Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 613 614 [615] 616 617 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5117967 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA: There is always a 'U'pdate!
« Reply #9210 on: September 25, 2010, 08:11:58 pm »

AG: Just 8ecause you are going to fail doesn't mean it won't 8e any fun along the way!

This is the best thing she's said so far.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9211 on: September 25, 2010, 08:12:43 pm »

Question:  Why is Equius' horrible behavior absolved by "oh he's an alien" but Vriska and the other deff killy grotz iz bluh bluh huge bitch?
I say that it isn't. Equius just isn't as horrid as Vriska. Controlling, implied abusive, creepy, and racist beats out crazy, murderous, and sadistic any day.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #9212 on: September 25, 2010, 08:17:45 pm »

It's because while Equius may acidentally hurt someone and has a bit of a bestiality fetish, he's overall a nice guy, whereas Vriska shows little-to no recognizable remorse and knowingly causes great harm upon her friends.

And I don't really classify Equius as racist, just very snobby.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9213 on: September 25, 2010, 08:19:39 pm »

Hey, theres the Cyclops (or Giclops?) that made off with the hammer!

Really though, if the kids really do have 24 hours left to get things straightened out, there is so much that they could have done wrong....

It's because while Equius may acidentally hurt someone and has a bit of a bestiality fetish, he's overall a nice guy, whereas Vriska shows little-to no recognizable remorse and knowingly causes great harm upon her friends.

And I don't really classify Equius as racist, just very snobby.

It seems like Vriska is being good for once, but it may be a bit hard to tell for sure, you know, like "come into my parlor' said the spider to the fly.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9214 on: September 25, 2010, 08:20:45 pm »

She's likely just trying to one-up Terezi for surviving her cunning double-mobius reacharound plan.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #9215 on: September 25, 2010, 08:24:59 pm »

What exactly are the salamanders shooting out of their mouths anyway, their tounges?

I'm guessing bubbles. As in, Viceroy Bubbles von Salamancer.

I'm starting to sense some Terezi/Vriska blackrom here.

The important question is whether or not Terezi hates Vriska and vice versa, because rivalry alone doesn't mean blackrom. I don't think they do.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9216 on: September 25, 2010, 08:30:41 pm »

I wonder which teammate Vriska is referring to about sleeping alot? Gamzee maybe?

Still though, Vriska is actually sort of lying about winning the game because while they did create a new universe, something happened to keep them from actually entering said universe and becoming gods/goddesses.

The way the plot is going, it seems like the kids are suppoused to create the Trolls universe. Also, maybe they don't actually have 24 hours left and Vriska was just saying that things will be busy for a while since that won't leave much time for Jade to do whatever it is she needs to do. Plus alternate dave stuck around for 4 months, so, no idea.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9217 on: September 25, 2010, 08:34:43 pm »

I wonder which teammate Vriska is referring to about sleeping alot? Gamzee maybe?

Probably Tavros.  Remember how much he gushed about his Dream-self?  Kinda weird that we never got to see it much.

As over exposed as she already is, Vriska makes a surprisingly good exposition machine.  She's a gloating, blabbering know-it-all anyway, so it only makes sense that the first chance she gets she dumps all the info on John she has to offer, in as condescending a tone as possible.

You have to admit though, they have some remarkable conversational chemistry together.  But then, Hussie is the master of squeezing entertainment's blood from any plot-stone.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #9218 on: September 25, 2010, 08:51:35 pm »

AG: Prospit is the 8est. Derse is where all the rejects hang out. Am I right?

Vriska's bragging but she's right about Prospit being a pretty happening place.

This gives me a funny image of all the Prospitians having a wicked party in one of their towers while Equius, Nepeta, Feferi, and Eridan are sitting around in awkward silence, trying to play a board game or otherwise pass the time.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9219 on: September 25, 2010, 08:55:11 pm »

I still am somewhat skeptical about Prospit/Derse being Good/Evil. Derse fights Prospit, sure, but they haven't done anything all that evil.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
No Gods, No Masters.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9222 on: September 25, 2010, 09:00:36 pm »

YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO LINK TO TVTROPES TO VALIDATE YOUR ARGUMENT.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9223 on: September 25, 2010, 09:00:42 pm »

I still am somewhat skeptical about Prospit/Derse being Good/Evil. Derse fights Prospit, sure, but they haven't done anything all that evil.

One might make an example of Jack Noir, but he went crazy and might actually have destroyed both Derse and Prospit. Plus the Dersians teamed with Prospit to try and defeat crazed Jack Noir.

Its more a theme of two opposing armies, but the dark/light theme is there.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #9224 on: September 25, 2010, 09:02:15 pm »

They are described by Nanna as the forces of evil.

Your mileage may vary, what with Wayward Vagabond and Authority Regulator not being total tools.

YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO LINK TO TVTROPES TO VALIDATE YOUR ARGUMENT.

Heh heh, the reductio ad TvTropesium.
Pages: 1 ... 613 614 [615] 616 617 ... 3524