Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 348 349 [350] 351 352 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5116174 times)

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA: My Troll Ship Is Better Than Your Troll Ship
« Reply #5235 on: August 11, 2010, 10:47:17 am »

The only reason people fall in love and get jiggy with it *is* to make babies. Indirectly. And evolutionary psychology is really the only sensible way to approach the minds of aliens. The disclaimer that all these explanations are very crude is truer than you seem to think, xenopsychology is harder than it looks.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #5236 on: August 11, 2010, 10:49:27 am »

When the "why is it that when the subject of blah blah blah is breached" line was used for the first time it was really funny, the humour came from neither side really understanding the other and the whole thing being one big jumblefuck of confusion and headaches. When it was used for the moirallegiance stuff just now, it felt a whole lot like "wow look guys troll romance is SOOOO confusing there is NO WAY you could POSSIBLY UNDERSTAND but here let me overexplain it while constantly barraging you with 'humans do not understand and think this is weird!' remarks" when it was/is actually pretty simple but with a new set of terminology. I mean, hell, the only thing I'm having the slightest bit of trouble keeping track of is the names for all these things. The actual descriptions are pretty par with what you'd guess.

Really, saying "all forms of what humans call relationships (even non-romantic ones) are parts of troll romance/reproduction, and also they keep track of who falls into what category obsessively" would be enough.

Also I think I'm not going to bother trying to respond to Armok :\

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5237 on: August 11, 2010, 10:54:42 am »

Also I think I'm not going to bother trying to respond to Armok :\

Just watch how easy it is.

The only reason people fall in love and get jiggy with it *is* to make babies.

Condoms.  They exist.  Ergo ipso facto, nuh uh.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5238 on: August 11, 2010, 10:59:53 am »

Getting children, in the current situation, is among the most idiotic things you can do. It also creates yet another person capable of suffering, and birth dosn't have an undo button.
There is no strict biological imperative for it either; humans are adaptation executers not fitness maximizers. Your GENES want you to reproduce, but you are NOT your genes, if anything you are your MEMES, so if there are any imperatives involved they are about preaching not ****ing.

The only reason people fall in love and get jiggy with it *is* to make babies. Indirectly. And evolutionary psychology is really the only sensible way to approach the minds of aliens. The disclaimer that all these explanations are very crude is truer than you seem to think, xenopsychology is harder than it looks.

I don't intend for this to be mean, Armok. But these statements are contradictory.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Qmarx

• Bay Watcher
  • "?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5239 on: August 11, 2010, 11:03:56 am »

The thing is, every time Troll biology was described or the situation described was from the narrators perspective. One could assume it is a Troll narrator in this universe, but I wasn't given a clear sign that it wasn't the usual narrator other than the sudden haste in plot development.

But I get what you mean.
The narrator's always been influenced by what characters are around - see John's wall, the shift in tone during the midnight crew intermission, et cetera.  It's a third person unreliable.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5240 on: August 11, 2010, 11:06:01 am »

Actually, let's not turn this into another Armok Argument thread.  I'll leave my last comment because it's pithy, but I'm not going to pile on the guy anymore and clutter up the thread with a bunch of bullshit.

So let's wildly speculate instead.  How will Tavros and Vriska resolve their "relationship" conundrum?  Will we get to see Terezi tackle the architectural instinct of a stoned-up-the-asshole clown aficionado?  What kind of Internet stereotypes will CA embody?  How much longer will the Troll Intermission last, and how many more infodumps about alien romance will we slog through in the process?

The narrator's always been influenced by what characters are around - see John's wall, the shift in tone during the midnight crew intermission, et cetera.  It's a third person unreliable.

I wouldn't say unreliable, but the narrator isn't static either.  John's walls for instance tell us only what John knows, but doesn't exactly lie about anything.  The narrator does have a distinct personality apart from the world itself, and seems to enjoy subtly mocking both the player and the game, especially when something silly is the obvious course of action.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2010, 11:08:16 am by Aqizzar »
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5241 on: August 11, 2010, 11:07:52 am »

And the most important question of all: Will anyone else eat the mind honey?
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #5242 on: August 11, 2010, 11:20:34 am »

Maybe I did not empathize the indirectly part enough, or messed up my English again.
Individual humans does not fall in love to make babies.
The human species evolved the capability to feel love only in order to make babies.

Also, all of you are anthropomorphizing these trolls way to much, despite all the warnings right there not to do so. Even if there are superficial similarities in behaviour between troll emotions and human ones that don't mean they are the same thing, or even close to it.
Those warnings are not just joke, they communicate the information that: "if you interpret this stuff as being things understandable to normal humans after a quick text explanation, you've misinterpreted something."
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5243 on: August 11, 2010, 11:26:20 am »

Getting children, in the current situation, is among the most idiotic things you can do. It also creates yet another person capable of suffering, and birth dosn't have an undo button.
There is no strict biological imperative for it either; humans are adaptation executers not fitness maximizers. Your GENES want you to reproduce, but you are NOT your genes, if anything you are your MEMES, so if there are any imperatives involved they are about preaching not ****ing.

I don't intend for this to be mean, Armok. But these statements are contradictory.
To be fair, he did later rescind that first comment on grounds of "bad day". And the second one is true... mostly. As different as actual alien minds might be, the trolls are pretty much human, just with slightly different motivations behind what they do. I mean really, with a good disguise they could easily pass as abnormally jerkish(is that a word? I don't care, it is now.) humans.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #5244 on: August 11, 2010, 11:26:59 am »

Hey, I'm trying to find a picture to describe a guy on a different forum perfectly. Can somebody help me find a "BLUH BLUH HUGE BITCH" pic?
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

uber pye

• Bay Watcher
  • murderhobo extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5245 on: August 11, 2010, 11:33:02 am »

There is some more fanart by someone under this spoiler. Some bloke called "Eyes5". I would try describing it but words fail me.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

that explains so much
"Immortal" just means that you haven't killed it hard enough

X-MAS TIME!!!!!
the mad immortal child! xmas themed

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #5246 on: August 11, 2010, 11:34:36 am »

That's... that's horrible. At first, I was sad because nobody be helping me look but oh Jesus I think I'm gonna be sick.

Wait... I wonder if Mind Honey is... a performance enhancer. *Takes another hit of acid*
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5247 on: August 11, 2010, 11:35:19 am »

Can somebody help me find a "BLUH BLUH HUGE BITCH" pic?

How 'bout one of the originals?

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5248 on: August 11, 2010, 11:35:35 am »

Hey, I'm trying to find a picture to describe a guy on a different forum perfectly. Can somebody help me find a "BLUH BLUH HUGE BITCH" pic?

I take no responsiblity if this gets you banned.

No Gods, No Masters.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #5249 on: August 11, 2010, 11:47:04 am »

Can somebody help me find a "BLUH BLUH HUGE BITCH" pic?

How 'bout one of the originals?

That works perfectly. And don't worry, the guy is on the Taleworlds forum, and a complete idiot. Calling them a huge bitch is pretty tame by those standards.
Pages: 1 ... 348 349 [350] 351 352 ... 3524