Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 532 533 [534] 535 536 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5121809 times)

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA: There Could Be An Update RIGHT NOW
« Reply #7995 on: September 08, 2010, 08:43:11 pm »

Equius believes that since his caste makes him better than all the mudbloods around him, he should act like it, and show his superiority by being charitable towards his lessers. I can see him building Vriska a new arm just because she's in need of one, and only using the remote control function when she gets uppity. He's a bit of a dick sometimes, but really an okay guy if you manage to make him consider you a friend rather than a nuisance.

Well, he did kind of install a love chip in Aradiabot, but I count that towards general creepiness than outright villainy. And Aradia loves him without the chip, and that makes it okay. Somehow.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7996 on: September 08, 2010, 08:45:20 pm »

I always just assumed that extreme love and extreme hate all fell under romance in the end, so while Equius failed miserably to get Aradia to love him, he succeeded spectacularly in getting her to hate him, and BAM! Instant Blackrom.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7997 on: September 08, 2010, 09:30:36 pm »

Maybe kanaya just wanted to keep the legs?
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #7998 on: September 08, 2010, 09:50:53 pm »

She gave them to Equius so he can musclebeast roleplay with Roboradia.
Shoes...

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7999 on: September 08, 2010, 10:03:32 pm »

Jim Groovester was the first to make a post about the flash.  That was ten hours ago - in that time, 182 posts, including this one.  18 posts an hour seems like a lot, but also not that much for some reason.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8000 on: September 08, 2010, 10:14:28 pm »

Totally worth the wait.

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8001 on: September 08, 2010, 10:20:53 pm »

I agree, but apparently certain others don't.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8002 on: September 08, 2010, 10:21:08 pm »

It was good but my mind wasn't blown.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
« Reply #8003 on: September 08, 2010, 10:27:50 pm »

Ide/Theory: Andrew used this flash to lower everyone expectations, so that when the real flash comes out, everyone will be floored again.
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8004 on: September 08, 2010, 10:29:10 pm »

It was a wonderful flash, but we were all expecting this to be the flash that end the story of the trolls. And thus we were disappointed that it was not the epic end to their story. But at the same time it introduced some cool elements to make us want to read a few more months of Trolls. Mayhaps.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8005 on: September 08, 2010, 10:33:44 pm »

Speak for yourself, Duke. I was expecting this to not be the troll arc ending. I got pretty much what I expected: more Trollstory with more to come.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8006 on: September 08, 2010, 10:35:34 pm »

Alright, many of us were expecting it. I didn't really hold it so this was amazing without the usual disappointments. And OHMYGODANACTUALWALKCYCLE. My animation cortex is buzzing with activity.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8007 on: September 08, 2010, 10:47:49 pm »

My expectation is that this is the point where they start trolling the kids, so we'll start going back and forth between the parties now. We'll see if I'm right.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8008 on: September 08, 2010, 10:54:22 pm »

I can't wait to see what sweet shit Jade will make. Dave has his snowtime machinesword, which is pretty sweet, but I could see Jade having some sort of nuclear bullet sniper cannon.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #8009 on: September 08, 2010, 11:08:23 pm »

I'm with Sensei on this. What I was hoping we'd see in terms of the trollflash, even ignoring stuff like the last few trolls entering the medium, the last couple lands, the exiling of Jack and destroying the ring, and of course the Black King battle, was the point where the trolls realized that winning the game doesn't matter and that everyone is going to die and that time will end. I mean, it's been made clear that time gets torn a new one, and all the stuff about Demonhead Lord English implies that he's extremely involved in said events. But the trolls probably didn't make this massive jump from "huh, we didn't win the game? weird" to "time's ending?!?!?!" just by scrolling up on Trollian. The moment they figured it out and this all went from a game to srsbsns is what I really want to see. Well, and all that other stuff too, but we'll see most of that eventually one way or the other. I just want to see the oshi moment sooner.

Also, has anybody noticed (and I'm sure someone has) that the Earth session is so much more jokey and not serious? I mean, the obvious is that the kids were raised like human beings where as the trolls were basically raised by monsters that they also take care of back, built their own homes, are forced to reproduce or die, and will eventually grow up to go to war. But moving past that (and this is something Hussie touched on briefly as a reason for showing us the trolls' session in a formspring answer), the kids prototyped their kernels with a clown doll, a dead crow, a cat, a grandmother, and a princess doll with tentacles. The trolls prototyped monsters. Even their exiles are more malevolent. Hell, Earth's first guardian is a dog. It seems a lot like the hokey jokey nature of the Earth session is much more of a fluke than anything else.

Well, I guess there's mustachioed, udder-heavy Aurthour, but, you know, exceptions to the rule and all that.
Pages: 1 ... 532 533 [534] 535 536 ... 3524