Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 568 569 [570] 571 572 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5121654 times)

Qmarx

• Bay Watcher
  • "?"
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA: There Could Be An Update RIGHT NOW
« Reply #8535 on: September 17, 2010, 04:33:26 pm »

Question, how often does this Homestuck thing update? Or in other words, I'm reading up to six-seven updates weekly; when can I join this discussion too?

Back  of the envelope calculations suggest...
About a year after it's over.

Anyway, looks like we finally see what boondollars can be used for - fraymotifs!

Mother of god! I hope you guys seriously aren't kidding!
No, I actually did the calculations. You're reading it at about a quarter of the rate at which it's produced... actually, I was assuming you were already caught up to the current day.  Read faster.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #8536 on: September 17, 2010, 04:47:02 pm »

You should probably read about a hundred pages a day. That will get you through the troll arc in about a week. For the whole adventure, it'll take you about a month.

As for Aradia beating Vriska up just because, yeah, that's quite possible. She said she was sorry for making her boyfriend kill her. Some people just can't forgive. :P

It makes Aradia a more interesting character if she did it because she wanted to. If it was part of some timeline management thing, she still didn't have a choice in the matter, even if it's something she'd really like to do, and that's not really satisfying. But if there's no timeline management attached, she made a choice, the first one in a while. It's an improvement, however small of a one, over being the unquestioning servant of anybody who will give her orders.

And you want to talk about forgiveness? How about we talk about gratitude? Vriska had that soulbot made as a gift, and how does Aradia say thanks? By killing the person who had it made! Talk about ungrateful.

However, if the other timelines were doomed, doesn't the rift make the prime timeline doomed as well?

Well, yes. But it's apparently the best option of infinitely many, all much less favorable.

The trolls are probably at the end of the things they can do themselves to fix it. So their only recourse is to troll the people who did it and hope they can fix it somehow.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8537 on: September 17, 2010, 05:27:21 pm »

I still stand by my theory that Aradia only believes all her actions have been inevitable, something she tells herself to make it all bearable, although her personality is pretty screwy across every iteration.  As for beating up Vriska, if the point was just to kill her, I imagine she could have done it a lot quicker and easier if she had wanted.  She even stopped mid-stroke when Tavros showed up; she was still beating on what may have been a corpse.

And Aqizzar, your Recommended Shipping Material seems broken now.

Still works for me, it just took a couple tries before the image-reader thing would load correctly.  It's a pretty dinky hosting site.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8538 on: September 17, 2010, 05:30:08 pm »

Yeah, that was revenge, pure and simple. I wonder if she even knew about the dream selves, as she has none.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8539 on: September 17, 2010, 05:30:32 pm »

It takes a few tries to load the first page, but I can't find a way to get the other pages workin-

Fuck you for making me complain about not being able to access fanfiction.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8540 on: September 17, 2010, 05:48:46 pm »

It takes a few tries to load the first page, but I can't find a way to get the other pages workin-

Fuck you for making me complain about not being able to access fanfiction.

What the... Ah fuck, you're right.  Well, back to the source, I guess.
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8541 on: September 17, 2010, 07:27:55 pm »

Oh god, why is it that those trolls talk so much? I understand some of the reason for doing it, but honestly so many words! I really do wonder how those of lesser lexicon knowledge react when they have to read Rose's and that Virgo troll's perterchum log, especially here (that file name for the chatlog is hilarious!).

*Note, that's where I'm stopping; you give me any spoilers and I may do something regrettable.*
"OH NO! That carp is gulping at me menacingly, even though it cannot really threaten me from here on land!  I KNOW! I'll dodge into the water, where I'll be safe!"

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8542 on: September 17, 2010, 07:33:03 pm »

Some of them are just naturally verbose, like Kanaya (GrimAuxilatrix) and Aradia (ApocalypseArisen).
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #8543 on: September 17, 2010, 07:48:32 pm »

They don't shut up.

Wait until Karkat (carcinoGeneticist) gives John a huge, angry exposition dump near the end of Act 4.

Also, update. Lord English gets summoned at the end of the trolls' session.

I think I called this a while ago. Let me go check.

Ah, I did. Sorta.

This does not explain why he has his agents affecting the outcome of the trolls' session in the least; perhaps instead of Lord English devouring the game universe, he enters the game universe when it is destroyed, and then moseys his way on over to the fuller, more complete universe that the players originally inhabited to gobble that up over the slow course of time.

Ehh, close enough. Go me I guess.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2010, 07:56:36 pm by Jim Groovester »
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

eclipsetail

• Bay Watcher
  • [HIGH_FIVES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8544 on: September 17, 2010, 07:59:58 pm »

Do we really know it's him yet?

edit: nvm. It's him.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8545 on: September 17, 2010, 08:05:48 pm »

Looks like everybody is in the Trollslum instead of just the ones actually trolling the kids.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Deteramot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8546 on: September 17, 2010, 08:08:17 pm »

As far as I understood, the Reckoning from the Kids' session is what truly futsed over the Trolls' session. So perhaps their universes are linked somehow, and the Reckoning in the Kids' session is what brings Lord English into the Multiverse.

WMG time: Maybe the final boss will be Lord English, and the Kids and the Trolls and the Midnight Crew will band together to defeat him.

I think it would be awesome.
I'm currently making a nice room for my legendary clerk. I always treat my legendaries with the greatest respect, giving them the best rooms and so on. Although the walls are mostly engraved with pictures of my miner starving to death after he fell down a well, so it's not too cheerful.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8547 on: September 17, 2010, 08:12:28 pm »

Do we really know it's him yet?

edit: nvm. It's him.

I mean, how many more hint do you need?

Looks like everybody is in the Trollslum instead of just the ones actually trolling the kids.

Yeah, all twelve of them were visible at some point in the kids' different Trollslum lists.  John even mentioned being trolled by a bunch of them months before the game started.

By the way, I just realized Duke: You were trying to read that fanfic a second time, weren't you?  You already read it once and your Mangrit blew away in the wind (it's a ship pun), and you just couldn't stay away, could you?

Dammit, where the Hell is that lazy ass author.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #8548 on: September 17, 2010, 08:15:12 pm »

As far as I understood, the Reckoning from the Kids' session is what truly futsed over the Trolls' session. So perhaps their universes are linked somehow, and the Reckoning in the Kids' session is what brings Lord English into the Multiverse.

It can't be The Reckoning. The Reckoning just sends meteors to Skaia that get diverted to the players' home planet, and it acts as a signal for the players to get their crap in gear and hurry up and win the game. Whatever causes The Rift is something else.

Their universes are linked, though. The Rift the kids caused screws over the trolls, as we're seeing now.

Also, Aradia is chatting with Doc Scratch. It's hard to tell if he's being forthcoming with any information, for obvious reasons.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8549 on: September 17, 2010, 08:21:10 pm »

Also, Aradia is chatting with Doc Scratch. It's hard to tell if he's being forthcoming with any information, for obvious reasons.

I didn't notice the white-text chatlog.  ?_? indeed.  I was confused by the timeline on the left, until I remembered it only displays people actually posting in a bulletin.
Pages: 1 ... 568 569 [570] 571 572 ... 3524