Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 498 499 [500] 501 502 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5122707 times)

MagmaDeath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA: Your Love Could Be Explained With Memos
« Reply #7485 on: September 02, 2010, 12:55:42 am »

1.Sollux
2.Equius
3.Gamzee
4.Eridan
5.Vriska
6.Tavros
7.Aradia
8.Nepeta
9.Karkat
10.Terezi
11.Kanya
12. Feferi
Knowledge=Power=Energy=Matter=Mass.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7486 on: September 02, 2010, 12:59:29 am »

I'm glad that you're all recording these for posterity, because then you can compare with yourself a hundred pages down the line.

Anyway, crazy theory: Lord English is summoned at the death of the universe, but due to stable time loops and time apparently being so malleable that you can access it non-linearly, he's already been born and is already here. However, where is he? Why isn't he fucking everyone's shit up?

I'm thinking that Sburb is actually meant to contain Lord English, as opposed to acting as part of his grand plan. While Sburb has seemingly gone on for many iterations, there doesn't seem to be any evidence of any players outside of the kids and the trolls, and I'm thinking this is a point of notable mindfuckery. You see, I'm speculating that there AREN'T any players outside the kids and trolls, that the two worlds are being used by Sburb to fulfill an ulterior motive.

What I'm getting at is, Earth and Alternia are connected via stable time loop, once the kid's supposedly lose their game, Alternia ends up getting created, the trolls lose, and then time loops back around and creates Earth again, where the loop repeats. In this sense, Alternia and Earth are in eachother's past and future, and that this is exactly what Sburb was originally created for. With the entire universe trapped in a stable (unstable?) time loop, the universe will never die, and if it never dies, then Lord English remains trapped forever, which is why he hasn't made his appearance yet.

There's a reason the game seems impossible to win, and that's because that's how it was intended to be, because winning the game would mean jeopardizing the time loop, thereby allowing the conditions that summon Lord English.

Then the only question would be who created Sburb/Sgrub in the first place, which I think might be related to the frog temples somehow.

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7487 on: September 02, 2010, 01:18:07 am »

Anyway, crazy theory: Lord English is summoned at the death of the universe, but due to stable time loops and time apparently being so malleable that you can access it non-linearly, he's already been born and is already here.

This much at least isn't crazy theory, it's stated canon.

As for the rest, it actually fits fairly well, but for one thing I'm not quite sure about; Stitch, in the Intermission was working on LE's spare Cairo Overcoat here. The way it was worded makes me think LE has been seen in person by at least Stitch. As such, he's already free, rather than trapped.
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7488 on: September 02, 2010, 01:27:30 am »

Anyway, crazy theory: Lord English is summoned at the death of the universe, but due to stable time loops and time apparently being so malleable that you can access it non-linearly, he's already been born and is already here.

This much at least isn't crazy theory, it's stated canon.

You see, how I group my thoughts is that I collect the facts first, and then the speculation.

But yeah, I forgot about Stitch, but that begs the question of how Stitch and the rest of the Felt, with their time travel and reality warping powers, came to be in the first place, and why they're green, a color not found in any other creature.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #7489 on: September 02, 2010, 01:37:42 am »

They're agents of Lord English, which means he's probably responsible for their powers and existence.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7490 on: September 02, 2010, 02:41:19 am »

I don't actively dislike any of the trolls, but I think my order of favoritness would be something like:

1. Terezi
2. Equius
3. Karkat
4. Nepeta
5. Vriska
6. Sollux
7. Eridan
8. Kanaya
9. Gamzee
10.Tavros
11.Aradia
12.Feferi

I like Equius and there's nothing you can do about it. :P He loves being STRONG. He can punch the head off an ogre. It took him like three minutes to find the gate to Aradia. He builds awesome robots and destroys them in cage matches. And really cares for Nepeta. I can see how the horse dicks and the control issues and the troll nazism might put some people off, but I think he's badass.

I kind of like Vriska as well, because she's kind of pitiful under her shell of hatred and manipulation. She's actually really rubbish at manipulation except for the mind control. She builds doomsday devices that don't work. She's constantly stepping on the four-sided dice she leaves lying around, but refuses to even acknowledge that cleaning up might help. She can't even understand Kanaya trying to help her. I can see how the mass murder and crippling her friends might put some people off, but I think she's a really interesting character if not a nice person.

I see a lot of people put Feferi near the bottom. Probably the lack of screentime. She's had like two pesterlogs total.

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7491 on: September 02, 2010, 02:47:20 am »

I am so disapointed terezi is not licking her dragon right now.

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7492 on: September 02, 2010, 02:53:19 am »

Alright, I'll bite.

1. Equius
2. Terezi
3. Tavros
4. Nepeta
5. Gamzee
6. Karkat
7. Vriska
8. Aradia
9. Kanaya
10. Eridan
11. Feferi
12. Sollux

I know Equius is a total freak and a giant douche, but that's what makes him so entertaining to watch. I've laughed harder at Equius than any other troll, hands down. Also, the robotic tonsil-hockey scene was one of my favourite non-flash updates in the entire story. Don't ask me why, I have a feeling I'd rather not investigate that too closely.

And on the other hand, Sollux is a whiny sissy whos only redeeming quality is shooting lasers out of his eyes.

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7493 on: September 02, 2010, 02:56:20 am »

I'm sure Terezi and her dragon licked each other earlier. The dragon tastes like ice cream.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7494 on: September 02, 2010, 03:02:04 am »

Sollux is a goddamned hero who hates himself because he can't save his friends from doom.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #7495 on: September 02, 2010, 03:04:24 am »

Sollux is a goddamned hero whose first thought upon being hit by the Glub was "Shit, I gotta get Feferi in." And he did so while his brain was leaking out of his tear ducts.
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7496 on: September 02, 2010, 03:15:13 am »

Doing something remotely proactive before you die doesn't make you a hero. Besides, he got better. He's also responsible for creating a program to kill all the lusii (DICK MOVE), copying a program that summons an indestructible time demon, and generally being a goddamn whiner. Oh, and he killed his girlfriend. Mind control or not, total dick move.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #7497 on: September 02, 2010, 03:16:10 am »

Actually, that was technically Aradia's fault, which is why she's at the top of my list.

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7498 on: September 02, 2010, 03:28:27 am »

I think some of his computer tricks are pretty cool too. Like when he messaged the ancient, nigh-omniscient agent of Lord English who lives on the moon and does not use chat programs or own a computer.

Staying behind and helping your friend to the medium while your eyes are bleeding sounds kind of heroic to me. And you cannot seriously be blaming him for Aradia's death. He was MIND-CONTROLLED. That's like saying you don't like Tavros because he stupidly jumps off a cliff for no reason, causing no end of problems to his friends who have to put up with his paralysis. Poor Vriska, having to server a boring cripple who doesn't even have the decency to apologise.

Oh, and people were sharing more fan art earlier. Is it too late to jump on that bandwagon?

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #7499 on: September 02, 2010, 03:31:37 am »

Oh man, that first one is one of my favorite Hark! A Vagrant! strips. Awesomeness.
Pages: 1 ... 498 499 [500] 501 502 ... 3524