Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 227 228 [229] 230 231 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5123934 times)

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA: Vote Your Favorite Kid!!!
« Reply #3420 on: June 04, 2010, 05:00:46 am »

I think I understand most of it but I'm having trouble turning that into words.

Key points:

• The meteors are starting to impact, Skaia's defense system has activated.
  • The only king left is Jack, as both whites have abdicated and the blacks are dead.
  • Jack used the staff to somehow affect the meteor shower. I don't know how.
  • Jade's dream self is dead.
  • Jade's dream self was wearing THE ring at the moment of impact.
  • Prospit is destroyed.
  • John's dream self is awake.
  • The armies on both sides are mostly destroyed.
  • BRO IS THE BEST FUCKING CHARACTER OUT OF ALL OF THEM, THE FUCKING BEST
« Last Edit: June 04, 2010, 05:03:48 am by Jackrabbit »

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3421 on: June 04, 2010, 05:11:49 am »

I absolutely loved the remix of every major character and plot theme song in there... it was like it recapped the whole series, while also advancing the plot in a hundred little arcs. Man.

Also, is anyone else getting a darker vibe from Becquerel now? He was apparently created by the genetic code Jaspers whispered to Rose... and the Archagents working with Jack Noir wanted him made. I'm wondering if he was trying to keep Jade from being able to get to the temple back in the beginning for reasons other than her safety.

Ze plot! She takes exciting twists!

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3422 on: June 04, 2010, 05:13:46 am »

I love that Hussie actually has the audacity to put "4/13/2009 - 5/31/2010  Day 413" at the end, as if the Flash wasn't four days late.

So, I'm gonna needa scene-by-scene breakdown.  This comic has to have a stupidly precise wiki by now.

Any more rampant speculation on what that damn dog is supposed to be?
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3423 on: June 04, 2010, 05:14:08 am »

Holy shitting yes.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3424 on: June 04, 2010, 05:20:50 am »

Some interesting details:
  • It seems that the catcode created what looks like Bec. THE MOST SURPRISING TWIST YET.
  • Jack can make some kind of red energy tendrils with the Black Queen's ring.
  • Ms. Paint escaped Prospit with the White Queen.
  • Jade's Dreambot exploded, taking Jade's bedroom tower with it. Jade was last seen falling down.
  • A lot of things are going down.
  • DESCENDING, if you will.
What are Dave and Rose doing? It seems they've also gotten themselves some sequence-breaking flight abilities, and blasted away towards some gates.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3425 on: June 04, 2010, 05:21:44 am »

The Squiddles break was awesome.. can anyone decipher what the Squiddles were saying though, when they tanglebuddied the sailor guy? Also, At the end, it looked like Jade was knocked unconscious back on Earth, with her dream-self dead, while a meteor large enough to cover half the sky was drifting slowly toward the tower, with Becquerel looking eerily on.

Also, was it just me, or was the young Dave Strider sent on his asteroid along with Maplehoof, the Pretty Pink Pony? Because that's freaking hilarious.

Also yes, Ms.Paint did survive, with her retine of as-of-yet unnamed white mooks. :P

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3426 on: June 04, 2010, 05:23:15 am »

The more I think about it, the more I want to know what happened to the ring Jade was carrying.

Also, will her narcolepsy be over now?

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3427 on: June 04, 2010, 05:30:45 am »

IDE/THEORY: Dream Jade isn't dead. That white flash just before Prospit's moon hit the battlefield was her using the ring to do... something.

Nah, Scrap that. It's just like all meteor flashes. Instead:

IDE/THEORY: Bro already fought Jack, and that's what the other guardians are going to do. Mom with a rifle, Dad with a cake, and Grampa Harley with a huge battleship. Shipkind strife modus?
« Last Edit: June 04, 2010, 05:39:21 am by Soadreqm »

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3428 on: June 04, 2010, 05:37:08 am »

This whole thing just took on a new dimension. AT was actually... prempatively consoling her on the death of her dream-self... and seems to be hinting that she won't dream anymore. He really is a good guy. :(

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3429 on: June 04, 2010, 05:43:49 am »

IDE/THEORY: Bro already fought Jack, and that's what the other guardians are going to do. Mom with a rifle, Dad with a cake, and Grampa Harley with a huge battleship. Shipkind strife modus?

What do you want to bet that Grandpa never died at all, but made it seem that way so he could go off and pursue ADVENTURE, and possibly some of that guardianing business he was supposed to be doing?

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3430 on: June 04, 2010, 05:47:17 am »

What do you want to bet that Grandpa never died at all, but made it seem that way so he could go off and pursue ADVENTURE, and possibly some of that guardianing business he was supposed to be doing?
Well, he did say that he was going to die after returning to Earth. And people seem to die a lot, here.

Spoiler: fanboy screenshots (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 04, 2010, 06:14:12 am by Soadreqm »

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3431 on: June 04, 2010, 06:22:15 am »

IMO, best image was of Mom holding the big gun.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3432 on: June 04, 2010, 07:47:12 am »

Hey, wait. Bequerrel wasn't created by a dark archagent, nor was he created from what Jasper whispered to Rose as far as I can make out. I watch it through a few times (like I needed a reason) and I noticed that first off, Bequerrel was a paradox clone, created from his own genetic code, so his intent was whatever his intent always has been and will be (I'm guessing the machines don't allow tinkering with the code to set intent) and probably wasn't set to be dark from the start by a Dersian, and it was a simple pawn (but for the life of me I can't remember if it was black or white) that made him, not an archagent. The MEOWEOWMEOW reading was an unrelated scene that went by so fast it almost looked like it was part of the same scene, but when Bequerrel is cloned the Archagent is nowhere to be found.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3433 on: June 04, 2010, 08:01:51 am »

Remember that all of the clones were made the same way - combining different DNA.  Becquerel (Firefox recognizes it) was made of totally unimportant plot detail, and the MEOWMEOWMEOW genetic code from the journal which the poor schmuck operating the genetic splicer thingamajig took.

At least, that's what the wiki says.  Y'know, I really shouldn't have looked for the thing and read it.  Figuring this shit out is a lot more fun without the help.  Then again, remembering all this is not.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2010, 08:04:03 am by Aqizzar »
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3434 on: June 04, 2010, 08:12:14 am »

At least, that's what the wiki says.  Y'know, I really shouldn't have looked for the thing and read it.  Figuring this shit out is a lot more fun without the help.  Then again, remembering all this is not.

You speak the truth. I shall continue to believe my interpretation until Hussie cranks out another summary that's too long to read.

Also, Becquerel? Gosh.
Pages: 1 ... 227 228 [229] 230 231 ... 3524