Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 248 249 [250] 251 252 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5125059 times)

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA: How I Learned to Stop Complaining and Love the Trolls
« Reply #3735 on: June 13, 2010, 07:42:25 pm »

Dudes, why are you complaining about how a fictional series that uses time travel and magic doesn't stick to the laws of physics? Come on guys. If Hussie wants it to be advanced enough to defy real-world physics then it is.

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
« Reply #3736 on: June 13, 2010, 07:51:27 pm »

Best. Modus. Ever. All there is to say on the matter really.
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3737 on: June 13, 2010, 08:23:47 pm »

Nobody complained about where items go when you captchalogue them...
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
« Reply #3738 on: June 13, 2010, 08:25:37 pm »

hehe. Also, I have to say, even if its a lot of remixes, this music is really cool regardless!
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #3739 on: June 13, 2010, 08:33:51 pm »

So, instead of 'it's magic' you're going for the 'it's science so advanced that it's almost like magic and I'm not going to explain it at all but just so you know guys it's not magic' explanation?
No. There is some amount of magic needed for the time travel, but it need much LESS magic than other suggested solutions.
How do *you* know that the current scientific theories are 100% correct and final?

More importantly, a more plausible explaination of how trollian might work is to emulate a specifically targeted defense portal across time and space. They have been shown to be able to pass through time, space, and possibly reality. Just like a TARDIS!

Edit: Someone *must* make a version of a screenshot of the meteors and defense portals with the portals replaced with blue police boxes with the doors open...
Eh?
Eh!

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #3740 on: June 13, 2010, 10:28:03 pm »

After to listening to album 5 twice, favourite tracks not counting ones featured in the comic: 1, 3, 15, 30, 43, 48

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3741 on: June 13, 2010, 10:59:58 pm »

Magic isn't real.
In MSPA, magic is real. But in MSPA, said magic isn't called magic. It's how the universe works, so why would it be called magic? Imagine being in a universe where nothing burns. You come to our universe and see fire. It's magic! But we do not call it magic, because it is not abnormal for us.
The world of MSPA works quite differently from ours. Why would we explain "magical" things in their world with our science?

But no, no. Even that doesn't quite get it right.
It's a story.
It's not real.
You cannot come up with a "most likely" explanation, because it's quite probable that no explanation exists. This universe is contained within the mind of Andrew Hussie. If he has not bothered to think of an explanation, there is no explanation.
Imagine if Andrew Hussie were to write "These kids are all 13 years old", and then in the next panel write "The 31-year-olds get on the boat". Would you then say "The most likely explanation is that the kids went through a time portal which aged them 18 years, because we have seen that time portals exist etc."? No, that would be silly - it was a typo. No in-MSPA explanation exists, and it is the same for the troll universe and time travel.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3742 on: June 13, 2010, 11:28:54 pm »

Imagine if Andrew Hussie were to write "These kids are all 13 years old", and then in the next panel write "The 31-year-olds get on the boat". Would you then say "The most likely explanation is that the kids went through a time portal which aged them 18 years, because we have seen that time portals exist etc."? No, that would be silly - it was a typo.
You CLEARLY have been reading a different MS paint adventures than we have.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2010, 11:33:28 pm by Sensei »
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3743 on: June 13, 2010, 11:32:33 pm »

Amen to both of you, no shut up and get back to loving t
both the bomb and the zombie troll.  Yeah I just referenced a reference. What about it.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Dragooble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3744 on: June 13, 2010, 11:43:28 pm »

Could someone explain ATH to me? As far as i can tell, it's basically just a sequence of input that repeats over and over again. Is that what it's supposed to be?
A creature the size of europe can occupy only one tile.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #3745 on: June 13, 2010, 11:46:04 pm »

Could someone explain ATH to me? As far as i can tell, it's basically just a sequence of input that repeats over and over again. Is that what it's supposed to be?

~ = tilde

~ATH = tildeATH = til death

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3746 on: June 14, 2010, 12:59:43 am »

Magic isn't real.
In MSPA, magic is real. But in MSPA, said magic isn't called magic. It's how the universe works, so why would it be called magic? Imagine being in a universe where nothing burns. You come to our universe and see fire. It's magic! But we do not call it magic, because it is not abnormal for us.
The world of MSPA works quite differently from ours. Why would we explain "magical" things in their world with our science?

Rose called it magic and Rose can write hamfisted prose better than you so I defer to her infinitely wiser judgment.

EDIT: With Vol. 5, I'm sure they were planning on a real, honest-to-God album for a long time but doesn't this seem like the perfect way for Hussie to say 'fuck you' to the dude that pulled out?

I'm sure that wasn't the intention. It's funny none-the-less.

Also oh my God I need album five RIGHT THE HELL NOW.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2010, 01:26:42 am by Jackrabbit »

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #3747 on: June 14, 2010, 01:39:25 am »

Huh, looks like Althenians are prepped for Sburb from childhood or something ridiculous like that.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3748 on: June 14, 2010, 01:39:53 am »

So, apparently this is meant to be an intermission in all but name?

Why?

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3749 on: June 14, 2010, 01:40:56 am »

Because this is Hussie.
Pages: 1 ... 248 249 [250] 251 252 ... 3524