Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 403 404 [405] 406 407 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5124591 times)

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA: Water Trolls and Epicsplosions
« Reply #6060 on: August 18, 2010, 08:03:54 pm »

Hrrm. Maybe the trolls and kids team up to fight lord English?
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #6061 on: August 18, 2010, 08:17:52 pm »

I love being strong.

Chutney

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6062 on: August 18, 2010, 09:00:49 pm »

WHAT IF THE MOEBIUS DOUBLE REACH AROUND VIRUS MADE COLONEL SASSACRE AND NANNA DIE
because the trolls know the kids and John knows Colonel Sassacre kinda so they are cursed! etc etc etc the effects of the virus should be showing itself in the kids universe  basically.

also, how come John gets two guardians? nanna and dad were both guardians for him (although iirc Nanna died when he hit Earth in the meteor)

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #6063 on: August 18, 2010, 09:11:05 pm »

Yeah, I'm pretty sure there's no real limit on Guardians. I imagine that Grandpa and Becquerel both counted as Jade's Guardians back when he (Grandpa) was still alive, despite Bec pulling double-duty as First Guardian as well, and I suppose other children all over Earth have standard, non-paradox slime Guardians.

I love being strong.

YES.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #6064 on: August 18, 2010, 09:13:20 pm »

I HATE BEING WEAK :'(
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Chutney

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6065 on: August 18, 2010, 09:13:31 pm »

No, I think the rest of the children on Earth have authentic Mother's and Father's, considering it was a pretty shocking revelation to John when he realized he created himself and his friends and their guardians instead of being born like normal people.

Wait WAIT, does this mean Karkat and his friends are not actually born from the Mother Grub incestuous slurry buckets? And probably their lusii as well?

Benevolence

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #6066 on: August 18, 2010, 09:15:01 pm »

That is presumably the case, yes. Unless the incestuous slurry gets involved in paradox cloning somehow.

Another update. Huzzah.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #6067 on: August 18, 2010, 09:16:14 pm »

No, I think the rest of the children on Earth have authentic Mother's and Father's, considering it was a pretty shocking revelation to John when he realized he created himself and his friends and their guardians instead of being born like normal people

Yeah, those authentic mothers and fathers are their Guardians. Possibly they also have superpowers, but nothing like the main characters' guardians do.

Think about it: the Kids' Guardians are made of awesome. John's Dad is super-strong, Dave's Bro is so cool, Jade's Grandpa is (was) a famous explorer-adventurer, and Rose's Mom is actually a super-secret mad-scientist, and also a drunk. It's like they're based on exactly how younger kids would perceive their elders, but the perception stuck.
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6068 on: August 18, 2010, 09:17:23 pm »

I don't think Grandpa Harley counts as a guardian. Dad, Mom, Bro, and Bec all show extreme power. Dad has extreme levels of mangrit, Mom has killed a giant being who's resourse output suggests it to be far beyond what the kids have encountered, Bro fought Jack Noir and lived, and Bec's power is godlike in its own right. Harley is just the most extreme hunter to have ever lived.

DAMNIT, SO NINJA'D.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 09:27:47 pm by MetalSlimeHunt »
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6069 on: August 18, 2010, 09:25:41 pm »

You got all the Ninja's , ALL OF THEM.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #6070 on: August 18, 2010, 09:31:58 pm »

Hrrm. Maybe the trolls and kids team up to fight lord English?

More like the Kids, the Trolls, and Jack Noir team up against TEAM ENGLISH (Lord English, Doc Scratch, Becquerel, and whatever iteration of the Felt he's using in this dimension).

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #6071 on: August 18, 2010, 09:59:35 pm »

What if Bec isn't Earth's First Guardian, and instead is created using that genetic code? 413 million != 4.6 billion.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6072 on: August 18, 2010, 10:04:56 pm »

No, but 413 million years ago is between the first land plants and the first mass exctinction event that marked the age of dinosaurs begining.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6073 on: August 18, 2010, 10:05:36 pm »

What if Bec isn't Earth's First Guardian, and instead is created using that genetic code? 413 million != 4.6 billion.

I think that's just Hussie fudging his physics a bit.  Every other hint about the "First Guardian" business is unusually clear.  I think most of the complications can be explained away by how the First Guardian is made of a combination of mystical DNA and some creature from the world in question, which determines how it thinks and acts.  Who knows what Doc Scratch was made of, but Bec was made of Halley the Dog.  Ergo, he's a little different, and deals with things the way an omnipotent dog would.

No, but 413 million years ago is between the first land plants and the first mass exctinction event that marked the age of dinosaurs begining.

Er, nooo.  That would be about 65million.  413million is more like the end of the Cambrian period.

I don't know when the latest update page was dibbled out, but I think it's actually pretty interesting.
Eridan: Heavy is the crown.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #6074 on: August 18, 2010, 10:09:16 pm »

The First Guardians are there to ensure a planet with sentient life fulfills its destiny (presumably, playing Sburb/Sgrub/Whatever), right?

So maybe thanks to Weird Time Shit, Bec managed to arrive on earth just as the first chances of truly sentient life was occurring. Yeah, sentient frogs for the win. The Frog Temple arriving at the end of the Cambrian cannot have been coincidence.
Pages: 1 ... 403 404 [405] 406 407 ... 3524