Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 567 568 [569] 570 571 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5121180 times)

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA: There Could Be An Update RIGHT NOW
« Reply #8520 on: September 17, 2010, 12:19:32 pm »

How do you figure the fight against the Black King is the common diverging point for all the timelines those doomed Aradiabots are coming from? There could be any number of things that make the game unwinnable. Dave had to travel back in time to stop John from dying on day one, and the trolls were playing a harder game for more time. What I think is happening that every time Aradia fixes an error in the timeline, she skips to the end to fight the Black King to remove herself from the game. She's doomed anyway. Although I guess this means that she did attack Vriska: that was not a doomed timeline, that was a successful timeline, made such in part by Aradia attacking Vriska.

It would have to be the common diverging point. By necessity.

If an error in the timeline occurs before the Black King fight, Aradia traveling to the future to the Black King fight will have no effect on the outcome of the successful timeline, because the timeline is already doomed at that point.
If an error in the timeline occurs during or after the Black King fight, Aradia can travel to the past to the Black King fight, and she will affect the outcome of the successful timeline, because the timeline is not doomed at that point.

When errors occur that make a timeline doomed is important, not just that the timeline is doomed.

I guess she's not using this power to save herself because, well, being dead amplified her psychic powers, right?

It apparently had to be this way and there was no other way it could have happened. Obviously proven wrong by attempting to retroactively fix timelines, but on a larger scale it can still be argued that there is no other way it could have gone. I.E., it was still predetermined that all of those timelines would be doomed and all those Aradias would go back in time to fix it.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8521 on: September 17, 2010, 12:27:09 pm »

It would have to be the common diverging point. By necessity.

If an error in the timeline occurs before the Black King fight, Aradia traveling to the future to the Black King fight will have no effect on the outcome of the successful timeline, because the timeline is already doomed at that point.
If an error in the timeline occurs during or after the Black King fight, Aradia can travel to the past to the Black King fight, and she will affect the outcome of the successful timeline, because the timeline is not doomed at that point.

When errors occur that make a timeline doomed is important, not just that the timeline is doomed.

No, that can't be right. If an error happens before Endboss, Aradia obviously travels backwards in time to fix it. This creates a potentially successful timeline that has two Aradias; the one it had already, and the one who just changed the timeline. The superfluous Aradia is doomed anyway, so it would make sense for her to skip to the end of the adventure and join the psi corps. I assume that that is what happened right after she beat Vriska up.

If it didn't work like that, what would happen to all the Aradiabots that need to travel back in time BE?

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8522 on: September 17, 2010, 12:32:25 pm »

Of course, since there are now several xillion Aradiabots, there are several million aradiabots' worth of DOOM in their universe.

Is it any wonder that it is suddenly subject to Old Scratch?
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #8523 on: September 17, 2010, 12:50:33 pm »

No, that can't be right. If an error happens before Endboss, Aradia obviously travels backwards in time to fix it. This creates a potentially successful timeline that has two Aradias; the one it had already, and the one who just changed the timeline. The superfluous Aradia is doomed anyway, so it would make sense for her to skip to the end of the adventure and join the psi corps. I assume that that is what happened right after she beat Vriska up.

If it didn't work like that, what would happen to all the Aradiabots that need to travel back in time BE?

Okay, that makes sense.

I don't know really know what's going on with the Aradia that beat up Vriska. It's easy to lose track of which Aradia is doing what, but I think that might be the original Aradia, skipping to the future to preview what happens for herself, instead of just reading about it in a memo, and because all her future selves have already done all the work she can freely travel through the successful timeline without dooming herself. I think that's what the soulbot video log is; original Aradia's video record of the end of the game. With all the Aradias around it would be easy enough for the original one to blend in and preview stuff. Then she'll go back and make things happen the way she already knows is going to happen.

Sort of like reading a book, and skipping to read the ending. Then you go back and read everything up to that point, but you have an idea of what's going to happen.

And I don't think Aradia beating up Vriska was timeline management duty or even to wake Vriska up. That was pure revenge.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #8524 on: September 17, 2010, 01:30:26 pm »

Quote from: ToonyMan's review of Homestuck on June 2th
Although Homestuck has everything good about it there is a few flaws I would like to point out, I know this is a matter of opinion, but bear(RAWR) with me. The trolls...aren't being used well. The trolls were OK near the beginning when they were new and everything, but at present time the trolls haven't done shit. I wish we could see some actual progression from them, oh well. From the looks of the updates it's going to be soon.

H33 H33 H33 H4 H4 H4

Elegy

• Bay Watcher
  • sw33ter than sugar :33
    • View Profile
« Reply #8525 on: September 17, 2010, 01:31:39 pm »

Although Homestuck has everything good about it there is a few flaws I would like to point out, I know this is a matter of opinion, but bear(RAWR) with me. The trolls...aren't being used well. The trolls were OK near the beginning when they were new and everything, but at present time the trolls haven't done shit. I wish we could see some actual progression from them, oh well. From the looks of the updates it's going to be soon.

H33 H33 H33 H4 H4 H4

what a 8rainless idi8.
You could check announcements.txt and see what events might trigger that line.

EDIT: And hide all your picnic baskets.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8526 on: September 17, 2010, 01:34:03 pm »

H33 H33 H33 H4 H4 H4

what a 8rainless idi8.
Yeah ToonyMan, wwhat wwould evver make you think that?
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8527 on: September 17, 2010, 01:48:05 pm »

However, if the other timelines were doomed, doesn't the rift make the prime timeline doomed as well?

Sburb/Sgrub probably has an infinite number of branched timelines and multiverses. Either they are ALL dead ends or there is one or a few timelines that actually work.

Then theres the whole cloning and sending back in time...... Maybe Sburb/Sgrub are in fact, infinite loops?
« Last Edit: September 17, 2010, 01:49:42 pm by smjjames »

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8528 on: September 17, 2010, 02:07:45 pm »

Vriska's awakening could well have been key to the trolls victory.

Aradia could be Trolling Vriska.

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8529 on: September 17, 2010, 02:59:10 pm »

Question, how often does this Homestuck thing update? Or in other words, I'm reading up to six-seven updates weekly; when can I join this discussion too?

Back  of the envelope calculations suggest...
About a year after it's over.

Anyway, looks like we finally see what boondollars can be used for - fraymotifs!

Mother of god! I hope you guys seriously aren't kidding!
"OH NO! That carp is gulping at me menacingly, even though it cannot really threaten me from here on land!  I KNOW! I'll dodge into the water, where I'll be safe!"

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:avatar's cuteness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8530 on: September 17, 2010, 03:02:46 pm »

Question, how often does this Homestuck thing update? Or in other words, I'm reading up to six-seven updates weekly; when can I join this discussion too?

Back  of the envelope calculations suggest...
About a year after it's over.

Anyway, looks like we finally see what boondollars can be used for - fraymotifs!

Mother of god! I hope you guys seriously aren't kidding!

Dude, this comic typically gets like 10 pages a day.
Quote from: Solifuge
A catgirl, whom oft it would please
To dine on a pizza, with cheese,
Thought it was quite fine
To be partly feline,
Excepting the hairballs and fleas.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8531 on: September 17, 2010, 03:02:56 pm »

Please, Andrew updates six-seven times a week sometimes.

ninja'd...
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

The Doctor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8532 on: September 17, 2010, 03:24:23 pm »

We aren't kidding. Would it be so hard to just click the next button a few times a day?

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8533 on: September 17, 2010, 03:37:26 pm »

If you're reading about 7 pages a day, you might catch up, what with the occasional break or animation binge. But I don't think you will.

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8534 on: September 17, 2010, 03:57:13 pm »

I don't know really know what's going on with the Aradia that beat up Vriska. It's easy to lose track of which Aradia is doing what, but I think that might be the original Aradia, skipping to the future to preview what happens for herself, instead of just reading about it in a memo, and because all her future selves have already done all the work she can freely travel through the successful timeline without dooming herself. I think that's what the soulbot video log is; original Aradia's video record of the end of the game. With all the Aradias around it would be easy enough for the original one to blend in and preview stuff. Then she'll go back and make things happen the way she already knows is going to happen.

Sort of like reading a book, and skipping to read the ending. Then you go back and read everything up to that point, but you have an idea of what's going to happen.

And I don't think Aradia beating up Vriska was timeline management duty or even to wake Vriska up. That was pure revenge.
The memo was only started like two hours after they beat the Black King. It was done by the Final apocalypseArisen, the one who continues to exist and live with the other trolls on the meteor. At least that's what the timestamps suggest.

As for Aradia beating Vriska up just because, yeah, that's quite possible. She said she was sorry for making her boyfriend kill her. Some people just can't forgive. :P
Pages: 1 ... 567 568 [569] 570 571 ... 3524