Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 609 610 [611] 612 613 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5118129 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA: There is always a 'U'pdate!
« Reply #9150 on: September 25, 2010, 11:45:33 am »

While he may have had her best interests in mind there, Equius's behavior still screams domestic abuse.

Which, given troll society, may actually be normal for trolls. It's just complicated by his immense strength, so it would be very easy for him to accidentially kill someone.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9151 on: September 25, 2010, 11:47:36 am »

Due to a terrible miscalculation of scale the entire meteor swarm was swallowed by a small dog.  This sort of thing happens all the time.

Okay, because no one actually mentioned this, I have to give props for the reference.
I gave props. I said John was a knee-biter.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Deteramot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9152 on: September 25, 2010, 11:51:56 am »

While he may have had her best interests in mind there, Equius's behavior still screams domestic abuse.

As I was just ninja'd about up there, you are applying our society's norms to an alien culture. What is normal there is not normal here.

That's beside the point. You're not a member of their culture, so you will judge them as your society has taught you to. That's not the point of this post.

My point is that Equius could have gone about telling her no in a more gentle way, but I feel like he was brought up to believe/ began believing on his own that strong males aren't supposed to have to explain why, especially blue bloods. It's as much a product of his upbringing as it is a product of his personality.

My point? I don't think Equius is a domestic abuser, or a caricature of one. I think he is a concerned friend who happens to be a little hamfisted. Literally and figuratively.
I'm currently making a nice room for my legendary clerk. I always treat my legendaries with the greatest respect, giving them the best rooms and so on. Although the walls are mostly engraved with pictures of my miner starving to death after he fell down a well, so it's not too cheerful.

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9153 on: September 25, 2010, 12:37:05 pm »

Yeah, I really don't see Equius as a domestic abuser. He's super strong and has some rage issues, and because he knows that, he would never even contemplate being aggressive towards anything he did not intend to kill. He's controlling towards Nepeta because that's how the caste system should work, and Equius is a big believer in the caste system. He still has her best interests at heart. And she knows this, and helps him in turn. They're fated allies, and really complement each other.

Also, no one commented on this the first time so I'm going to assume everyone missed it and link it again. 8)

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #9154 on: September 25, 2010, 12:43:16 pm »

Yeah, yeah, I read it.

I don't see Feferi ever being that violent. And Sollux is way too rational and not moody enough.

The art is really cool, though. The music, not so much.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #9156 on: September 25, 2010, 01:13:28 pm »

So at what point did "Feferi doesn't want to associate with Eridan anymore" turn into "Feferi hates Eridan and wants to kill him?"  It seems like a lot of fan comics have Feferi killing him.
Shoes...

Deteramot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9157 on: September 25, 2010, 01:17:05 pm »

I guess a lot of people don't like Eridan. Can't say I blame them, he is kind of a prick.
I'm currently making a nice room for my legendary clerk. I always treat my legendaries with the greatest respect, giving them the best rooms and so on. Although the walls are mostly engraved with pictures of my miner starving to death after he fell down a well, so it's not too cheerful.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9158 on: September 25, 2010, 01:36:08 pm »

I guess a lot of people don't like Eridan. Can't say I blame them, he is kind of a prick.

He doesn't think ahead or much about other people, but he certainly can.  Look how fast he realized what a dick he is when he found out Sollux died.  So, okay he's a prick, but it's not an inherently bad guy.

As we increasingly learn, none of the Trolls are.  They're all just seriously screwed up and dysfunctional.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #9159 on: September 25, 2010, 01:47:23 pm »

Don't forget about how tirelessly he worked to keep Gl'golyb's voice down. What was Feferi doing to help with that? She wasn't going on FLARPing expeditions to find Lusi. And it was well within his power to kill all land dwwellers if he wanted to, but he refrained because it would upset Feferi. It's difficult to appreciate this gesture though, since it involves not engaging in genocide. The guy was pretty devoted to Feferi.

I think all those comics end up shortchanging Eridan's character and just make Feferi look like a huge bitch glub glub.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #9160 on: September 25, 2010, 02:13:58 pm »

Don't forget about how tirelessly he worked to keep Gl'golyb's voice down. What was Feferi doing to help with that? She wasn't going on FLARPing expeditions to find Lusi. And it was well within his power to kill all land dwwellers if he wanted to, but he refrained because it would upset Feferi. It's difficult to appreciate this gesture though, since it involves not engaging in genocide. The guy was pretty devoted to Feferi.

I think all those comics end up shortchanging Eridan's character and just make Feferi look like a huge bitch glub glub.

Yeah, we had a poll a while back on this very thread. While it was a close race, in the end it was decided that Feferi was more of a glub glub huge bitch than Eridan was a prick.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Elegy

• Bay Watcher
  • sw33ter than sugar :33
    • View Profile
« Reply #9161 on: September 25, 2010, 02:18:33 pm »

WV is cool
You could check announcements.txt and see what events might trigger that line.

EDIT: And hide all your picnic baskets.

Ninteen45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9162 on: September 25, 2010, 02:31:23 pm »

I think feferi is a human avatar for us. She is probably the most rational (Apart from Kanaya and arguably Tavroooooooos) and her reactions are pretty human by troll standards.
Max characters: 500; characters remaining: 395
Images in your signature must be no higher than 80 pixels.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #9163 on: September 25, 2010, 02:35:07 pm »

I dunno, I've never launched a E across the scre--------------------------------------------------en before...

:(
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9164 on: September 25, 2010, 02:51:52 pm »

I hate Feferi just for her typing, frankly.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei
Pages: 1 ... 609 610 [611] 612 613 ... 3524