Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 387 388 [389] 390 391 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5123915 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA: Water Trolls and Epicsplosions
« Reply #5820 on: August 16, 2010, 02:25:52 pm »

And that was when I realized my Stable Time Loop fail.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #5821 on: August 16, 2010, 02:26:59 pm »

Then what in the hell is this?

The asteroid that brings the frog temple and Bec to Earth?
Precisely. Some 413 million years ago. And it happened to have Dave's game copies.

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5822 on: August 16, 2010, 02:27:32 pm »

But it's a pic of Gamzee engrossed in eating a waffle, so it all works out.

I think my favorites are those "13 years old" ones, they crack me up every time.  Especially since the joke is how shapely the (female) characters become in fanart, and then the joke manages to do it just the same.  I find the whole idea hilarious for some reason, especially that it's Vriska on the receiving end.  Assuming "Hero Mode" is Hussie's closest take on realism, Rose and Terezi do have the slightest hint of feminine definition, whereas even when leaving nothing to the imagination Vriska has all the voluptuous curves of a broomstick.  Combined with the nautical motif, I think there's an Olive Oyl joke waiting to be made somewhere.

Actually, scratch that, The Land of Sun and Drought is my favorite.
That Rose there wasn't actually drawn by Andrew. Does it transcend its fanart origins by being used in a flash? I don't know. Also note that the trolls aren't even mammals.

That is Jade's frog temple still in the Veil. DD created Bec there, and left Dave's Sburb discs in a time capsule. It crashes into earth millions of years in the past, and later draws the interest of an adventurer archaeologist, big game hunter and eccentric inventor, who proceeds to build (or grow?????) his house on the island, and QUITE POSSIBLE translate the ancient runes on the temple walls into a game that destroys humanity.

In short, it's the same temple but at a different time. Millions of years earlier, from the temple's standpoint.

And then someone already explained it before I pressed Post. :(

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #5823 on: August 16, 2010, 02:28:20 pm »

Check this page.

So either the frog temple gets destroyed and is rebuilt somehow after landing, or there are two frog temples. Given the way PM's station somehow manages to build itself from a weird tree thing it's not implausible that the frog temple rebuilt itself.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5824 on: August 16, 2010, 02:43:53 pm »

That Rose there wasn't actually drawn by Andrew. Does it transcend its fanart origins by being used in a flash? I don't know. Also note that the trolls aren't even mammals.

All the suggestions of an insect-like biology are certainly a nice smoke screen.  No, there is nothing to say that trolls age or develop in any of the same ways that humans do.  But girl-trolls do at some point look like Kate Beckinsale and Drew Barrymore.  Also, I wasn't aware that any of the art in the flashes wasn't drawn by Hussie, but I remember that being mentioned.  I suppose she has the same blocky kind of design the rest of the kids do.

So either the frog temple gets destroyed and is rebuilt somehow after landing, or there are two frog temples. Given the way PM's station somehow manages to build itself from a weird tree thing it's not implausible that the frog temple rebuilt itself.

It's also possible that Hussie will retcon the whole thing when Bec presumably does something with the asteroid bearing down on Jade's house and by extension the temple.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5825 on: August 16, 2010, 02:54:17 pm »

It's also possible that Hussie will retcon the whole thing when Bec presumably does something with the asteroid bearing down on Jade's house and by extension the temple.
I think the one looming over Jade right now is the ectobiology lab AR is riding on. He lands near the frog temple... No, wait, that can't be it. AR lands to the same site in the FUTURE, where the whole area is a desert. Just how many meteors has that volcano taken? Anyway, the meteor that crashed into Jade's island four hundred million years ago appeared from a regular Sburb spirograph portal, which would hint that it was indeed teleported there by Skaia, not Bec. Of course, the meteor itself might have some kind of device to teleport it millions of years to the past just before it hits. Sburban engineering is often like that.

IDE/THEORY:
Bec will kill and eat his own paradox clone, and travel to the past with Jade's meteor. The MEOW code was a red herring. Bec was never born, he has always existed in a stable time loop.

Or possibly leave the paradox clone with Jade. Yes, that makes more sense.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5826 on: August 16, 2010, 02:58:08 pm »

What I want to know is: I thought initially that Jade's been future-stalking Dave, John, and Rose, due to how more advanced her technology is. Then the sequence explaining the meteors made everything confusing by placing everyone in the same time period. The story implies that the entire crew of Jade, John, Dave, and Rose are all in the same time-frame, which doesn't make sense since Jade has things which are decades more advanced than what her resources should allow. So, my question is, how does she have these things?

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5827 on: August 16, 2010, 03:01:24 pm »

What I want to know is: I thought initially that Jade's been future-stalking Dave, John, and Rose, due to how more advanced her technology is. Then the sequence explaining the meteors made everything confusing by placing everyone in the same time period. The story implies that the entire crew of Jade, John, Dave, and Rose are all in the same time-frame, which doesn't make sense since Jade has things which are decades more advanced than what her resources should allow. So, my question is, how does she have these things?
I would assume her grandfather made or found them.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5828 on: August 16, 2010, 03:03:14 pm »

Grandpa Harley.  Same reason he has a spaceship and crap.  He may have looted it from Skaian territory over his long, and apparently time traveling life, as indicated by Jade's taxidermied dream-self locked in the "Unused for years" laboratory in the top of the tower.  Not to mention John's birthday gift to her was delivered by a prop-plane.  And the world was presumably annihilated and wasteland-ified by Skaia in the process of everyone logging into the game, and the computer in Rose's lab thing showed Jade's meteor coming down soon after Dave's.  Oh, and her conversations with Tavros seemed pretty contemporary to when he was talking to the other kids.

So yeah, I always just assumed she had all that crazy technology from her ridiculously well-traveled Grandpa.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5829 on: August 16, 2010, 03:06:34 pm »

According to some, Jade is a deconstruction of Mary Sues, and all the advanced stuff makes sense under that context. There's also Bec to consider. You know, the ultra powerful First Guardian of Earth who lets Jade shoot at him for fun and could shrink the two of them down onto a moving bullet? That technology would be child's play for Bec to create.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5830 on: August 16, 2010, 03:45:23 pm »

According to some, Jade is a deconstruction of Mary Sues, and all the advanced stuff makes sense under that context. There's also Bec to consider. You know, the ultra powerful First Guardian of Earth who lets Jade shoot at him for fun and could shrink the two of them down onto a moving bullet? That technology would be child's play for Bec to create.
You know, I think that rather than being a deliberate deconstruction, Jade just happened. Andrew, with his incurable badass complex, wrote every kid more awesome than the ones before, and the fourth having an island of her own, an omnipotent dog, (alledged) understanding of nuclear physics, Skaian dream visions and adorable bouts of narcolepsy is just a natural consequence of this. And following this trend, the trolls are, like Karkat said, basically gods with their freakishly powerful mutations and psychic powers and giant monster guardians. The only reason these characters aren't boring or irritating is that Andrew is just that good at writing characters.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5831 on: August 16, 2010, 04:02:14 pm »

The only reason these characters aren't boring or irritating is that Andrew is just that good at writing characters.
Subjective
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5832 on: August 16, 2010, 04:07:05 pm »

The only reason these characters aren't boring or irritating is that Andrew is just that good at writing characters.
Subjective
You don't have to point out that someone's opinion is an opinion, you know.
No Gods, No Masters.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #5833 on: August 16, 2010, 04:10:18 pm »

He doesn't really at all. But it's true. Everyone said Jade was the annoying one but really I found Dave to be the most annoying one. I. Just. Didn't. Care.

I've grown to like him a bit more but he's still my least favorite character of them all. Though right now I could care less about the original four. I find the Trolls much more interesting (</3 Vriska).
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5834 on: August 16, 2010, 04:17:41 pm »

And I'm a bit more inverted. I really could care less for the trolls and I really hope Andrew gets his shit together and finishes this already.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO
Pages: 1 ... 387 388 [389] 390 391 ... 3524