Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 398 399 [400] 401 402 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5123308 times)

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA: Water Trolls and Epicsplosions
« Reply #5985 on: August 17, 2010, 10:22:05 pm »

Sollux coded the game... partially. So they know most of the rules already.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Chutney

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5986 on: August 17, 2010, 10:30:18 pm »

They will likely pose neither team much challenge at all. Unless one of the links in the prototyping chain includes something especially huge and monstrous, but really, what are the odds of that happening?

Now this is interesting. Is this implying he's played Sgrub before? I thought it was about their larping games but "prototyping" caught my eye, and I didn't remember that being a part of the larping stuff.
I interpreted that as being the narrator (Hussie) winking at us and kinda elbowing us a bit, like if you were a really bad poker player and were like "Well, looks like you guys win unless I have a Royal Flush *WINK*" and then you show your hand and oops, it's a royal flush.

Benevolence

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #5987 on: August 17, 2010, 10:35:33 pm »

Eridan's timing could be better.

It seems to be updating quite a bit today.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #5988 on: August 17, 2010, 10:36:20 pm »

The full quote implies he's played before, though, and that it wasn't hard the last time. I dunno, I guess it could just be me over-interpreting.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #5989 on: August 17, 2010, 10:36:37 pm »

Regarding Sollux:

I suspect that, fitting in with his theme of duality, he has manic-depressive disorder (also known as being "bipolar"). I can't remember if I have any evidence, but he probably does his best coding when he's manic and the rest of the time wallows in self-loathing. He is Troll Will Magnus, essentially - creating brilliant programs/viruses during a manic bout and the rest of the time regretting that he created them in the first place.

This would also explain why Vriska can only control him half the time, probably only when he's depressed and his guard/psychic powers are down. Vriska can't control other psychics, after all, possibly debunking the theory that Tavros' uncanny empathy is psychic, or else she can control psychics who are somewhat weaker than her (meaning non-depressed Sollux is more powerful than her, as is Aradia even before she was killed).
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5990 on: August 17, 2010, 10:44:04 pm »

Tavros ability is closer to that of empathy as he doesn't actually communicate telepathically. At least I don't think thats how it works.

Then again, Vriska claimed that the imps and ogres on his world had minds which were soft and impressionable. I doubt the ogres and imps are very smart to begin with anyways.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #5991 on: August 17, 2010, 10:45:44 pm »

You know, I bet that this ghost ship Vriska and Eridan plundered is actually Grandpa's Battleship. Having Ahab's Crosshairs on it is probably more than enough of a giveaway.

I can't remember if I have any evidence, but he probably does his best coding when he's manic and the rest of the time wallows in self-loathing.

It does say right in Sollux's introduction that he has bipolar mood swings. To fit with his theme of duality and bifurcation.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5992 on: August 17, 2010, 10:48:33 pm »

To add into what I said, Vriska does a pretty good job of manipulating Tavros into thinking he was going into the seventh gate when he was actually going into the second.

Plus I think she is secretly trying to boost Tavros self esteem or something.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #5993 on: August 17, 2010, 10:49:17 pm »

Thanks, I remember that now. Then I'm right, and he is Troll Will Magnus.

You know, I bet that this ghost ship Vriska and Eridan plundered is actually Grandpa's Battleship. Having Ahab's Crosshairs on it is probably more than enough of a giveaway.

Yeah, Grandpa is active in the Medium for a while, probably. Which brings up the question: do people age within the Medium? The trolls have been stuck there for a long time and remain generally unchanged. Grandpa could have been old and still accomplished lots of things within the Medium due to a non-aging quirk.
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Dragooble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5994 on: August 17, 2010, 10:52:30 pm »

Did anyone else here need the scene with Eridan shooting a white whale to get that Ahabs Crosshairs was a reference to moby dick?
A creature the size of europe can occupy only one tile.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5995 on: August 17, 2010, 10:55:36 pm »

Yeah, Grandpa is active in the Medium for a while, probably. Which brings up the question: do people age within the Medium? The trolls have been stuck there for a long time and remain generally unchanged. Grandpa could have been old and still accomplished lots of things within the Medium due to a non-aging quirk.
The trolls could have been there only days, or eons. The medium is out of synch with reality, so time doesn't mean a thing to their connection with the kids.

Did anyone else here need the scene with Eridan shooting a white whale to get that Ahabs Crosshairs was a reference to moby dick?
It said "thar she blows!". That's about as clear as references get.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #5996 on: August 17, 2010, 10:58:28 pm »

The trolls could have been there only days, or eons. The medium is out of synch with reality, so time doesn't mean a thing to their connection with the kids.

True, but doesn't the Medium has its own timeflow unrelated to that of the mainstream universes? So it could be either, but never both. I'm just wondering which it is.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5997 on: August 17, 2010, 11:00:38 pm »

True, but doesn't the Medium has its own timeflow unrelated to that of the mainstream universes? So it could be either, but never both. I'm just wondering which it is.
Given the absurd number of events happining out of cronological order, stable time loops, and the paradox cloning on top of everything else; I think it's safe to say that trying to order events that occur both in and out of any one medium by time is an exercise in futility.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Dragooble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5998 on: August 17, 2010, 11:01:59 pm »

i think he's asking if people age in the medium at all.
A creature the size of europe can occupy only one tile.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5999 on: August 17, 2010, 11:02:53 pm »

Age would count as an event organized by time.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 ... 398 399 [400] 401 402 ... 3524