Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 399 400 [401] 402 403 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5123025 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA: Water Trolls and Epicsplosions
« Reply #6000 on: August 17, 2010, 11:06:29 pm »

Given that the black queen and white queen and the respective kings have been there for eons, there is a possibility that at the very least, the Dersians and Prospitians don't age.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6001 on: August 17, 2010, 11:09:19 pm »

WV spent some amount of time on Future Earth, and didn't starve to death dispite being hungry enough to eat rotten pumpkins and uranium. So its fully possible that they don't age, if they don't have to eat.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6002 on: August 17, 2010, 11:26:43 pm »

Given that the black queen and white queen and the respective kings have been there for eons, there is a possibility that at the very least, the Dersians and Prospitians don't age.

I was under the impression that the kings/queens/Jacks aren't 'entities' but rather creations of the mechanics of Sburb/Sgrub, and are spawned when during each iteration of the game.

Dragooble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6003 on: August 17, 2010, 11:28:15 pm »

Age would count as an event organized by time.
So do they age or not?
A creature the size of europe can occupy only one tile.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #6004 on: August 18, 2010, 12:41:05 am »

I was under the impression that the kings/queens/Jacks aren't 'entities' but rather creations of the mechanics of Sburb/Sgrub, and are spawned when during each iteration of the game.

Yeah, and a big part of their role is to restart civilization on the planet that hosted that particular iteration of the game.

The thing is, note that Spades Slick and the rest of the crew have, presumably, been around long enough to create a new civilization on Alternia - probably one that no longer recognizes them as the creators. Note how the Felt Member with the voodoo doll (forgot his name) is entirely unaware that Spades Slick's existence is all that guarantees the existence of that civilization (or town, whatever). We could impute that to their being agents and creations of Lord English, or possibly the Midnight Crew has been around for so long that they're essentially just another gang in the background to other folks, who do not realize that they were and are the keystone.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Qmarx

• Bay Watcher
  • "?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6005 on: August 18, 2010, 12:46:06 am »

For jack we know it's probably less than 612 solar sweeps (so 1326 years), for WV it's definitely less than 413 years.

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6006 on: August 18, 2010, 12:52:32 am »

Well, the Dersians and Prospitians have existed there for all eternity, but before John showed up, Dersians and Prospitians were two chess kings chasing each other around a 3x3 board. And I think they've only existed there for all eternity for a few hours, the Medium having been created ex nihilo when John connected, complete with history. Just like the planets. And I don't think the troll adventure took long enough for them to age noticeably, even if the epic boss battle with Demonhead Black Kingpin did take about as long as everything before it. So, yeah, I don't see any evidence that they WOULDN'T age, although there isn't anything against that either.

I think that between Spidermom and Gl'bgolyb, the trolls are going to have quite a challenge with their game, despite several of them starting with the best possible weapons or strong enough to punch the head off a colossus. And I'm kind of worried about the normal people. Well, actually, most of them started when the game was still young and none of the really bad things had been prototyped yet. Karkat and Terezi had already been beating crab imps, dragon imps and centaur imps for a while before the giant statue frog imps appeared. And then had a chance to level grind on those before spider imps showed up. And I think Feferi was like the second to last player to enter.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #6007 on: August 18, 2010, 12:56:05 am »

Fortunately since they all contacted Jade and Karkat mentions all the babies, I'd doubt anyone but Aradia is dead during the kids' game.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6008 on: August 18, 2010, 01:00:02 am »

Each time the sprites are prototyped the chessboard gains an extra dimension, or complexity. In Johns world so far Skaia has been advanced three times, from a simple chess board to a planet. They have four total advancements for it.

the trolls have 12. Good god. Skaia must be a 13th dimensional hyperoctagonoid labyrinth tessellation.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6009 on: August 18, 2010, 01:04:39 am »

When Jade enters the medium, the kids version will probably become something like a hypercube, or otherwise some warped shape of spacetime.

With the kids and trolls combined, that would become 16 dimensions. But yea, we are going into theoretical physics here with multiple dimensions.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6010 on: August 18, 2010, 01:07:39 am »

What if instead of adding geometric dimension it adds tactical dimensions?
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6011 on: August 18, 2010, 01:10:54 am »

Well, theres air, land, sea, space (they seem to have the air, land, and space covered). How many tactical dimensions can you think of?

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6012 on: August 18, 2010, 01:12:57 am »

Alternate dimensions and time.

That being said, if we got that complex after 4 prototypes i have no idea what 12 tactical dimensions would do.

What if we are already a large amount of dimensions in?

Please note i have no idea what i am talking about.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 01:20:13 am by Realmfighter »
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6013 on: August 18, 2010, 01:20:42 am »

What if instead of adding geometric dimension it adds tactical dimensions?
That sounds like a pretty good assessment. The tiny chessboard turned into a larger chessboard, which turned into a cube, which turned into a planet with uneven terrain. I'm not sure if we will actually see Troll Skaia, but if we do, it'll probably look like a Mandelbrot fractal, calling back to Problem Sleuth.

Or possibly some kind of fractalline Escher-scape with subjective gravity and stairs everywhere. Stairs going up, stairs going down, stairs going sideways, stairs going through other stairs, and doors connecting arbitrary points in the infinitely large battlefield complex. Entire cities have been built inside the cyclopean hallways. They're going to have to use all their precognizance just to FIND the Black King. And someone will inevitably fall down an infinitely looping staircase.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #6014 on: August 18, 2010, 01:22:57 am »

It will be Tavros. You know it will.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (
Pages: 1 ... 399 400 [401] 402 403 ... 3524