Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 347 348 [349] 350 351 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5115575 times)

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA: My Troll Ship Is Better Than Your Troll Ship
« Reply #5220 on: August 11, 2010, 08:03:36 am »

For instance, human players would never be able to adequately diagnose the relationship between the queen and her archagent. But troll players could immediately place it as a dead ringer for kismesissitude. They would think we were all pretty stupid for not getting it. And they would be right.
This is a somewhat silly paragraph. We did easily diagnose it as somewhat of a rivalry, and the kids likely would have said the same had they been involved to the extent the Trolls had been. I don't see how humans would be stupid for not knowing the troll reproductive cycle.

The whole thing just rubs on me as a little pretentious.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #5221 on: August 11, 2010, 08:08:24 am »

I suspect that TvTropes doesn't exist in the Homestuck universe.

Also no one wants to engage in futile MYTHOLOGY SPECULATION with me, dammit.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #5222 on: August 11, 2010, 08:11:35 am »

Uh, durr, that's kind of the point. In case you haven't noticed, Trolls are very pretentious, especially when they're explaining things to the humans. The only way this stuff would be documented (as the reference point for the narrator) would be in a highly biased pro-Troll form.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5223 on: August 11, 2010, 08:20:23 am »

The thing is, every time Troll biology was described or the situation described was from the narrators perspective. One could assume it is a Troll narrator in this universe, but I wasn't given a clear sign that it wasn't the usual narrator other than the sudden haste in plot development.

But I get what you mean.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #5224 on: August 11, 2010, 08:50:15 am »

For instance, human players would never be able to adequately diagnose the relationship between the queen and her archagent. But troll players could immediately place it as a dead ringer for kismesissitude. They would think we were all pretty stupid for not getting it. And they would be right.
This is a somewhat silly paragraph. We did easily diagnose it as somewhat of a rivalry, and the kids likely would have said the same had they been involved to the extent the Trolls had been. I don't see how humans would be stupid for not knowing the troll reproductive cycle.

I agree, and got that feeling from every time troll background info has come up. It's not really that hard, and I haven't got the sense that Hussie's trying to be pretentious because the trolls can be pretentious or anything like that either. How I feel about this whole matter:

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5225 on: August 11, 2010, 09:26:56 am »

Also no one wants to engage in futile MYTHOLOGY SPECULATION with me, dammit.

I gave you a perfectly viable paragraph on troll relationships and lazer cocaine just one page ago. Speculate away.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #5226 on: August 11, 2010, 09:30:20 am »

There's no need. "Friendship = Ultra-Heroin" has been an essential part of the MSPA universes since Problem Sleuth.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5227 on: August 11, 2010, 09:52:47 am »

When it comes to Lord English, who knows? The guy is an interdimentional demon, after all. All we really know is that he can only be harmed by glitches in reality and wears a massive coat that reflects the status of spacetime. The First Guardians we know of are some of the most powerful beings in Homestuck so far, beside post-regicide Jack and Bro. Still, they aren't omnipotent at all, as Jade snuck past Becquerel and Doc Scratch was suprised by one of the trolls. I forget how.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5228 on: August 11, 2010, 10:11:07 am »

When it comes to Lord English, who knows?

Lord English exists outside of time, can command beings at will to arrange the events that bring about his own entry, knows all, sees all, and cannot be confronted by any power in the story.

Lord English is the player, i.e. the reader, writ large.  And if Hussie's recent posts on his forum are anything to go by (and being Hussie, they almost never are), "Lord English" can end the "world" at any time.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #5229 on: August 11, 2010, 10:12:05 am »

When it comes to Lord English, who knows?

Lord English exists outside of time, can command beings at will to arrange the events that bring about his own entry, knows all, sees all, and cannot be confronted by any power in the story.

Lord English is the player, i.e. the reader, writ large.  And if Hussie's recent posts on his forum are anything to go by (and being Hussie, they almost never are), "Lord English" can end the "world" at any time.

But he can't end the world, because it's just too much fun.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #5230 on: August 11, 2010, 10:21:32 am »

I've very surprised that people don't like this exposition. It's one of my absolute favourite things about the story so far.
You people just dont have enoguth imagination.
There is some more fanart by someone under this spoiler. Some bloke called "Eyes5". I would try describing it but words fail me.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Is it wrong that I find this romantic and hawt?

edit: I just relized this means Vriska ACTUALLY raped Tavros if it's correct...
« Last Edit: August 11, 2010, 10:23:04 am by Armok »
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5231 on: August 11, 2010, 10:24:01 am »

You people just dont have enoguth imagination.

If I'm right (and I could be wrong), the problem most people have with the exposition is that it does not leave enough to the imagination.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5232 on: August 11, 2010, 10:28:51 am »

Fewer pretty pictures too.  Not to mention how high falutin' and ridiculous some of it is.  The "narrator" (i.e. Hussie) talks about romance like the only reason people fall in love and get jiggy with it is to make babies.  And while I know describing everything in the most verbose and convoluted way possible is a hallmark of the story, these recent bouts have felt more dry and irritated rather than outright humorous.
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5233 on: August 11, 2010, 10:31:55 am »

For the trolls, falling in love only to make babies and not be killed by the Imperial Drone could be the truth. They don't exactly have happy lives in any other aspect, so why not include love?
No Gods, No Masters.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5234 on: August 11, 2010, 10:39:21 am »

I'm saying he keeps bringing it up like it's the only reason humans fall in love, and therefore is the only context in which we can understand Troll-Love.

Pages: 1 ... 347 348 [349] 350 351 ... 3524