Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 401 402 [403] 404 405 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5123423 times)

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA: Water Trolls and Epicsplosions
« Reply #6030 on: August 18, 2010, 06:40:56 am »

From what we've seen, Grandpa is the best candidate for Norrification, because Bro is legitimately godlike, and Bec is a god, while Grandpa Harley is technically a regular guardian with a spiffing mustache, a taste for adventure, and the capability to decorate his wall with every creature known to God and man, and probably a few that are unknown. Ten to one says he's got a member of the Noble Circle among his hunting trophies.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6031 on: August 18, 2010, 06:52:22 am »

I find it interesting that the troll guardians are much weaker in comparison to the human ones, likely because they have to prototype them for some reason. Even the unveiling of Gl'bgolyb just shows how the kids guardians outclass well enough all the other troll guardians, And if Bec, Grandpa or Bro were to get into a fight with Gl'bgolyb I'm rather sure they would win.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #6032 on: August 18, 2010, 07:38:32 am »

Yeah. As I've said before, Dad and Mom, considering what they've taken down with their bare hands, are probably at least Equius-level in terms of strength (since Equius one-shotted a similar creature to Mom's). Grandpa has a gun that could probably wound the Devil. And Bro is... well, Bro is Bro. I wouldn't count Bec as a player's guardian though, since he's simply filling in for Grandpa since his death.

-------

Man, I was rereading the Sollux/Aradia Pesterlogs, and I became sad. For example, Sollux trying to make her laugh made me sad. Initially it seems like Dave-type snark, but I realized what he's trying to do and failing badly, which probably isn't a very good thing to feel on top of his manic-depressive bouts. And we also get a sarcastic confession of sheer self-loathing. And various other things. The Sollux/Aradia ship seems a little less likely from this log, but the part where Aradia tells him that she "actually would like it if [Sollux] were happy" seems to echo romantic dramas, where after a breakup or in the midst of a particularly involved love triangle, the (good at heart) boy tells the girl, or a friend, or his romantic rival, that he "just wants [girl] to be happy." so maybe they were together and broke up. Hence

TA: 2o iim 2orry, iit wa2 my fault.
AA: its 0k
TA: ii hope we are 2tiill friiend2.
AA: yes we are

Which, while referring to the current conflict, may also have a root in previous, unseen, TROLL DRAMA.

At any rate, if Aradia were <3 with Sollux, and if his sarcastic self-deprecation regarding why he likes talking to her is in fact a confession then I'm assuming the following:

• Aradia and Sollux were doing whatever passes for dating when it comes to trolls.
  • Sollux probably shows all his mad code22 to Aradia. Aradia, as she appears to bear a similar personality to Jade, probably showers him with positive reinforcement. Therefore he is happy.
  • Extreme Role-Playing Occurs. Tavros is injured. Aradia is killed shortly thereafter.
  • Sollux trolls Aradia (unaware, of course, that she is dead), only to find that her personality has changed. She doesn't really care much about whatever it is they used to talk about.
  • In a fit of wallowing in despair, he dumps her. But she's okay with that. She's okay with a lot of things, after all.
  • They are, at some point, reconciled much paler.
  • Events proceed up until HIVEBENT.
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6033 on: August 18, 2010, 07:58:40 am »

• Aradia and Sollux were doing whatever passes for dating when it comes to trolls.
  • Sollux probably shows all his mad code22 to Aradia. Aradia, as she appears to bear a similar personality to Jade, probably showers him with positive reinforcement. Therefore he is happy.
  • Extreme Role-Playing Occurs. Tavros is injured. Aradia is killed shortly thereafter.
  • Sollux trolls Aradia (unaware, of course, that she is dead), only to find that her personality has changed. She doesn't really care much about whatever it is they used to talk about.
  • In a fit of wallowing in despair, he dumps her. But she's okay with that. She's okay with a lot of things, after all.
  • They are, at some point, reconciled much paler.
  • Events proceed up until HIVEBENT.
No, that doesn't work. Sollux was the murder weapon, and even if he didn't have a clear recollection of the events of Aradia's death due to psychic nonsense, he still archived a Unix LAN through a secure socket layer to contact Doc Scratch, who seemed to omnisciently know that everyone thought Aradia dead. My guess is that Sollux' interpretation of the events is more or less "Vriska made me blow up Aradia's house and though she survived, she's been a bit weird ever since". Maybe he thinks she blames him? That'd be just in character for him.

What I'd like to know is whether Equius and/or Vriska knew Aradia was a ghost, or if they just built her a robot because she asked for one, not knowing why she needed it.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #6034 on: August 18, 2010, 08:03:34 am »

Hmm, possibly. In fact, I like that interpretation better. It makes it appear to be Sollux's fault that whatever they had went to shit, giving him more reason to hate himself.

What I'd like to know is whether Equius and/or Vriska knew Aradia was a ghost, or if they just built her a robot because she asked for one, not knowing why she needed it.

Vriska almost certainly knew, since she's fully aware that Aradia is dead ("I KILLED YOU!") and yet is still talking to her (not to mention the fact that, thanks to Aradia, she has had experience with ghosts). Equius possibly knew, but likely he just jumped at the chance to get Aradia out of her filthy red-blooded body and into a sleek, shiny, blue-blooded one.

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6035 on: August 18, 2010, 08:17:49 am »

Vriska almost certainly knew, since she's fully aware that Aradia is dead ("I KILLED YOU!") and yet is still talking to her (not to mention the fact that, thanks to Aradia, she has had experience with ghosts). Equius possibly knew, but likely he just jumped at the chance to get Aradia out of her filthy red-blooded body and into a sleek, shiny, blue-blooded one.
She said that? I forgot. Yeah, that clears that up. I'm guessing she probably told Equius.

Outcast Orange

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETIMES_SQUID]
    • View Profile
    • The Outcast Orange
« Reply #6036 on: August 18, 2010, 01:34:17 pm »

Is it possible that Bec is Grandpa's Lusus?
[7:53:55 PM] Armok, why did you demand that I don't eat you?
[7:54:34 PM] [Armok]: woooooo

Burried Houses - Platform Explorer Demo H - Cloud Scream

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6037 on: August 18, 2010, 01:40:07 pm »

Is it possible that Bec is Grandpa's Lusus?

Doubt it, plus since Bec is a god, I REALLY doubt he'll get prototyped as the result would be godlike enemies. Even the imps would be godlike.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #6038 on: August 18, 2010, 01:43:45 pm »

Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #6039 on: August 18, 2010, 03:35:55 pm »

Why won't anyone listen when I say that the Troll Skaia is gonna be a DOUBLE MOBIUS REACHAROUND?

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6040 on: August 18, 2010, 03:42:26 pm »

You know, I just remembered that Equius wants to practice archery. I hope somewhere in the story he manages to alchemize a bow strong enough to handle his absurd strength.

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6041 on: August 18, 2010, 04:07:33 pm »

Yeah, he'll probably create some legendary artifact bow that can blast the caps off mountains, and wield it to great effect. And it'll be awesome. Inter-continentalplanetary ballistic longbow.

Also, Snowman! Yay!
Spoiler: Yay! (click to show/hide)

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #6042 on: August 18, 2010, 04:39:24 pm »

I've gotta say, I like how you manage to imply Snowman's arm without explicitly drawing it out. It's a subtle effect, but a cool one.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6043 on: August 18, 2010, 06:22:42 pm »

http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=004364

CTHULHU!! Or at least one of the Elder Gods.

If we thought Vriska feeding her spidermom was bad, how about having to feed an Elder God or it will destroy the galaxy? No wonder Feferi is insane.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 06:24:41 pm by smjjames »

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #6044 on: August 18, 2010, 06:27:20 pm »

Oh god, the big thing is going to get prototyped. Shit's gonna get real.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.
Pages: 1 ... 401 402 [403] 404 405 ... 3524