Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 366 367 [368] 369 370 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5118639 times)

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA: CJ1145 Has Never Watched Gurren Lagann And Aqizzar Hasn't Finished
« Reply #5505 on: August 13, 2010, 11:38:21 am »

Anyway I figure Act 6 will open with a timeskip, so that Jade's manner of entry into the medium is left up to speculation. Because it's more fun that way.

Fuck I hope not.  That would be a kick in the balls even beyond Hussie's ever increasing urge to troll the shit out of his readership.  Besides, think of all the awesome comedy and inanity to be had from the suggestions?

Let's not forget, we recently saw the inside of that lab-place in the tower, with the taxidermied remains of the original Halley, and Jade's own dream-self.  So many options, so few Kernels.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #5506 on: August 13, 2010, 11:40:28 am »

She needs something intelligent for the second prototyping. So Dream Jade or Grandpa Harley could do.

What if... Jade's prototyping is held off until the final boss battle with Jack Noir, where she'll prototype her sprite with something that will allow them to utterly trash him. Because really, since they know what the prototypings do now, I don't think they'll intentionally supercharge the BBEG.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5507 on: August 13, 2010, 11:42:18 am »

Perhaps she'll prototype the bunny. Somehow.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5508 on: August 13, 2010, 11:42:54 am »

Because really, since they know what the prototypings do now, I don't think they'll intentionally supercharge the BBEG.

Yeah, but it's Jade.  Even when awake, she's bonkers and lacking in that whole consequences-of-actions sense.  Anyway, I'm predicting a lot of time shenanigans when we see her again, especially once Dave reaches her house (since the client player reaches the server player's house after their second gate).  Romance, maybe?  Or maybe just how she survives the meteor.
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #5509 on: August 13, 2010, 11:44:03 am »

Possibly, Dave trying to upstage Bro by attempting to cut a meteor the size of the moon in half. And getting himself killed, but not really, thanks to the power of weird time shit.
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5510 on: August 13, 2010, 11:44:57 am »

Romance? These are still 13 year old kids here, even if they are going through somthing crazy.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5511 on: August 13, 2010, 11:49:08 am »

You read the stuff Dave left on Jade's chatlogger and tell me that isn't the awkward ramblings of a romantically frustrated 13 year old boy.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #5512 on: August 13, 2010, 11:50:33 am »

Romance? These are still 13 year old kids here, even if they are going through somthing crazy.

Look man, they're thirteen. Puberty. Hormones. Yeah romance may well happen. Also Dave/Jade have a completely different dynamic than Dave/Rose in chat logs, so it's likely.

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5513 on: August 13, 2010, 11:51:11 am »

What would happen if Jade prototyped her sprite with Greth... Gareth... Gobelcoque... the dog thing. Would that fuck up Lord English's plan in any way?
You mean Becquerel? Dunno. My guess is that it would break the game in unspecified ways, certainly ruining SOMEONE'S plans.

I think the fractal landscapes that showed up in Problem Sleuth are a pretty good approximation on what the troll battlefield looked like. And DMK is pretty much the Black King with the Sceptre of Orbs Twelvefold.

And the thing with the kernels is PERFECTLY SIMPLE. The kernelsprite hatches when you enter the Medium, or when you prototype it the second time, whichever happens first. That's why Jaspersprite was able to pull Rose up. And the royals and lesser enemies receive whatever prototypings the kernel had when it hatched. It's not explicitly forbidden to enter the medium with an unprototyped kernelsprite, it just hasn't happened yet.

I can't decide what I want Jade to prototype her sprite with, if at all. On one hand, it might be cool to see what happens when you don't prototype, yet on the other, ROBOT IMPS. Or mummy imps, or armour imps, or beauty imps, or manthro imps, or Grandpa imps, or Becquerel imps, or Typheus imps, or Jade imps. There are too many options! :o

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5514 on: August 13, 2010, 12:09:12 pm »

Look man, they're thirteen. Puberty. Hormones. Yeah romance may well happen. Also Dave/Jade have a completely different dynamic than Dave/Rose in chat logs, so it's likely.
Right, because Dave's frantic attempts to make clear that John was the one looking through Rose's books and not him are so not suggestive of anything. Still, the level of unknowing paradox incest such a relationship would cause is disturbing in the extreme...and this is likely why Hussie will put in the story.
No Gods, No Masters.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5515 on: August 13, 2010, 12:17:37 pm »

Still, the level of unknowing paradox incest such a relationship would cause is disturbing in the extreme...and this is likely why Hussie will put in the story.

Well, since nobody knew about that yet, the kids included, it wasn't the same thing then.  I suspect that before Dave tries putting the moves on Rose, if he ever does which is itself unlikely, he'll confer with John first who then delivers the ultimate pillow-screaming cockblock.  More likely, John will just tell everyone about his incredible discovery of their paradox ancestry next time he's talking to all of them, although probably with some awkwardness with Jade.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #5516 on: August 13, 2010, 12:27:26 pm »

Still, the level of unknowing paradox incest such a relationship would cause is disturbing in the extreme...and this is likely why Hussie will put in the story.

Well, since nobody knew about that yet, the kids included, it wasn't the same thing then.  I suspect that before Dave tries putting the moves on Rose, if he ever does which is itself unlikely, he'll confer with John first who then delivers the ultimate pillow-screaming cockblock.  More likely, John will just tell everyone about his incredible discovery of their paradox ancestry next time he's talking to all of them, although probably with some awkwardness with Jade.

If Dave was at any point interested in Rose, the revelation of their ancestry might be the day we see his facial expression change from :| to D:

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5517 on: August 13, 2010, 12:36:34 pm »

I'm sure the shippers will be able to pull up some rationalization why the incest is okay in this case. Or just ignore it. What was that thing about Dave/Davesprite a few pages back?

Although I think it would be very appropriate for the trolls to be the ones to drum up ridiculous amounts of drama about their strange romantic feelings, while the human kids are just best friends.

John ♦ Rose ♦ Dave ♦ Jade

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #5518 on: August 13, 2010, 12:41:14 pm »

I'm sure the shippers will be able to pull up some rationalization why the incest is okay in this case. Or just ignore it. What was that thing about Dave/Davesprite a few pages back?

Although I think it would be very appropriate for the trolls to be the ones to drum up ridiculous amounts of drama about their strange romantic feelings, while the human kids are just best friends.

John ♦ Rose ♦ Dave ♦ Jade

Yes, we've previously established that ♦ = total bromanity. Even between girls. But so far I've only seen that level of bromanity (fittingly enough) between Dave and John. Hopefully when we get back to the kids we'll see more broship.

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5519 on: August 13, 2010, 12:51:29 pm »

Speaking of shipping.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 366 367 [368] 369 370 ... 3524