Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 614 615 [616] 617 618 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5118158 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA: There is always a 'U'pdate!
« Reply #9225 on: September 25, 2010, 09:05:10 pm »

I'd have to say- Wait. I just got hit by Fridge Brilliance. Nanna associates Prospit with good and Derse with evil, despite us seeing evidence that suggests otherwise. Think about when Nanna would have lived. That's right, during the mid-20th century, the age of clear cut black and white morality.

Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #9226 on: September 25, 2010, 09:09:36 pm »

That's an interesting perspective MSH, but I'm far too busy squeeing at all the salamanders.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9227 on: September 25, 2010, 09:12:20 pm »

I'd have to say- Wait. I just got hit by Fridge Brilliance. Nanna associates Prospit with good and Derse with evil, despite us seeing evidence that suggests otherwise. Think about when Nanna would have lived. That's right, during the mid-20th century, the age of clear cut black and white morality.

Makes sense to me.

Do we know for sure whether the various enemies are Dersian, Prospitan, both, or neither? We saw them as black first because thats the element used for Johns planet but we've seen them cover the spectrum.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #9228 on: September 25, 2010, 09:23:24 pm »

That's a gross misrepresentation. There's never been an age of clear cut black and white morality, and if there was it certainly wouldn't be the twentieth century.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9229 on: September 25, 2010, 09:23:59 pm »

My guess is neither, they're just updated like the Dersites/Prospitans upon prototyping to keep the game fair, challenging, and interesting.

I still am somewhat skeptical about Prospit/Derse being Good/Evil. Derse fights Prospit, sure, but they haven't done anything all that evil.
In chess white always goes first. Is "good" ever known for making pre-emptive strikes?
« Last Edit: September 25, 2010, 09:26:00 pm by Urist Imiknorris »
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #9230 on: September 25, 2010, 09:24:52 pm »

My guess is neither, they're just updated like the Dersites/Prospitans upon prototyping to keep the game fair, challenging, and interesting.

Sounds about right. They have more in common with Jack than the Pawns and other chess-like pieces we see on the battlefield.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9231 on: September 25, 2010, 09:26:26 pm »

That's a gross misrepresentation. There's never been an age of clear cut black and white morality, and if there was it certainly wouldn't be the twentieth century.

I almost want to post some MSPA-derived reaction image, to express my face-palming, but I do not want to see this argument furthered here of all places.

Derse is supposed to be evil because their royalty want to destroy Skaia.  The Derse royalty want to destroy Skaia because they are evil.  It's a giant videogame, remember?
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #9232 on: September 25, 2010, 09:26:51 pm »

Especially considering the fact that Nanna was raised by the evil witch Betty Crocker but still retained her bright outlook.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9233 on: September 25, 2010, 09:27:27 pm »

I didn't mean that it was clear cut, I meant that it was seen as such in some circles of media. You know, the whole "Go USA! Unearth the soviet sympathizers!" kind of thing?

EDIT: Stuff like the Hays Code, Comics Code, and other rampant Moral Guardianship would be an example of what I'm typing about as well.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2010, 09:31:39 pm by MetalSlimeHunt »
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9234 on: September 25, 2010, 09:37:04 pm »

AG: Just 8ecause you are going to fail doesn't mean it won't 8e any fun along the way!
AG: 8y the looks of things, you have a very exciting 24 hours ahead of you.
AG: It'll 8e one hell of a reckoning!
NICE ATTITUDE
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #9235 on: September 25, 2010, 09:41:12 pm »

AG: Just 8ecause you are going to fail doesn't mean it won't 8e any fun along the way!
AG: 8y the looks of things, you have a very exciting 24 hours ahead of you.
AG: It'll 8e one hell of a reckoning!
NICE ATTITUDE

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9236 on: September 25, 2010, 09:44:18 pm »

Her eye scares me now.
 ' _*
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #9237 on: September 25, 2010, 09:54:49 pm »

I didn't mean that it was clear cut, I meant that it was seen as such in some circles of media. You know, the whole "Go USA! Unearth the soviet sympathizers!" kind of thing?

EDIT: Stuff like the Hays Code, Comics Code, and other rampant Moral Guardianship would be an example of what I'm typing about as well.

Remember, this is Nannasprite we're talking about with the good and evil, black and white mumbo jumbo. Since she's a sprite, she's basically programmed to spew those lines out, regardless of what she thought before a giant joke book landed on her.

This is what I should have said first.

I almost want to post some MSPA-derived reaction image, to express my face-palming, but I do not want to see this argument furthered here of all places.

Don't worry, I got you covered.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2010, 09:59:00 pm by Jim Groovester »
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9238 on: September 25, 2010, 10:26:14 pm »

So, since the trolls are supposed to be the gods of this world, which is which? I'm thinking that Gamzee inspired Buddhism, Tavros inspired Christianity, Equius inspired the Greeks, and maybe Karkat and Judaism?
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #9239 on: September 25, 2010, 10:29:52 pm »

Tavros can't have inspired Christianity, since it's an offshoot of Judaism.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (
Pages: 1 ... 614 615 [616] 617 618 ... 3524