Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 607 608 [609] 610 611 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5118431 times)

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA: There is always a 'U'pdate!
« Reply #9120 on: September 24, 2010, 11:06:31 pm »

Bec will shrink the meteor to a more manageable size.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Qmarx

• Bay Watcher
  • "?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #9121 on: September 24, 2010, 11:13:47 pm »

Due to a terrible miscalculation of scale the entire meteor swarm was swallowed by a small dog.  This sort of thing happens all the time.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9122 on: September 24, 2010, 11:17:39 pm »

Due to a terrible miscalculation of scale the entire meteor swarm was swallowed by a small dog.  This sort of thing happens all the time.

Now THAT would be a major gamebreaking glitch, and maybe even a good one. :)

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9123 on: September 24, 2010, 11:30:28 pm »

John, you're a real knee-biter.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9124 on: September 25, 2010, 01:33:43 am »

However, she enjoys it fully. Don't get me wrong, I like a well-done evil character, but Vriska isn't done well at all. Instead of provoking awe or even comedy at the audaciousness of her actions, Vriska is just sickening.

As I said before, I believe, she doesn't kill people because she enjoys it, she kills them because its her job. It's what she does.
And its important to like what you do.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #9125 on: September 25, 2010, 01:59:31 am »

Here's something that occurred to me while reading the updates earlier today: John is exactly Vriska's type. A good-natured, impressionable doofus who is seemingly always cheery.

Then there's this:

AG: Your timeline is my we8, and suddenly you are all tangled up in it, wriggling and helpless.
AG: Isn't that cooooooool????????

This is exactly the sort of position Vriska likes the people she has crushes on to be in: completely helpless to her.

The general point of this is that I expect there are going to be some interesting interactions between John and Vriska in the future, because there are an awful lot of things that suggest romantic interest on Vriska's part. There's not enough to say for certain that that's what's going on, but that's the feeling I get.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #9126 on: September 25, 2010, 02:57:09 am »

Yep, definitely a LOTR thing going on with this comic.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9127 on: September 25, 2010, 04:03:51 am »

AG: Your timeline is my we8, and suddenly you are all tangled up in it, wriggling and helpless.
AG: Isn't that cooooooool??

EB: meh.
EB: so, you seem to like 8's a whole bunch, and i guess you are like, kind of spidery themed or something?

AG: Yeah!
EB: haha, spiders are gross!
AG: Fuck you!!!!!!!!

Loved that bit at the end. Go John!

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9128 on: September 25, 2010, 04:53:22 am »

And even then she was serving to protect the whole of troll society from the vast glub, as well as feed her lusus, so it's not like she's entirely unjustified.

Protecting the world from the Vast Glub? Oh come on. She built Eridan a doomsday device. She's completely okay with having to kill people all the time. She'd probably like it better if everyone didn't hate her and karma wasn't always biting her arms off, but the killing part doesn't bother her in the slightest.

And you know what? If Vriska was genuinely a broken and troubled individual who was stuck in an impossible situation because of that, long since past the Despair Event Horizon, I might have her higher up on my troll list.

However, she enjoys it fully. Don't get me wrong, I like a well-done evil character, but Vriska isn't done well at all. Instead of provoking awe or even comedy at the audaciousness of her actions, Vriska is just sickening.

And you know what? SHE'S NOT EVEN A VILLAIN. She's on the same side as the other trolls, working together with them to win Sgrub. She seems to have stopped killing and crippling her friends, and the only strangers left to kill are the four human kids and the residents of Derse and Prospit. She killed hundreds of people and GOT AWAY WITH IT. :D

Troll society is generally more relaxed about that sort of thing. The closest thing Alternia has to law enforcement are the Imperial Drones, who mercilessly kill those who don't fill the romance requirements. The other trolls didn't really make that big a deal about her killing other trolls. Lying about not killing other trolls, and killing and crippling her friends were the things that cemented her huge bitch status. And from what I gather from her pesterlogs with Equius, even that is pretty much business as usual for the blue bloods.

Addendum:
I read the bit with Troll Andrew again and found this.
No, this is MY LIFE we're talking about here. Bullies. Wolves. Musty attics. Huge spiders. Did I mention the spiders? Let me tell you, I got HELLA spiders up in this...
FORESHADOWING! IT WAS VRISKA'S ATTIC ALL ALONG!
« Last Edit: September 25, 2010, 05:08:02 am by Soadreqm »

Spade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9129 on: September 25, 2010, 07:20:31 am »

Update
DungeonEscape
Will you make it out alive?

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #9130 on: September 25, 2010, 07:25:42 am »

As far as I'm concerned, Vriska was responsible for 3 unnecassary evils:

Aridia: Forgiven by way of Aridia killing her.

Tavros: Forgiven by Tavros personally.

Terezi: Forgiven by Terezi. Also slapped by Terezi.

The genocide was more necassary because as was pointed out she was preventing the Vast Glub. So then she gets into the territory of: Is the SCP Foundation 'Evil', or just massive assholes?
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9131 on: September 25, 2010, 08:30:13 am »

Is the SCP Foundation 'Evil', or just massive assholes?
Yes.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9132 on: September 25, 2010, 09:45:48 am »

The genocide was more necassary because as was pointed out she was preventing the Vast Glub. So then she gets into the territory of: Is the SCP Foundation Vriska 'Evil', or just massive assholes a (bluh bluh) huge bitch?
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9133 on: September 25, 2010, 09:58:12 am »

I don't think she had anything to do with protecting the world from the glub. Her only intent was keeping spidermom fed and having fun. Granted she does have some justification for keeping herself alive so she won't be horribly eaten by spidermom, but it's just personal survival and noting like keeping her whole species safe. Eridan and Feferi were the only ones concerned with that stuff. Eridan and Vriska worked together because hell, you already have orphaned trolls/purposeless Lusi, may as well make use of 'em.

Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #9134 on: September 25, 2010, 10:00:55 am »

I noticed this yesterday with Duke,

Glub!
Pages: 1 ... 607 608 [609] 610 611 ... 3524