Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 308 309 [310] 311 312 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5123430 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA: How I Learned to Stop Complaining and Love the Trolls
« Reply #4635 on: July 31, 2010, 10:34:47 am »

If nobody noticed I drew that picture of Equius up there.

Also I agree gA is really cool even before introduction.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #4636 on: July 31, 2010, 01:28:52 pm »

Anyway, yeah, gA finally gets named.  I always remember there's a reason I put up with the bullshit parts of this comic; that reason is the perfectly-sensible-in-context characterization of a daylight reverse-vampire gamebreaker who battles shrubbery and the undead with a chainsaw.  So cool.

Kanaya wields the tool of landscaping and fighting the undead, but she doesn't actually fight the undead. Instead she reads about them. In romance novels.

I think Kanaya is the troll equivalent of a Twilight fan. And I bet her favorite book is called Sunrise, about a completely and unremarkably ordinary troll girl who through an unlikely set of coincidences becomes the object of affection for a creepy sun vampire stalker. And I bet we will get to see her talk about it in a few pages.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #4637 on: July 31, 2010, 01:37:31 pm »

If trolls are the opposites of humans in most Social ways, wouldn't a "Twilight" book be action? Filled with masculinity and testoserone?
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #4638 on: July 31, 2010, 01:51:30 pm »

If trolls are the opposites of humans in most Social ways, wouldn't a "Twilight" book be action? Filled with masculinity and testoserone?

Perfect for Equius.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4639 on: July 31, 2010, 01:52:37 pm »

Equius would probably read actual Twilight and try to pass it off as classical literature.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #4640 on: July 31, 2010, 01:57:15 pm »

They're different socially and biologically, but not significantly different culturally. Trolls have movies, games, TV, etc.

I don't think a troll Twilight, featuring roughly the same content, is out of the question.

Equius would probably read actual Twilight and try to pass it off as classical literature.

This... works out surprisingly well, actually.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4641 on: July 31, 2010, 02:39:56 pm »

I think it would be a little too low-brow for him.  Needs more giant horse dongs.  But, I'm sure Hussie will be more than happy to enlighten us all in a few pages, yeah.

Anyway, I've been spending the morning rereading the comic, because a lot of it is old enough to be fresh again.  I honestly forgot just how funny MSPA is.  But I stumbled across something interesting, in the conversation between then-new Davesprite and then-mysterious gallowsCalibrator-
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

So, after absconding to their meteoric web-cafe, one of the female trolls came up with the idea to give helpful information in the most unhelpful way possible to the kids in the past.  It's not Terezi or Kanaya, and apparently is a bit regretful whoever she is.  Place your bets now folks: Aradia 1:2, Vriska 1:4, Nepeta 1:8, cuttlefishCuller 1:8.  Or maybe it's Snowman or another White Queen or who the fuck knows.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4642 on: July 31, 2010, 02:56:58 pm »

Place your bets now folks: Aradia 1:2, Vriska 1:4, Nepeta 1:8, cuttlefishCuller 1:8.  Or maybe it's Snowman or another White Queen or who the fuck knows.

Well, Nepeta doesn't seem like the type to be in charge of anything important, and I don't think Aradia is capable of feeling misgivings. Vriska is all BLUH BLUH HUGE BITCH so my money's on CC.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #4643 on: July 31, 2010, 03:00:16 pm »

I think it would be a little too low-brow for him. Needs more giant horse dongs.

This is a great quote to take completely out of context.

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4644 on: July 31, 2010, 03:42:57 pm »

50 boon dollars on cuttlefish culler.

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4645 on: July 31, 2010, 04:07:09 pm »

Well, Aradia is the Maid of Time. I kind of always assumed she was obviously the timeline manager.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4646 on: July 31, 2010, 07:25:46 pm »

Now, I'm not far enough to know for sure, but didn't a mind honey incident remove one of the more likely candidates?
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4647 on: July 31, 2010, 08:14:20 pm »

Now, I'm not far enough to know for sure, but didn't a mind honey incident remove one of the more likely candidates?

If you mean Aradia, don't worry, she got better.  Sort of.

Now, she does seem like the likely candidate for the mysterious instigator, with the "Maid of Time" thing, and wanting to help people by creepy and inscrutable means.  I'm not sure she would put up with all the time-window trolling shenanigans of the people actually doing it, but she doesn't seem like she'd have misgivings about anything either, but she's okay with a lot of things now anyway.

On the other hand, uphelpfully trolling people with useful information across time seems like the kind of thing Vriska would come up with, especially since she has a bone to pick with that Cue-ball guy and the mysterious final boss "Lord English" guy.  And having misgivings seems possible in light of Hussie's growing hints that she's not the unrelenting bitch she first appeared to be.  But then, it also seems like exactly the kind of thing she'd really want to do herself, which begs the question of why she's not part of the trolling, whoever's idea it was.

And of course, Nepeta is the crazy lighthearted autistic catgirl, and absolutely nothing is known about cC yet, so they're both a wash in speculation.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #4648 on: July 31, 2010, 09:59:55 pm »

Misgivings might not mean misgivings about trolling the kids out of decency, but misgivings on whether trolling the kids with helpful information will actually work at all. I think that expands the pool a little bit.

Trolling the kid's in the first place was Karkat's idea, right? And all the trolls talking with the kids are from the Red Team.

If it's Karkat's idea and it's a Red Team operation then it's probably Vriska managing the timeline. Doesn't it seem like Vriska who would do such a horrible job of figuring out who talks to people when? You'd think spooky ghost girl would be more effective at it, even if does so cryptically.

Anyways, it's interesting that Kanaya's weapon is also her makeup. I think there might be some meaning there, perhaps into how Kanaya views her appearance.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #4649 on: July 31, 2010, 10:17:03 pm »

Hehehe, Problem Sleuth reference, nice.

There's a character called Hysterical Dame in PS that uses the same weaponry.
Pages: 1 ... 308 309 [310] 311 312 ... 3524