Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 608 609 [610] 611 612 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5118436 times)

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA: There is always a 'U'pdate!
« Reply #9135 on: September 25, 2010, 10:05:40 am »

Glub is actually a relatively common sound effect for underwater noises. I don't think Hussie made the word, although I wouldn't put it past a young Hussie somehow influencing a bunch of comic artists to use that sound effect.

Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #9136 on: September 25, 2010, 10:19:59 am »

Glub is actually a relatively common sound effect for underwater noises. I don't think Hussie made the word, although I wouldn't put it past a young Hussie somehow influencing a bunch of comic artists to use that sound effect.

This is really depressing for me. :<
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #9137 on: September 25, 2010, 10:21:03 am »

And he keeps posting it!

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9138 on: September 25, 2010, 10:26:19 am »

I don't think she had anything to do with protecting the world from the glub. Her only intent was keeping spidermom fed and having fun. Granted she does have some justification for keeping herself alive so she won't be horribly eaten by spidermom, but it's just personal survival and noting like keeping her whole species safe. Eridan and Feferi were the only ones concerned with that stuff. Eridan and Vriska worked together because hell, you already have orphaned trolls/purposeless Lusi, may as well make use of 'em.

The way the whole troll/lusus thing is set up, I think that spidermom probably wouldn't eat Vriska. Probably. At least not on purpose.

Also, I am SHOCKED AND APPALLED by these allegations of domestic abuse. Just because Equius must constantly beat up robots to control his anger issues and loathes the lower classes it doesn't mean he would hurt his friends. >:(

:)

Benevolence

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #9139 on: September 25, 2010, 10:29:52 am »

Not deliberately, no. But recall that gently patting Aurthour left him with bruises. Aurthour is a member of one of the strongest types of lusus there is. The trolls, presumably, lack some of Aurthour's durability.

Also, I would not be surprised if that Vriska comic comes back to haunt me later. ._.

Deteramot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9140 on: September 25, 2010, 11:02:42 am »

My question is: What is Equius' keyboard made out of? It is never mentioned that he goes through a lot of keyboards, but it seems likely that with his uncontrollable strength, he would accidentally break them sometimes. Especially if he got upset while typing, like when talking to Aradia. Get his fingers stuck in the mangled keys and all that.

Maybe that's why he doesn't troll the humans, as it seems most of the computers in wherever the Trolls are are more similar to human computers than troll computers, which look mostly organic.
I'm currently making a nice room for my legendary clerk. I always treat my legendaries with the greatest respect, giving them the best rooms and so on. Although the walls are mostly engraved with pictures of my miner starving to death after he fell down a well, so it's not too cheerful.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9141 on: September 25, 2010, 11:06:04 am »

Equuis's creepy and controling friendship with Nepeta kind of reminds me of both some fictional and some real domestic abuse stories. His anger issues don't help assuage the similarity.

Also, I don't think we've ever seen the trolls using a genuine mechanical device. Everything they have seems to be either too simple to be counted as mechanical or organic.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Spade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9142 on: September 25, 2010, 11:15:28 am »

Spoiler: oh god (click to show/hide)
DungeonEscape
Will you make it out alive?

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9143 on: September 25, 2010, 11:16:59 am »

And now for something completely different.

Well, not completely different. It's still domestic violence, except this time it's TROLL domestic violence which is much more badass. Inasmuch kismesis counts as "domestic".

Deteramot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9144 on: September 25, 2010, 11:18:07 am »

I'm currently making a nice room for my legendary clerk. I always treat my legendaries with the greatest respect, giving them the best rooms and so on. Although the walls are mostly engraved with pictures of my miner starving to death after he fell down a well, so it's not too cheerful.

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9145 on: September 25, 2010, 11:20:22 am »

Due to a terrible miscalculation of scale the entire meteor swarm was swallowed by a small dog.  This sort of thing happens all the time.

Okay, because no one actually mentioned this, I have to give props for the reference.
Also often called Boowells.

Deteramot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9146 on: September 25, 2010, 11:25:31 am »

Due to a terrible miscalculation of scale the entire meteor swarm was swallowed by a small dog.  This sort of thing happens all the time.

Okay, because no one actually mentioned this, I have to give props for the reference.

Indeed, props for the reference. I felt that the props where implied though.

Everyone likes Douglas Adams. Those who don't are just liars.

.... That was a Douglas Adams quote, right?

Ninteen45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9147 on: September 25, 2010, 11:29:32 am »

Spoiler: How I see Equius. (click to show/hide)
Max characters: 500; characters remaining: 395
Images in your signature must be no higher than 80 pixels.

Deteramot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9148 on: September 25, 2010, 11:37:27 am »

Spoiler: How I see Equius. (click to show/hide)

Indeed. I think Equius can be a bit of an arrogant prick sometimes, but I don't think he would purposefully hurt his friends, and especially not Nepeta.

I do imagine he may hurt them on accident, either because he gets upset and grabs someone by the arm or something (kinda like Karkat did in that one recently linked comic that makes me want to cry T_T) or he tries to gently pat somebody on the shoulder or something and breaks their arm.

Seriously, I think Equius is a very tragic character if you think about for long.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #9149 on: September 25, 2010, 11:38:43 am »

While he may have had her best interests in mind there, Equius's behavior still screams domestic abuse.
Shoes...
Pages: 1 ... 608 609 [610] 611 612 ... 3524