Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 606 607 [608] 609 610 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5118636 times)

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA: There is always a 'U'pdate!
« Reply #9105 on: September 24, 2010, 09:20:06 pm »

I'm not worried about Becquerel, I mean he is like 400 million years old or something, he's gotta have quite a bit of survival skills. I'm worried about the planet being mostly molten by the time the exiles arrive.

That's not my point. Since Earth does not become a molten wasteland Becquerel must obviously do something to prevent that giant meteor from slamming into Earth, thus avoiding the potential plot hole if it hits. He'll probably zap it back 4.5 billion years or casually set the moon in its orbit or something like that.

You know, mundane, dog god stuff.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9106 on: September 24, 2010, 09:22:04 pm »

At least part of that meteor has to hit, because we've seen Jade's Home and the Frog Temple get hit during some of the old time lapses.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9107 on: September 24, 2010, 09:24:25 pm »

EDIT: If that is the meteor in http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=004556 , then that isn't just going to be a life ending event, but it looks like it will almost shatter the planet. The exiles might not even have a PLANET to exile to if that hits.

You underestimate Becquerel's power to avoid potential plot holes.

I'm not worried about Becquerel, I mean he is like 400 million years old or something, he's gotta have quite a bit of survival skills. I'm worried about the planet being mostly molten by the time the exiles arrive.

We've already seen the planet the exiles are on.  You're overanalyzing stuff that isn't important.

Its important if the Exiles are suppoused to be on Earth. But yea, you have a point, this is a comic and Andrew has already broken the physics of time and curved it into a pretzel. Still, sometimes there are things that would have very clear consequences, like that moon sized asteroid.

At least part of that meteor has to hit, because we've seen Jade's Home and the Frog Temple get hit during some of the old time lapses.
Not sure where that would be, but those are most likely smaller meteors that are ahead of the big one.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9108 on: September 24, 2010, 09:26:47 pm »

James, listen to me very carefuly. M. S. T. 3. K. Mantra.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #9109 on: September 24, 2010, 09:29:21 pm »

Does it? I don't recall ever seeing a meteor hit Jade's house during Jade's time. Years in the past and future, yes, but not in the present.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9110 on: September 24, 2010, 09:31:22 pm »

James, listen to me very carefuly. M. S. T. 3. K. Mantra.

Metal Slime Team 3 Kill?

Seriously, I don't get what you're talking about.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #9111 on: September 24, 2010, 09:32:15 pm »

You've never seen Mystery Science Theater.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #9112 on: September 24, 2010, 09:33:26 pm »

Man, even I watch Mystery Science Theater 3000. Have to dig them up in the depths of the internet, because they're not on TV anymore, but they're seriously worth it.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

eclipsetail

• Bay Watcher
  • [HIGH_FIVES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9113 on: September 24, 2010, 09:34:58 pm »

Now that we know the trolls I can't help but laugh every time I see this

And I've watched it like a thousand times.  :P

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #9114 on: September 24, 2010, 09:35:12 pm »

Does it? I don't recall ever seeing a meteor hit Jade's house during Jade's time. Years in the past and future, yes, but not in the present.

Yes, I still think Bec or Dave sent it back (or forward) in time.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9115 on: September 24, 2010, 09:35:30 pm »

OH I SEE.....

Yea I've seen it way back, although it wasn't usually captioned :P

The acronym and Mystery Science Theater 3000 just didn't connect in my brain for some reason.

eclipsetail

• Bay Watcher
  • [HIGH_FIVES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9116 on: September 24, 2010, 09:36:35 pm »

I'm trying to re-watch all the cool flashes cause they're cool.

Qmarx

• Bay Watcher
  • "?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #9117 on: September 24, 2010, 10:17:14 pm »

Genocide? When did Vriska do that?
When she and Eridan killed all those trolls to feed her lusis and Gl'bgolyb. The exact number is unknown, but just look at the things. No way you're feeding them without commiting genocide.

That's not genocide, that's mass murder.

It would be genocide if they were exclusively targeting land dwwellers to exterminate them, but those were not their exclusive targets nor their purpose.

The two terms are not perfectly interchangeable.

Alright, fine, mass murder.

And even then she was serving to protect the whole of troll society from the vast glub, as well as feed her lusus, so it's not like she's entirely unjustified.

If you want to take a purely pragmatic point of view, if she didn't kill them they would have been dead within a week, along with everyone else.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2010, 10:20:39 pm by Qmarx »

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9118 on: September 24, 2010, 10:25:51 pm »

And even then she was serving to protect the whole of troll society from the vast glub, as well as feed her lusus, so it's not like she's entirely unjustified.
And you know what? If Vriska was genuinely a broken and troubled individual who was stuck in an impossible situation because of that, long since past the Despair Event Horizon, I might have her higher up on my troll list.

However, she enjoys it fully. Don't get me wrong, I like a well-done evil character, but Vriska isn't done well at all. Instead of provoking awe or even comedy at the audaciousness of her actions, Vriska is just sickening.
No Gods, No Masters.

Deteramot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9119 on: September 24, 2010, 10:30:35 pm »

Personally, that's why I like her as a villain. Bad guys with Freudian excuses are just not trying hard enough. Plus, it's part of the scapegoating that people constantly use to justify actions. That's why I like Vriska: she doesn't try to justify her evil because she knows there is no justification.

I also like villains which sicken me and enrage me, although, to be honest, Vriska doesn't do that. Her sickening attributes are tempered by her humorous tendencies, especially in Pesterlogs.

HEY SO ALSO:

I've heard rumors that there are Homestuck roleplays hiding up in here and on the MSPA fora. Anything happening up in here that is Homestuck related, I would like to become involved with. So, is there a Bay12 based Homestuck Play-by-Post, or whatever the local lingo is?
« Last Edit: September 24, 2010, 10:35:07 pm by Deteramot »
I'm currently making a nice room for my legendary clerk. I always treat my legendaries with the greatest respect, giving them the best rooms and so on. Although the walls are mostly engraved with pictures of my miner starving to death after he fell down a well, so it's not too cheerful.
Pages: 1 ... 606 607 [608] 609 610 ... 3524