Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 436 437 [438] 439 440 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5126623 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA: Andrew is F**king Screwing With Us Man
« Reply #6555 on: August 23, 2010, 12:54:09 am »

Placing bet: Sollux will be made into a comatose meat puppet that is psychically controlled by one of the other trolls.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6556 on: August 23, 2010, 01:15:06 am »

Didn't Sollux say he would have to die twice in one of his boring faux-prophetic rants? And he's still alive after it all goes down. So I'm saying 3 lives.
I'm guessing the second death will just be his dream self, like all the other trolls. The question is, how will his normal self survive? Gamzee's money is on MiRaClEs apparently.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Ninteen45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6557 on: August 23, 2010, 01:22:27 am »

The answer is in the name of "DREAM SELF". He's unconscious, but alive after Feferei's kiss.
Max characters: 500; characters remaining: 395
Images in your signature must be no higher than 80 pixels.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #6558 on: August 23, 2010, 01:25:43 am »

The dreamself isn't what you're thinking it is, mayhap. We've already seen that ostensible "dream" selves are in fact physical and capable of existing in the "real" world (case in point: Dream Jade's stuffed corpse and Lil Cal, who is a dream being).

My guess is that he has 4 lives in total. a dreamself on prospit, one on derse, then outside dreamland he has a life for his manic side and one for his depressive side. Hopfully he was depressive when he died so he won't be completely useless for the rest of the arc.

I was under the impression that everyone only got one dreamself, and it was randomly placed on either Prospit or Derse.

It doesn't seem random. The ones with dark, repressed stuff seem to be Dersians, while the ones with happy-happy joy-joy seem to be Prospitians. Of course I'm basing that on the kids' experiences; Tavros and Terezi are both definitely Prospitian, while I believe Sollux is the first of the Dersian trolls we've seen.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6560 on: August 23, 2010, 03:54:45 am »

I guess this confirms that Sollux has two dreamselves. I'm also thinking that psychic powers are tied to dream selves, that Vriska was only able to control him because one of them hadn't woken up yet, and that the one on prospit was killed by Sollux dying in the real world and he will now lose his VISION TWOFOLD and his telekinesis. Which will probably lead to all kinds of trouble for him, since he no longer has a strife specibus.

Or maybe the VISION TWOFOLD referred to Skaian cloud visions.

Whether or not a dream self could live through someone dying in the real world is an interesting question indeed, but I'd say that a psychic shockwave caused by an elder god is exactly the thing that would kill both, if it is possible.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #6561 on: August 23, 2010, 04:04:59 am »

Dream Equius and Dream Eridan made my night.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #6562 on: August 23, 2010, 04:09:11 am »

Yeah this was pretty cool of Andrew.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6563 on: August 23, 2010, 04:14:49 am »

Oh goody, we finally get to see Vriska's mutant eyeball.  Yes, this is what I was missing.  I was like, aw yeah check that dress, and then awp there it goes.

Is it me, or do the outfits seem a little inconsistent in the pants vs skirts department?  Because Karkat totally looks like he's wearing a dress.

HEEYYY, why is Dream Terezi wearing sunglasses?  I know her Dragon embryo taught her to see by smells, but shouldn't her Dream Self still have eyes?  Unless... Unless whatever Vriska did to her blinded her dream-self.  Holy crap.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2010, 04:18:41 am by Aqizzar »
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6564 on: August 23, 2010, 04:17:47 am »

Wait. Waitwaitwait. Aradia has no dream self!?! :o

Also, I like Dream Vriska's vision eightfold.

Also also, they were divided according to team, mostly. Not surprising. The exceptions, Sollux and Aradia are interesting thought.

EDIT: I think Sollux is going to fly to Aradia's tower and we'll get some exposition regarding this.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2010, 04:20:04 am by Soadreqm »

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6565 on: August 23, 2010, 04:25:02 am »

Perhaps Aradia is her dream version of herself and thus undetectable on camera? Maybe?

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #6566 on: August 23, 2010, 04:44:32 am »

Dream Equius, egads.

Aradia is kinda dead, so she don't have a dream self.

And no Sollux didn't stole hers, he have two dream selves because he is that special.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #6567 on: August 23, 2010, 04:56:35 am »

Well, my theory just went to hell in a handbasket. The dream selves aren't based on psychological stability or whatever, otherwise Vriska wouldn't be a Prospitian.

HEEYYY, why is Dream Terezi wearing sunglasses?  I know her Dragon embryo taught her to see by smells, but shouldn't her Dream Self still have eyes?  Unless... Unless whatever Vriska did to her blinded her dream-self.  Holy crap.

Probably the Dream Selves and whatever's in their rooms are shaped by the real selves? No idea. Tavros never fully accepted the fact that he was wheelchair'd, so his Dreamself can walk. Terezi learned to live with her sightlessness, so her Dreamself is blind? Alternately, she just has spiffing taste in shades.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #6568 on: August 23, 2010, 05:22:06 am »

Maybe she just likes being blind? Maybe it's so ingrained into her psyche that she doesn't even really want her vision back.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6569 on: August 23, 2010, 05:23:04 am »

She did mention once that once she had seen the world like that there was no going back.
Pages: 1 ... 436 437 [438] 439 440 ... 3524