Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 524 525 [526] 527 528 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5121767 times)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA: There Could Be An Update RIGHT NOW
« Reply #7875 on: September 08, 2010, 03:30:43 pm »

I for one am tired of rapper-pose Aradia, where she's got one hand forward in some kind of limp faux gang sign.
Shoes...

Bandages

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7876 on: September 08, 2010, 03:36:27 pm »

Well Aradia in general is a boring character with a boring personality and boring powers.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #7877 on: September 08, 2010, 03:39:35 pm »

Mostly, but she's been a bit more interesting now that she has this emotional overload thing going on. Though powers with apparently no limits are boring as hell, yes.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #7878 on: September 08, 2010, 03:40:06 pm »

For srs man.  Even the way she types is boring.
Shoes...

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7879 on: September 08, 2010, 03:46:23 pm »

Which was why Vriska got so pissed at her after she died, I guess.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #7880 on: September 08, 2010, 03:47:29 pm »

For srs man.  Even the way she types is boring.

0_0

I see what Karkat was getting at when he said Aradia was shithive maggots. To be fair, being murdered and then programmed to love a domineering asshole would probably make anyone a little crazy.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7881 on: September 08, 2010, 03:54:30 pm »

And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7882 on: September 08, 2010, 03:59:38 pm »

The difference between dream selves and normal selves seems a lot like identical people except dream versions can fly. I mean, there isn't really a 'dream world' per se. Prospit and Derse aren't restricted to the dreamfolk, they're just places. And seeing as the planets and Skaia are all nearby, and there's atmosphere around the entire Medium, having a dreamself is really like never having to take a break to sleep and you can fly half the time, only half of the time you magically appear somewhere else.

That's not really the whole deal. Dream Jade definitely acts differently from normal Jade. Well, acted. I don't know whether this is something inherent to the dreamselves, caused by them having the "dream self" status (lost when the real self dies and the dream self becomes the new real), or caused by their location on the moons. In any case, they're not really quite the same person. And yet they are. I bet it's going to be either really simple or really complicated.

Vriska takes so much crap from every character, though.

Ugh, she is so likable because of how pathetic she is, and still she is just whomped every fucking scene in this flash.

Yeah. I felt kind of bad for her there, when Aradia was demolishing the local ruins by tossing her at them. But on the other hand, I suppose she deserves some comeuppance for all the terrible things she did.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I think that might be my favorite close up of anything in MSPA. John shaking his fist at the imps on his pogo ride and pretty much any shot of SS glaring at anything through those slits he sees through come close though.

I really like Vriska's Manipul8 and Terezi's courtroom coin flip as well.

By the way, this really illustrates how dysfunctional trolls are, as lampshaded by Kanaya's thoughts on Rose's walkthrough. They have a lot really tangled and conflicting romance going on, along with plenty of old vendettas and a general tendency to respond to things not going well by crushing their enemies. The humans, by contrast, are best friends. And that's it. They make an excellent team and would never try to backstab each other.

This could also be what Terezi meant when she said they were all crazy in their own way. All the trolls have some glaring personality flaw that makes it difficult for them to work as a team with most of the other trolls. The game will be mostly about them learning the true meaning of friendship. The humans already know all about that, and their psychological problems are mostly focused inwards. Sburb will force them to confront all their insecurities and delusions to realize the elaborate roles the game has generated for them.

Maybe that's what it's for?

IDE/THEORY: The true purpose of Sburb is to facilitate the emotional growth of a small group of thirteen-year-olds. Their home planet is collateral damage, and the game takes some measures to fix it by sending the exiles to restart civilization. Also, the reason the troll game is ruined is that they haven't quite achieved that yet. Killing the black king was largely pointless in the big picture, and the game is still going on. During their 600-hour-long campaign they learned the value of teamwork, but their response to an outside problem is still to troll some strangers backwards in time and try to get them killed and things like that. They will only win when they work together with the humans.

Dragooble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7883 on: September 08, 2010, 04:01:56 pm »

A creature the size of europe can occupy only one tile.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7884 on: September 08, 2010, 04:14:57 pm »

(poor vriska)
You know what? No. I hold no sympathy. She deserved every abuse she gets. Granted I don't support the amusement of a character even as lowly as Vriska, but I hold no sympathy for her.
Vriska takes so much crap from every character, though.

Ugh, she is so likable because of how pathetic she is, and still she is just whomped every fucking scene in this flash.
She takes a lot of crap because she stirred up the crap in the first place. She pooped this shit out in the first place. And in the future when she talks to past Tavros she is still somewhat of an ass.
 I was even thinking of why I still dislike this character so much, and why the only reason she isn't on the very bottom is because Equius attempted mind-rape. I need to do some research on some troll logs again.

And yeah, nice flash. I was also a little ticked at all the non-Hussie art in there that stood out like a sore articulation nub, but then I noticed something that made this different: Actual animations. Showing the last flash to my sister she commented that it was more of a slightly animated slideshow and the only thing close to animation was Jacks legs. Now we get a nice little walk cycle from Terezi and some other nice bits that help out. And plenty of Hero Mode.

Edit: Also, somebody totally called it.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 04:19:11 pm by Duke 2.0 »
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7885 on: September 08, 2010, 04:17:38 pm »

You know, Alternia looks very different during the day. I had no idea Terezi's forest looked anything like what the flash depicts.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 04:26:19 pm by MetalSlimeHunt »
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7886 on: September 08, 2010, 04:25:04 pm »

Aw, I was hoping he'd wrap up the troll stuff.

Nepeta GLOMPing Equius was the best part.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #7887 on: September 08, 2010, 04:29:35 pm »

I noticed something that made this different: Actual animations. Showing the last flash to my sister she commented that it was more of a slightly animated slideshow and the only thing close to animation was Jacks legs. Now we get a nice little walk cycle from Terezi and some other nice bits that help out. And plenty of Hero Mode.

I noticed that too (fun watching Equius bounce side to side much like a Street Fighter character), but didn't really realize it until you mentioned, yeah.

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7888 on: September 08, 2010, 04:34:07 pm »

You got that here, right? I think Vriska spinning around is cooler.

Also, this is really making me want to play a Homestuck platforming game. Getting the rocket boots for the first time, and flying all over the place. Playing as Nepeta and wall jumping like crazy.

Ninteen45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7889 on: September 08, 2010, 04:42:30 pm »

I want a MSPA fighting game.

MSPA: Strife.
Max characters: 500; characters remaining: 395
Images in your signature must be no higher than 80 pixels.
Pages: 1 ... 524 525 [526] 527 528 ... 3524