Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 481 482 [483] 484 485 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5123762 times)

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA: Your Love Could Be Explained With Memos
« Reply #7230 on: August 30, 2010, 02:35:27 am »

I'm getting a major Lord of the Rings vibe going on here.

There's also the fact that Kids-Game Jack sliced off the Black Queen's finger much like Isildur (sp?) and Sauron, with a half-broken sword no less (the swords looking the same is intentional, I thought, especially seeing as it was called the Royal Deringer)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #7231 on: August 30, 2010, 02:36:53 am »

I'm getting a major Lord of the Rings vibe going on here.

There's also the fact that Kids-Game Jack sliced off the Black Queen's finger much like Isildur (sp?) and Sauron, with a half-broken sword no less (the swords looking the same is intentional, I thought, especially seeing as it was called the Royal Deringer)

Oh yeah, haha never noticed that.

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
« Reply #7232 on: August 30, 2010, 03:16:58 am »

That makes a lot of sense you know.

She wants Jack Noir to not get the ring, so that he doesn't get corrupted into power like the kids jack did, and go on a complete murdering spree!

Or perhaps something more sinister, and knowing that the kids jack wouldn't rebel, told them to destroy it so that there would be no hope of fighting back with that huge power against lord English?
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7233 on: August 30, 2010, 05:44:35 am »

Wow, damn, Snow's fortress is the coolest yet, and the post-apocalypse Alternia looks plain awesome.

Also, it seems her hideout isn't too far away from where Aradia sliced off the Temple Frog Head, and is within walking distance of the other exiles. Perhaps they've already begun collaborating?

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #7234 on: August 30, 2010, 05:47:22 am »

Isn't her fort the same shape as the head of Tavros' guardian thing?
The proper name escapes me.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #7235 on: August 30, 2010, 05:49:48 am »

Kanaya's guardian, Mother Grub.

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7236 on: August 30, 2010, 06:35:13 am »

I think her stated goal of vengeance is the correct one. Destroy the ring so Jack can't get it. Exile him so he suffers. Also tear his arm off and leave him to starve to death in a vault.

I can't see any civilization. Jack was supposed to start some. Is this an alternate timeline where he HASN'T been exiled? Earlier in the timeline where that hasn't happened yet? Well, since this seems to be where Kanaya used to live, which has ALWAYS been a desert, I guess this could just be a remote location. Also, it seems that the tunnel that leads up from Snowman's console emerges sideways from the mother grub skull. Nice gravity trick, Sgrub.

IDE/THEORY: The black things wandering the desert are common alternian household appliances that went feral.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #7237 on: August 30, 2010, 06:40:13 am »

I can't see any civilization. Jack was supposed to start some. Is this an alternate timeline where he HASN'T been exiled? Earlier in the timeline where that hasn't happened yet? Well, since this seems to be where Kanaya used to live, which has ALWAYS been a desert, I guess this could just be a remote location.

They're in the timeline where the Midnight Crew and the Felt are all dead except for Spades and Snowman, and I think from the intermission, all of Spades' civilization has been razed as well.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #7238 on: August 30, 2010, 07:20:32 am »

I was under the impression that this was still the regular timeline. Looks to me that Snowman's at a point in time not too long after Alternia fell; the Spades Slick intermission with an actual civilization and city seemed pretty far into the exiles' future.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #7239 on: August 30, 2010, 07:23:13 am »

Yeah, but Spades at least is controlling Karkat from the point directly at the end of the intermission. It would at least explain the desert.

On the other hand, the other members of the Crew are alive...
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7240 on: August 30, 2010, 07:35:32 am »

@Akigagak.

"Tinkerbull?"
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #7241 on: August 30, 2010, 07:40:30 am »

Yeah, that's it's name. What I'd forgotten was how to spell luscii(sp?)
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #7242 on: August 30, 2010, 07:53:52 am »

Yeah, that's it's name. What I'd forgotten was how to spell luscii(sp?)

Lusii. From latin Lusus, meaning Freak.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7243 on: August 30, 2010, 07:54:29 am »

HOOOOLD ON NOW!  Are we establishing that the aesthetic qualities of the exiles hideouts are influenced by the prototypes the player's sprites had? Because I certainly remember one of them being a spider (Vriska's Lusii?) and another being an egg (Dave's crow?).

I can't remember the others off the top of my head though.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #7244 on: August 30, 2010, 08:01:44 am »

Well, the ones I can remember;

BQ/Snowman - Fort looks like the head(s) of Tinkerbull and Mother Grub.
CD - Spindly-Six-Legged thing. Possibly Vriska's, though I don't think it counts. Did any of the other Lusii have insect legs?
WV - Apple.
WQ - An egg.
Pages: 1 ... 481 482 [483] 484 485 ... 3524