Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 378 379 [380] 381 382 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5126164 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA: Water Trolls and Epicsplosions
« Reply #5685 on: August 15, 2010, 12:07:24 am »

Typing of him, Jack's morality is a bit weird. So far he's shown mercy to three people.
Dad: For killing his hat beyond any hope of repair.
PM: Presumably because they had a deal.
WV: Reasons Unknown. Respect for a fellow Sburb breaker? Blind luck? In a hurry to destroy Prospit? Needs him alive?

I guess Jack has some sense of honor, and just hates the outfits that very much.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5686 on: August 15, 2010, 12:08:13 am »

Good god I just got ninja'd by like half a second with that same long-winded response. I am astounded you don't know which bunny, smjjames. It's had its own flash animation, for gods' sakes.

Also, I just noticed that there are Yoshi sounds in Walls of Blood :33

I really haven't read all of Homestuck, just portions.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #5687 on: August 15, 2010, 12:08:47 am »

WV possibly because he was a fellow King Hater. Note that Jack is not, technically, the King. He's the Ace of Spades.

Dad because, well, fuck that hat.

As to why he honored his deal with PM, only he knows.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5688 on: August 15, 2010, 12:09:32 am »

My bet is that WV wasn't killed because Jack saw something of him self in both a born leader and regicide'er hopeful.
As to why he honored his deal with PM, only he knows.

It's implied that he's a) honorable and b) under the assumption (or was) that the bunny was loyal to him and wasn't going to just switch sides like that.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2010, 12:18:34 am by Jackrabbit »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5689 on: August 15, 2010, 12:10:41 am »

Still, since I'm liking this comic, maybe its time for me to do an archive trawl and read it from the beginning :)

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5690 on: August 15, 2010, 12:12:14 am »

That's the only way it'll ever make sense, bro.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5691 on: August 15, 2010, 12:16:47 am »

Hmm... Really the only difference between the trolls session and the kids(apart from the mobius double reach-around) is the black queen and archagent's response to the outfits. The frog prototyping was the last straw for the queen in the troll's game, while the jester hat was the last straw for Jack. The trolls got Spades Slick on their side because he didn't get pushed over the line, and because the kids did... Regiside.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5692 on: August 15, 2010, 12:18:03 am »

Alright, I guess I best ask: Do the 'dream' worlds exist in a different dimension from the 'real' world, because there's a lot of crossover in things like certain items from one appearing in the other, and vice versa. It's confusing to say the least.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5693 on: August 15, 2010, 12:18:37 am »

Keep in mind that the troll's Black Queen is Snowman.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5694 on: August 15, 2010, 12:18:53 am »

I think its the Harry Potteresque look, what with the glasses and the scarf.
The scarf and the stripey pants made me think of The Doctor, for some reason.

Hmm... I wonder if him having Ahab's Crosshairs means the trolls will be involved in the bunny's creation?
I'd say almost definitely yes, the CTs robots and Ahabs Crosshairs set it up pretty clearly. Actually, it's almost too obvious at this point, I'm starting to expect Andrew to just randomly go "the Penpal was actually WQ" or some crap.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5695 on: August 15, 2010, 12:20:02 am »

Alright, I guess I best ask: Do the 'dream' worlds exist in a different dimension from the 'real' world, because there's a lot of crossover in things like certain items from one appearing in the other, and vice versa. It's confusing to say the least.
Lil Cal is a dream based on a puppet that is that same dream sent back in time where it became the basis for itself. This whole comic is confusing.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5696 on: August 15, 2010, 12:22:26 am »

Different dimensions. Dream world is same dimension as Skaia, Prospit and Derse. Also, the veil. When asteroids from the veil are shot at Skaia, defence portals open and send them to Earth dimension instead.
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #5697 on: August 15, 2010, 12:22:40 am »

I'd say almost definitely yes, the CTs robots and Ahabs Crosshairs set it up pretty clearly. Actually, it's almost too obvious at this point, I'm starting to expect Andrew to just randomly go "the Penpal was actually WQ" or some crap.

The penpal actually writes like how I'd imagine Hass Harley talking, so I figured it was him, except he has bad grammar. Maybe it's a younger Grandpa, since we know he can hop in and out of the medium, and after all he left Nanna with Betty Crocker a long time ago in search of ADVENTURE.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5698 on: August 15, 2010, 12:24:22 am »

A lot of people think it's "Grandpa" Harley in his younger days.  Wouldn't be impossible, but Hussie being Hussie, he'd find a way to throw in a curve.

And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #5699 on: August 15, 2010, 12:25:05 am »

Where do you even get a lusus that's that big.

haha
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit
Pages: 1 ... 378 379 [380] 381 382 ... 3524