Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 464 465 [466] 467 468 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5127135 times)

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA: Trolls, Taste the Double Rainbow
« Reply #6975 on: August 28, 2010, 04:42:58 am »

No, the Dark Gods of the Dersian Sky have the server, man. Rose just ripped it clear of the fabric of time and space; they're the ones hosting it.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #6976 on: August 28, 2010, 05:16:23 am »

That's not the point.

If it was available through all times and spaces, then Rose would have noticed it was there. If it wasn't, then there aren't any problems.

If Rose can upload it but not notice it, that would be pretty damn convenient, wouldn't it be? That would rely on Rose being momentarily stupid long enough for the plot to work and not notice something she otherwise would. In other words, an unsatisfactory explanation.

Any explanation dealing with the Dark Gods denying Rose access I also find unsatisfactory, because it would be an instance of the Dark Gods arbitrarily withholding knowledge from Rose or preventing her from doing something when there's no clear precedent that that's the case.

Either the narrator was being misleading or not entirely forthcoming when he said that Earth was a planet that does not exist yet and the kids' session actually happened first, or the trolls' session came first and there are lots of plot holes.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #6977 on: August 28, 2010, 05:19:41 am »

Any explanation dealing with the Dark Gods denying Rose access I also find unsatisfactory, because it would be an instance of the Dark Gods arbitrarily withholding knowledge from Rose or preventing her from doing something when there's no clear precedent that that's the case.

Hmmm... did they explain about the genetic code in Rose's diary, or did they just tell her to burn it? Lemme go and check. Because if it's the latter, then there is a precedent.

Yeah, they explained it. So this is an official plot hole.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2010, 05:31:41 am by Josephus »
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #6978 on: August 28, 2010, 05:33:40 am »

ANDREW GET THE WET CONCRETE

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6979 on: August 28, 2010, 05:37:11 am »

And that is how we know that the timeline isn't linear! :D

With all these double Moebius reacharounds, it doesn't really matter whether the incipisphere instances are in sync with the real world. You're still up to your ears in weird time shit.

Also, Rose didn't really upload her walkthrough. She entrusted it to the Dark Gods of the Furthest Ring, who presumably did something to make it available to Kanaya. Maybe Rose just never found her own walkthrouh, because it was on a server outside time and space rather than on Gamefaqs. And by the time she made the needlewands and gained access to magic, she'd already written it.

Also, not noticing something you're uploading is also a problem with the time bulletin board. You can see what you will write in the future, and you can see what you've written in the past. What happens when you actually write it? Can you actually see your communiques WHILE you're writing them? Are you just copying what's already there like some blue nuclear wizard? Or is it that time messages are not visible while you're writing them, only after and before the fact? There's a reason it's called "paradox space".

Myroc

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurking Skeleton
    • View Profile
« Reply #6980 on: August 28, 2010, 05:52:23 am »

I think we just reached a new record in how little sense this thing does.
We all have problems. Some people just have more awesome problems than others.
Getting angry is fun. Getting angry over petty things even better.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6981 on: August 28, 2010, 05:58:19 am »

Of all the stable time loops that have been discussed thus far, THIS is the one that crosses the line for you? I'm still tripped up over the Lil' Cal paradox.

Ninteen45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6982 on: August 28, 2010, 06:03:43 am »

Heh, I guess when you try to get away from something, you look over every pixel for reasons to leave.
Max characters: 500; characters remaining: 395
Images in your signature must be no higher than 80 pixels.

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6983 on: August 28, 2010, 08:17:28 am »

Wait, how did Equius even get notified by Karkat updating the memo if they already exist on the board? Why is there a notification when they're updated? Or are the notifications there to facilitate the responses to other bulletins? Equius only responded to Karkat's first bulleting because he skimmed through it when he decided he couldn't be bothered to look at the most recent one.

Oh man, I love the Lil' Cal Paradox! It's the best paradox ever. You know, I think Dave waking up in the Bad Future was partially because Calsprite was harassing him. :)

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #6984 on: August 28, 2010, 08:58:45 am »

That was some of the funniest shit I've ever seen. Karkat just owned Equius man  :D
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Azzuro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6985 on: August 28, 2010, 09:22:58 am »

I don't get this. Has Karkat banned himself for all eternity from his own board, given that he (presumably) can't unban himself in the future? Why are there two versions of CG on the timeline? Does this mean that the trolls can retroactively change their past actions, through messaging their past selves? Is the timeline display from Equius' point of view, with the trolls labeled as past, current and future depending on his temporal position?

Also, regarding the whole Rose and her walkthrough paradox, the Dark Gods could have simply copied it onto an alternate server which Rose couldn't access, but Kanaya and Sollux could.

United Forenia Forever!

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #6986 on: August 28, 2010, 09:25:30 am »

Apparently it's a function of Trollian, allowing the trolls to troll each other or access the message board from or to any point in the timeline, which is apparently a horrendous idea.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6987 on: August 28, 2010, 09:27:07 am »

a horrendous idea.
Welcome to the Troll species.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Ninteen45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6988 on: August 28, 2010, 09:47:18 am »

PCG banned FCG, so now he'll never be able to look into the past. CCG will probbly ban PCG, explaining why he can't see the future.

PCG: IN FACT, I DON'T EVEN NEED TO ASSUME.
PCG: I BROWSED THROUGH THIS WHOLE BULLETIN IN ADVANCE, AND IT DOES APPEAR TO BE THE CASE. GO ME.
PCG: IN FACT, SINCE I'VE SEEN WHAT I WILL WRITE IN THE FUTURE, I WONDER WHAT IMPETUS I WILL HAVE FOR WRITING IT LATER WHEN I'M SUPPOSED TO?

As such, Terezi will never see what WILL happen and CCT can't talk. Also, first memo. This will get confusingly fun quickly, and might explain the shit we missed.
Max characters: 500; characters remaining: 395
Images in your signature must be no higher than 80 pixels.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #6989 on: August 28, 2010, 09:49:11 am »

As such, Terezi will never see what WILL happen and CCT can't talk. Also, first memo. This will get confusingly fun quickly, and might explain the shit we missed.

Hehehe

That's because she can't.

Also it explains why Karkat trolls John backwards in a linear fashion.
Pages: 1 ... 464 465 [466] 467 468 ... 3524