Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 593 594 [595] 596 597 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5120547 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA: There is always a 'U'pdate!
« Reply #8910 on: September 22, 2010, 10:13:29 am »

Or it's John's? Those are fireflies overhead after all...

If thats true, then we are at the point where the kids (or at least John) have defeated their denziens.

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8911 on: September 22, 2010, 10:28:28 am »

...?  ???

Why is that? Johns just been sent back to his world by jet board, that's it.
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8912 on: September 22, 2010, 10:34:48 am »

...?  ???

Why is that? Johns just been sent back to his world by jet board, that's it.

I remember somewhere that the fireflies used to populate the sky, but the denzien of that world ate them or did something to stop them from doing so. Therefore, if the fireflies are back in the sky, then the denzien has been defeated.

I know its back in arc 2 or 3 when John had entered his planet and was messing around on the surface but don't have time to go look for it right now.

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8913 on: September 22, 2010, 10:37:05 am »

Yeah, this is continuing from Descend. Dream John is mucking about on Skaia, and not-Dream John was strapped into a rocket board by AR in a heroic act of self sacrifice. And by pure random chance (HAH!) he just happens to land back on his planet. Jade hasn't entered yet, and that is quite clearly the Land of Wind and Shade.

Oh, yeah, I see what you mean. Yeah, it was ROSE'S denizen who ate everything. John's denizen... I forget what that one did, but the fireflies have always been there, ever since the exploration flash.

Also, I know we have updates now, and fan art is no longer needed to generate something to talk about, but someone called Aduross on the other forum drew this.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 22, 2010, 10:45:01 am by Soadreqm »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8914 on: September 22, 2010, 10:51:44 am »

Just checked the wiki and I was wrong about the fireflies, they have been stuck there from the start. Sorry for the confusion, heh.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8915 on: September 22, 2010, 01:33:24 pm »

Jack: Ascend shows the Guardians defeating their kids' respective Denizens.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8916 on: September 22, 2010, 01:49:28 pm »

No.  I dont think those are the denizens.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8917 on: September 22, 2010, 01:59:33 pm »

The one that Roses mom fought looks like it is the creature that left the massive amount of loot (which had to be stored) and right before it goes to that scene, we see Maplehoof, who we get to a bit later.

The Doctor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8918 on: September 22, 2010, 02:01:17 pm »

It looked just like an over-powered cyclops, if I remember. Or giclops.

Or biclops.

Remember, it took the trolls 600ish hours to finish the game. Even if it's because there's 3 times the players, that still means 200 hours for the kids. Mom killed the beasty in the first few hours of the game. Besides, I'm pretty sure it's been stated that the kids have to kill the denizens.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #8919 on: September 22, 2010, 02:04:26 pm »

Yeah, I think it's implied that those were their denizens. Terezi told John that the denizen guards an incredibly large grist cache, and then when we skip to Maplehoof she finds a large grist cache, presumably because Mom defeated Rose's denizen in Jack: Ascend.

Remember, it took the trolls 600ish hours to finish the game. Even if it's because there's 3 times the players, that still means 200 hours for the kids. Mom killed the beasty in the first few hours of the game. Besides, I'm pretty sure it's been stated that the kids have to kill the denizens.

The kids are on a much more demanding timetable. They have hours, not weeks, to finish the game.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8920 on: September 22, 2010, 02:20:29 pm »

Yeah, I think it's implied that those were their denizens. Terezi told John that the denizen guards an incredibly large grist cache, and then when we skip to Maplehoof she finds a large grist cache, presumably because Mom defeated Rose's denizen in Jack: Ascend.

The kids are on a much more demanding timetable. They have hours, not weeks, to finish the game.

The kids have more like a week, a bit over a week. Still, the trolls have nearly a month to mess around with.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8921 on: September 22, 2010, 02:37:42 pm »

Those were not the denizens. I think I remember having this argument before, come to think of it. Anyway, John's denizen is a creature residing in a castle on the Land of Wind and Shade, and is the one pumping that black substance all over the planet.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8922 on: September 22, 2010, 02:48:15 pm »

Yeah. Killing the denizens unlock a huge grist cache in the planet's core used for the Ultimate Alchemy. Does the amount of grist that Maplehoof gathered look like it's enough to make an universe? Or even a quarter of one? I certainly don't think so. Besides, Mom just rowed a boat to a cave and entered. And Bro found the octopus just swimming in the magma. If getting to fight the denizen is that easy, why is the construction phase of the game even needed? Why would John have had to blast off to the seventh gate if Dad could just walk to the Denizen's cave? And the octopus Bro fought was prototyped. It was wearing a princess getup. It was a common Dersite, not an ancient sleeping evil. There is nothing hinting that they would be the denizens, except the fact that they were really big compared to the creatures the humans had fought earlier.

Ninteen45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8923 on: September 22, 2010, 03:12:48 pm »

Yeah, they ar like, special mooks that there are only one of, ya know?
Max characters: 500; characters remaining: 395
Images in your signature must be no higher than 80 pixels.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #8924 on: September 22, 2010, 03:15:25 pm »

Well, not exactly common, but Dersites yes.

I think the denizens will have to do with the elements. Possibly opposite of the kids element, so Dave will have to fight a giant Water-beast, and Rose will have some mammoth fire-thing to take down. Like that.

Although, the kids broke the game so much already I don't doubt that Hussie would still require them to kill their denizens, at least not in a normal strife fight. Probably something stupid, like Maplehoof beating the shit out of it and then Rose just walks in, goes WTF, and then picks up enough grist to make a quarter of a universe.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.
Pages: 1 ... 593 594 [595] 596 597 ... 3524