Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 447 448 [449] 450 451 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5123987 times)

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA: Trolls, Taste the Double Rainbow
« Reply #6720 on: August 26, 2010, 09:31:21 am »

Actually, I think the exposition dump labeled Jack Noir and the Black Queen as kismesis from a troll's point of view. I don't think romance of any sort or variety exists in Derse or Prospit cultures.
Quote from: Romance exposition dump
For instance, human players would never be able to adequately diagnose the relationship between the queen and her archagent. But troll players could immediately place it as a dead ringer for kismesissitude. They would think we were all pretty stupid for not getting it. And they would be right.
1) Humans can't understand the relationship between SS and BQ
2) Trolls instantly recognize it as kismesissitude
3) Trolls think humans are pretty stupid for not getting it
4) Trolls are right, humans are stupid

Now, the narrator voice does not actually state that they are kismeses, but it is VERY STRONGLY IMPLIED.
I dunno, this list seems to be more of what you are saying based off of what you remember Andrew saying. Unless #4 was supposed to be a joke, in which case WHOOPS ACCIDENTAL INTERNET FORUM DRAMA.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6721 on: August 26, 2010, 10:38:22 am »

For instance, human players would never be able to adequately diagnose the relationship between the queen and her archagent. But troll players could immediately place it as a dead ringer for kismesissitude. They would think we were all pretty stupid for not getting it. And they would be right.

Now, the narrator voice does not actually state that they are kismeses, but it is VERY STRONGLY IMPLIED.
I dunno, this list seems to be more of what you are saying based off of what you remember Andrew saying. Unless #4 was supposed to be a joke, in which case WHOOPS ACCIDENTAL INTERNET FORUM DRAMA.
Really? Because I was pretty much just rephrasing what Andrew said in the paragraph of romance exposition dump I quoted. I did mention that it was a quote, right? Wait, are you joking? I can't tell with no smiley faces to give direction. Anyway, here's the same quote, with the list I wrote shuffled in it. And added bonus commentary. At this rate, I'll have nothing left for the DVD release of this thread.
For instance, human players would never be able to adequately diagnose the relationship between the queen and her archagent.
There really aren't many ways this can be interpreted. Humans, FOR REASONS AS YET UNSPECIFIED, cannot grasp the true form of the hate between the Black Queen and archagent Jack Noir.

But troll players could immediately place it as a dead ringer for kismesissitude.
Trolls, however, have something humans lack. They instantly diagnose the relationship as one of KISMESISSITUDE, a form of troll romance. Could this be why humans got it wrong? They cannot understand the relationship because they lack the concept of kismesissitude, with the implication that trolls are correct about this? It is ultimately left unstated, shrouded in mystery, only implied rather than exposed.

They would think we were all pretty stupid for not getting it.
The trolls look down on humans and their SIMPLE, LINEAR ROMANCE. The humans just don't understand the subtle emotions of bilateral hatred at play here.

And they would be right.
The narrator agrees with the trolls' assessment human mental capacity, further implying that the trolls were correct about the relationship between the queen and the agent. Of course, the "they would be right" could also refer to trolls' relationship diagnosis itself.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #6722 on: August 26, 2010, 10:53:12 am »

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6723 on: August 26, 2010, 10:59:52 am »

Considering the pretentiousness of the narrator, I don't think we can take Troll Andrew as a valid source of everything. Hell, I'm betting this whole discussion is just a result of Andrew trying to not-troll us. Kinda.

Still, none of those reasons seem solid enough to warrant Foe Yay between the two characters. They all bank on Troll Andrew being either sane enough to tell the truth the whole time or is humble enough to admit that humans can understand the relationship.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6724 on: August 26, 2010, 11:23:30 am »

Well, I admit that not taking everything Troll Andrew says at face value is an ENTIRELY REASONABLE reading strategy. :P

I'm still going to ship them, though. For what it's worth. I don't think they're even capable of reproduction. The Queen was spawned by Sburb and Jack grew in a vat on the Veil.

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #6725 on: August 26, 2010, 12:41:51 pm »

e.e

It's a friggin' comic. Not only that, a blatantly satirical one.

MSPA IZ NOT SRS BZNZ.

That is all.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #6726 on: August 26, 2010, 01:51:08 pm »

Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #6727 on: August 26, 2010, 02:15:31 pm »

Trolls are Alien.

And so is their culture.

Why can't people get that? Your assumptions do not apply. The troll relationships are NOT other names for things humans have, they are different from anything we could imagine. Likewise, there is no reason what so ever to believe trolls mature at all at the same speed or order that humans do, considering they have pupas and so on it seems far more likely that they emerge from those physically adult. Insert responses to all the other stuff people said that was based of baseless assumptions that apply only to humans here.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6728 on: August 26, 2010, 02:18:27 pm »

The troll relationships are NOT other names for things humans have, they are different from anything we could imagine.

What makes you think this?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6729 on: August 26, 2010, 02:19:59 pm »

The troll relationships are NOT other names for things humans have, they are different from anything we could imagine.
What makes you think this?
And considering a human thought them up, it's not too far to say the trolls are just pretentious and Troll Hussie does a good job of reflecting that.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6730 on: August 26, 2010, 02:23:11 pm »

I was going to say: lying narrators out the ass, man.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6731 on: August 26, 2010, 02:28:08 pm »

e.e

It's a friggin' comic. Not only that, a blatantly satirical one.

MSPA IZ NOT SRS BZNZ.

That is all.
Serious business?

Serious business?

I am not taking this seriously, okay?
I AM NOT TAKING THIS FUCKING SERIOUSLY! FUCK YOU! AND TYPE YOUR WORDS OUT PROPERLY YOU ILLITERATE TROLL! IF I EVER SEE YOU ON WIKIPEDIA, I'M GOING TO REVERT EVERYTHING YOU TYPE! D:<

On a more serious note, oh my troll Jegus this has to be the best thing ever.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #6733 on: August 26, 2010, 03:08:17 pm »

SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6734 on: August 26, 2010, 03:29:34 pm »

Trolls are Alien.
Actually, they aren't. At least, not mentally. Sure, they are very different from humans in many ways... but that doesn't change the fact that they act human in every way. Their relationships can be explained perfectly well with nothing but human terms.

Yes, you can't apply human logic to a completely alien mind... but the trolls minds are suspiciously human to begin with. Whether this will be a plot point later or will simply be ignored(like so many other far-too-human "aliens") is yet to be seen. My money's on plot point though.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.
Pages: 1 ... 447 448 [449] 450 451 ... 3524