Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 422 423 [424] 425 426 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5123555 times)

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA: Water Trolls and Epicsplosions
« Reply #6345 on: August 21, 2010, 02:35:55 am »

The new Bluh didn't make me laugh this time. :(

I think Hussie is using them up entirely too fast.

The rate's been much quicker as well. It was like, a few months, then almost a year, then two weeks, then three days. I'm starting to get really sick of doing things for the sake of having already done them.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #6346 on: August 21, 2010, 02:36:54 am »

The new Bluh didn't make me laugh this time. :(

I think Hussie is using them up entirely too fast.
He knew that and did it differently this time, I was expecting no bluh at all actually.

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6347 on: August 21, 2010, 03:14:27 am »

Well well well, ain't that the darnedest thing...
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #6348 on: August 21, 2010, 03:19:12 am »

The kiss of life!!!

Okay, so he ain't dead for long.

Or it's his dreamself running around in the future.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #6349 on: August 21, 2010, 03:22:54 am »

Sollux is Sleeping Beauty.

I'm guessing this is a intermediary step in reviving himself, and that he won't just be switching places with his corpse. Maybe when his dream self falls asleep, his dead body will spring back to life.

This raises several interesting questions. Like why Terezi's dreamself is blind. And why Tavros can't just switch with his dreamself instead of getting his legs cut off. And then the most interesting question of all, Aradia's dreamself.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #6350 on: August 21, 2010, 03:25:56 am »

Or it's his dreamself running around in the future.

I'm thinking this. As far as we know, aside from the clothing and being able to fly, dreamselves are basically regular selves.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #6351 on: August 21, 2010, 03:30:13 am »

Yeah, he's probably just gonna get some new clothes soon. Although, this is a good chance to see what might have happened to Jade's mind when her dreamself died, since the opposite just happened to Sollux. I wonder how he'll react.

This raises several interesting questions. Like why Terezi's dreamself is blind. And why Tavros can't just switch with his dreamself instead of getting his legs cut off. And then the most interesting question of all, Aradia's dreamself.

Surely, by the time Tavros has his legs chopped off, the troll dreamselves are dead. He did mention that all of their dreamselves had died when he was talking to Jade.
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6352 on: August 21, 2010, 03:35:12 am »

Huh... I just rewatched the last flash animation, and I just got why Rose destroying her gate was important. Jack Noir had already gone after Dave on LOHAC but was stopped by Bro. However, he could have just gone back through the gates to kill her and John, since their guardians were elsewhere, but since the Gate was destroyed it stopped him from proceeding back through.

Interesting, too, that The Voices From Beyond told her to do that. I'm wondering what their endgame is... and by extension the endgame of Lrd English. Are they trying to continue helping the underdog, and keep a clear winner from emerging from the conflict? Seems like the forces of everything are geared against whatever side is currently winning.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #6353 on: August 21, 2010, 03:38:22 am »

Huh... I just rewatched the last flash animation, and I just got why Rose destroying her gate was important. Jack Noir had already gone after Dave on LOHAC but was stopped by Bro. However, he could have just gone back through the gates to kill her and John, since their guardians were elsewhere, but since the Gate was destroyed it stopped him from proceeding back through.

Interesting, too, that The Voices From Beyond told her to do that. I'm wondering what their endgame is... and by extension the endgame of Lrd English. Are they trying to continue helping the underdog, and keep a clear winner from emerging from the conflict? Seems like the forces of everything are geared against whatever side is currently winning.

The Noble Circle of HorrorTerrors were against the creation of Becquerel (they told Rose to burn her diaries to destroy the genetic sequence that would be used to create him), meaning that if Becquerel, being a First Guardian, is also an agent of Lord English, the HorrorTerrors are similarly opposed to Lord English. There are very many factions currently involved in this.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #6354 on: August 21, 2010, 03:38:42 am »

This development is full of holes.

Surely, by the time Tavros has his legs chopped off, the troll dreamselves are dead. He did mention that all of their dreamselves had died when he was talking to Jade.

So why can't he just swap clothes and positions with his dreamself before that point?

Is the Echeladder and item management system attached to his original self? Does he like his crippled body the way it is? Or something else?

Full of holes, I tells ya.

But the only reason Jack went to LOHAC in the first place was to justify the use of Atomyk Ebonpyre's melody in Descend.

I know, I know, I'm thinking meta.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #6355 on: August 21, 2010, 03:39:15 am »

baaaaaaaaaw

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #6356 on: August 21, 2010, 03:42:49 am »

But the only reason Jack went to LOHAC in the first place was to justify the use of Atomyk Ebonpyre's melody in Descend.

Man, Jack and Bro fought for exactly the same reason Dave and Bro fought. Because it would please us.

I'm curious about the dreamself Sollux myself as well. Dream John's room isn't filled with Sburb tools, but Dream Sollux has his alchemeiter sitting up in his Derse room. What is up with this, man.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #6357 on: August 21, 2010, 03:43:03 am »

Also to throw in a fight sequence, epicize Bro some more, and probably to have fun drawing a turntable battlefield! But I was under the impression Jack went to LOHAC to cause more rampant destruction (LOHAC having been arbitrarily chosen out of all four planets).

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #6358 on: August 21, 2010, 03:44:13 am »

Solifuge's guess is good, though. I imagine he would want to go after the kids. After all, he's not the Black King or Black Queen. He's not gonna sit on the throne and wait for them to come to him. I think he's going to actively hunt them down. He would have killed Dream John if not for the bunny, for example.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6359 on: August 21, 2010, 03:54:18 am »

Nah. Jack flew to the LOHAC. Rose destroyed her gate to spite the game, to prove that she was no longer playing by it's rules and was going as far off the rails as possible... and then before this could have epic results we switched to the trolls...
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.
Pages: 1 ... 422 423 [424] 425 426 ... 3524