Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 379 380 [381] 382 383 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5126100 times)

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA: Water Trolls and Epicsplosions
« Reply #5700 on: August 15, 2010, 12:25:54 am »

Alright, I guess I best ask: Do the 'dream' worlds exist in a different dimension from the 'real' world, because there's a lot of crossover in things like certain items from one appearing in the other, and vice versa. It's confusing to say the least.

I would say no. It works in much the same way as the imagination world in Problem Sleuth. They exist and you can travel from one to the other. In this case, it's entirely possible, provided you have a rocket ship (or cruise ship) to travel from your designated planet to either Prospit or Derse and have a very existential moment.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5701 on: August 15, 2010, 12:30:14 am »

Alright, I guess I best ask: Do the 'dream' worlds exist in a different dimension from the 'real' world, because there's a lot of crossover in things like certain items from one appearing in the other, and vice versa. It's confusing to say the least.

I would say no. It works in much the same way as the imagination world in Problem Sleuth. They exist and you can travel from one to the other. In this case, it's entirely possible, provided you have a rocket ship (or cruise ship) to travel from your designated planet to either Prospit or Derse and have a very existential moment.

Like, remember how Dad was kidnapped early on? He was carried basically to the office of Jack Noir, and how he got there is still a point of oddity to me, as I don't think that the Derse royalty exist in John's session world.

About the bunny thing, I actually had to go back and look to see if it was really the same rifle he had. I'd have never noticed that otherwise.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2010, 12:31:49 am by JoshuaFH »

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5702 on: August 15, 2010, 12:33:08 am »

Like, remember how Dad was kidnapped early on? He was carried basically to the office of Jack Noir, and how he got there is still a point of oddity to me, as I don't think that the Derse royalty exist in John's session world.
Jhon's session is on one of the six planets orbiting Skaia. Derse is another. All it takes to get between them is space travel.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5703 on: August 15, 2010, 12:33:57 am »

IDE/Theory: The Trolls are going to be contacted by the losers of another session, and then those losers are going to be slowly worked into the plot. See, there are 36 of them, but only 15 are shown before we are given an arc for them which characterises all of them, and slowly shows us how they managed to lose their session.

It's going to be Act 6. It will be over in 2013. Then we'll start Act 7, and finally see the kids again.

:mspa:
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5704 on: August 15, 2010, 12:35:44 am »

I'd say almost definitely yes, the CTs robots and Ahabs Crosshairs set it up pretty clearly. Actually, it's almost too obvious at this point, I'm starting to expect Andrew to just randomly go "the Penpal was actually WQ" or some crap.

The penpal actually writes like how I'd imagine Hass Harley talking, so I figured it was him, except he has bad grammar. Maybe it's a younger Grandpa, since we know he can hop in and out of the medium, and after all he left Nanna with Betty Crocker a long time ago in search of ADVENTURE.

Actually yeah, the Ahabs Crosshairs is probably just a red herring, and also there to let us know the same weapons are universal throughout sessions, or something. Have to track down the penpals note and reread it...

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5705 on: August 15, 2010, 12:36:26 am »

Certainly they do - Jack got his ring from slicing off the Black Queen's finger.  A man can only stand so many silly costumes.

In fact, across the two known sessions, the key to breaking the game was players prototyping their sprites with shit so ridiculous it embarrassed the important characters into not wearing their due stuff.  The Troll's Queen wouldn't be part frog, and the Kid's Jack couldn't stand the bullshit.  Makes me think all those other failed sessions Karkat talked about must have been kids who all prototyped with "sensible" stuff they thought would be useful, instead of hideous dolls and the trans-dimensionally important amphibians.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5706 on: August 15, 2010, 12:40:58 am »

I should really go back and read all those Act Recaps that I've been skipping. The only one I read was the recap for act 4, and I was all like "Wow, there's alot of info in here that wasn't explicitly mentioned in the story".

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #5707 on: August 15, 2010, 12:43:47 am »

I'd say almost definitely yes, the CTs robots and Ahabs Crosshairs set it up pretty clearly. Actually, it's almost too obvious at this point, I'm starting to expect Andrew to just randomly go "the Penpal was actually WQ" or some crap.

The penpal actually writes like how I'd imagine Hass Harley talking, so I figured it was him, except he has bad grammar. Maybe it's a younger Grandpa, since we know he can hop in and out of the medium, and after all he left Nanna with Betty Crocker a long time ago in search of ADVENTURE.

Actually yeah, the Ahabs Crosshairs is probably just a red herring, and also there to let us know the same weapons are universal throughout sessions, or something. Have to track down the penpals note and reread it...

True. The Royal Deringer is probably unique to Dave, though, being 1/2 bladekind. As to the Warhammer of Zillyhoo... Well, since it's a Problem Sleuth weapon originally, there will probably be ramifications. Possibly.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
« Reply #5708 on: August 15, 2010, 12:50:09 am »

Well, he already has the problem sleuth game, and can make it once he gets ridiculous amounts of extra grist.

I can't wait to see the warhammer of zillyhoo in action. so. cool.
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #5709 on: August 15, 2010, 12:57:38 am »

I'm willing to bet only the Bunny can use it without weeping at its magnificence.
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
« Reply #5710 on: August 15, 2010, 01:00:21 am »

Hrrm. That or perhaps John. John doesn't do a lot of weeping. Just re-enacting conair scenes.
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #5711 on: August 15, 2010, 01:00:52 am »

In fact, across the two known sessions, the key to breaking the game was players prototyping their sprites with shit so ridiculous it embarrassed the important characters into not wearing their due stuff.  The Troll's Queen wouldn't be part frog, and the Kid's Jack couldn't stand the bullshit.  Makes me think all those other failed sessions Karkat talked about must have been kids who all prototyped with "sensible" stuff they thought would be useful, instead of hideous dolls and the trans-dimensionally important amphibians.

A good point that I hadn't considered. Though, Jack was only able to commit regicide through the bunny, but he'd get up to some other shenanigans otherwise, I'm sure.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5712 on: August 15, 2010, 01:09:59 am »

A good point that I hadn't considered. Though, Jack was only able to commit regicide through the bunny, but he'd get up to some other shenanigans otherwise, I'm sure.
Hmm... Really the only difference between the trolls session and the kids(apart from the mobius double reach-around) is the black queen and archagent's response to the outfits. The frog prototyping was the last straw for the queen in the troll's game, while the jester hat was the last straw for Jack. The trolls got Spades Slick on their side because he didn't get pushed over the line, and because the kids did... Regiside.
Grr...
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5713 on: August 15, 2010, 01:11:54 am »

I stole your point, I stole your point, nyah nyah.

Anyway.  I'm a little sad to see how far Karkat has fallen over each iteration of the "favorite troll" poll.  Karkat's still the bestest.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #5714 on: August 15, 2010, 01:20:36 am »

He's certainly the angriest.
Pages: 1 ... 379 380 [381] 382 383 ... 3524