip it cause-ways.  The loop is supposed to work like this - Dave walks in, sees lack of books, goes back in time a few minutes, gets shanked by DD, a few minutes later the scene plays out again.  Instead, upon seeing one of himself, Dave decides not to do the obvious and forgoes any time travel.  That means the play of events that should have created the corpse he threw out the window never happened, because he talked himself out of it upon seeing a corpse that had no causal reason to exist.

Which I guess indicates a non-discretionary persistence of matter across the fourth dimension, and puts the kibosh on my Back to the Future photos idea.  Pity.  The universe really does eat paradoxes for breakfast.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10078 on: October 06, 2010, 09:52:39 pm »

No, the entire event was unstable.  You got to flip it cause-ways.
That's it folks, nobody else can make a better time-pun than this. It just isn't possible.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10079 on: October 06, 2010, 09:57:04 pm »

Agreed. Time to clock off.
Pages: 1 ... 670 671 [672] 673 674 ... 3524