Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 510 511 [512] 513 514 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5122668 times)

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA: There Could Be An Update RIGHT NOW
« Reply #7665 on: September 03, 2010, 11:33:17 pm »

No matter what the kids could have thrown in their kernelsprites, their foes would be immensely powerful regardless.

They would have been immensely powerful, but as the Trolls' game shows, Jack wouldn't have gone on his inter-planetary murder spree quite as fast.  He was driven mad by the stupid costumes he had to wear, and apparently goes on to trash the game so completely that it winds up breaking other games.  Maybe.  Gonna find out soon I guess.

For reference, Hussie has hinted in his Q&A threads that he intends for Homestuck to have seven acts.  Length is variable of course (he says he planned for the Troll intermission to take about half as much time), but I wouldn't be surprised if he tries to wrap it up in line with next April.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7666 on: September 03, 2010, 11:37:07 pm »

I just read Problem Sleuth.

Good story. I found it funny that the final boss battle started around halfway through the comic, chapter-wise.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #7667 on: September 03, 2010, 11:38:51 pm »

I figured there wasn't anything major orchestrating Jack/Sovereign Slayer, it was just a fluke of the butterfly effect.
Shoes...

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
« Reply #7668 on: September 04, 2010, 12:33:49 am »

PS doesn't get enough love. I really do enjoy it.

Still, I hope trollflash comes out soon. And that it promiently features HeRo MoDe GaMzEe
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #7669 on: September 04, 2010, 05:48:46 am »

Problem Sleuth was enjoyable (I remember first finding the MSPA site when it was half over, thanks VGCats!) but it doesn't have the depths and characters that Homestuck has.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7670 on: September 04, 2010, 05:54:23 am »

(I remember first finding the MSPA site when it was half over, thanks VGCats!)

Ditto.  And yeah, while Problem Sleuth was a lot of fun, the characters were essentially only as developed as the situation demanded.  While there is something respectable in crafting a character from only their responses and actions, it's not as much fun to churn through a page-a-day.  Not to mention the mounting aggravation of watching half the comic's run turn into fighting Demon Mobster Kingpin, constantly lengthened by one bullshit contrivance after another, even if the mechanics themselves were fun to conceptualize.

Also, some Homestuck prediction I just found: Hivebent started on June 12th.  Six months and twelve days later will be December 24th.
CG: shit. lets be santa
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA: The sound argument
« Reply #7671 on: September 04, 2010, 06:16:09 am »

Spoiler: much maundering (click to show/hide)
Because really, since they know what the prototypings do now, I don't think they'll intentionally supercharge the BBEG.

Yeah, but it's Jade.  Even when awake, she's bonkers and lacking in that whole consequences-of-actions sense.
Prototype Jack.
I actually am really enjoying the troll arc.
It is also world-building in that you find out things about how SGRUB and [probably] SBURB, or rather, how the system of...um...everything? works.
but I'd enjoy them much more if we were learning about the world the kids have plunged headlong into.
It's there.

Spoiler: more maunderings (click to show/hide)

FEFERI/NEPETA

Why do shippers only pair?
My impression is, they type with their quirks naturally, but typing "normally" requires a concerted effort, like enunciating without an accent.
Those who paid attention to me with any regularity will see something here.

Poll on a moving reference frame = bleh.

Also, were all the SBaHJ comics uploaded at the same time? 
No.
but as long as there's grist, nobody in this game is going to starve.
And as long as there's SBaHJ, there's infinite grist. Artifact grist anyway. I'm sure things exist in most grists for negative-cost stuff.

6.  Nepeta
. Feferi
. Eridan
2.  Terezi
4.  Gamzee
5.  Tavros
. Equius
7.  Sollux
8.  Kanaya
.  Aradia
3.  Vriska
1.  Karkat
I would hope so, I mean hasn't he heard of buffer comics and stuff?  Jeez.

I know, right? Releasing updates when he finishes them so we don't have to wait, what a dick.
It kills the suggestion box idea.

Warning - while you were typing 73 new replies have been posted. You may wish to review your post.
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #7672 on: September 04, 2010, 06:28:28 am »

That just means you have more reaction posting to do!

How would having three genders work CobaltKobold?

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7673 on: September 04, 2010, 06:30:06 am »

T_T
I feel so left behind, my brain hurts when I try to red the Trolls Pesterlog...
I have no ability to read any form of the mutilation of the English text that these trolls do, I struggled when it was the kids talking to the trolls but it is just one big blur of letters for me when its Troll to Troll...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7674 on: September 04, 2010, 06:32:20 am »

I'll admit, Hussie is a bit of a douchebag when it comes to those troll logs. I mean, English is my native tongue and I have trouble reading them sometimes, but placing that same text in front of someone who only tentatively has English as a second language, it might as well just be gibberish.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7675 on: September 04, 2010, 06:33:22 am »

Has anyone ever Translated it???
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7676 on: September 04, 2010, 06:45:12 am »

I'll admit, Hussie is a bit of a douchebag when it comes to those troll logs. I mean, English is my native tongue and I have trouble reading them sometimes, but placing that same text in front of someone who only tentatively has English as a second language, it might as well just be gibberish.

What exactly do you propose he do, rewrite the troll-logs in Esperanto?  That it might be difficult to read for someone who doesn't understand English well anyway is kind of a ridiculous standard to hold a webcomic to, unless you're going to hold that to the entire body of English-language literature.  Besides, it's much more a symbol-grasping issue than language; plenty of people can read them just fine.

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #7677 on: September 04, 2010, 06:47:20 am »

Has anyone ever Translated it???

I could.

I'm not going to anytime soon, I don't have that much time on my hands right now, but I could.

What exactly do you propose he do, rewrite the troll-logs in Esperanto?  That it might be difficult to read for someone who doesn't understand English well anyway is kind of a ridiculous standard to hold a webcomic to, unless you're going to hold that to the entire body of English-language literature.  Besides, it's much more a symbol-grasping issue than language; plenty of people can read them just fine.

I think what he is suggesting is that we turn the troll's quirks into plain English.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7678 on: September 04, 2010, 06:50:59 am »

Some of it I can understand, but when it becomes very jumbled with the letter and numbers and symbols making letters/numbers and then numbers/letters making symbols and AGGHH!!!!!!!!! Even that hurts my brain, a headache is coming, I can feel it...

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7679 on: September 04, 2010, 07:24:53 am »

They replace the old FAQ, but it basically used to say no slash. :P Of course Hussie's really brought it on himself now.

Like Hussie said, originally the kids were going to be ten years old, when he put up the original test-flash intro on April 10th.  He changed his mind about the flash and started over on April 13th, making the kids thirteen years old.  He only realized later that this gave them just enough leeway for the shipping to begin.  Like most things, he considered any retardation it spawned as good as any other publicity.

Also consider this: At what point did Nepeta's shipping wall and the ridiculous troll romance stop mocking the shipping community and become a celebration of it?

How can someone have trouble with the troll logs? Are you reading this on a braille screen? A text-to-speech application? 1T R34LLY SHOULDNT B3 4 PROBL3M TO R34D MOST OF TH3M. >:]
D --> The words are quite 100cid
:33 < They make purrfect sense!
the text is 0k 0_0
iit ii2 2iilly. at wor2t you ju2t have two mentally 2ub2tiitute a 2ymbol for a 2iimiilar lookiing 2ymbol.
Or IGNOR--E some characters GLUB GLUB! 3:D
oR iGnOrE tHe MoThErFuCkInG cAsE. :o)
oR, uHHH, sOME VERBAL TICS,
how can you havve problems wwith somethin as simple as that?
Strange Typing Styles Also Have The Benefit Of Giving Each Troll An Unique Voice
And personal8y!!!!!!!! You should quit your 8itching! ::::)
ASSHOLE.
Pages: 1 ... 510 511 [512] 513 514 ... 3524