Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 523 524 [525] 526 527 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5121924 times)

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA: There Could Be An Update RIGHT NOW
« Reply #7860 on: September 08, 2010, 02:51:02 pm »

That's all well and good and I like it, but Hussie more or less promised the sky,
Terezi got the sky!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7861 on: September 08, 2010, 02:52:30 pm »

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7862 on: September 08, 2010, 02:53:17 pm »

I'm starting to get the impression that Skaia is not the innocent center of untapped creative potential we've been assuming it to be. The Alternian sun blinded Terezi, but what about Dream Terezi? It's hard to tell if she's also blinded, but if so, it would be Skaia's doing.
Somthing else bothers me. For a while I've been going on the assumption that one's dream self is determined by the person in question's introspective view. Thus why we have two Dream Solluxes and no Dream Aradia, and posslibly (but now in doubt) why Dream Terezi is blind. However, in the flash Dream Vriska still has a biological arm, throwing my entire idea out the window.

Oh, and Vriska is almost certainly alive. We have seen from Sollux that a dream self can go on without its real self, but we know all the trolls "survive" in one way or another to communicate with the kids.

Warning- while you were typing 8 9 10 new replies have been posted. You may wish to review your post.
Oh, for the love of Lord English.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7863 on: September 08, 2010, 02:53:32 pm »

"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7864 on: September 08, 2010, 02:55:57 pm »

No, Eridan's been the pansy of the group for far too long. A wildly misguided, outright homicidal quest for vengeance against imagined wrongs against him would be FAR MORE THAN ENOUGH to catapult him straight from least favorite to MOST favorite troll.
It's still the same if he's going after Feferi though, heh.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #7865 on: September 08, 2010, 02:57:44 pm »

I think that might be my favorite close up of anything in MSPA. John shaking his fist at the imps on his pogo ride and pretty much any shot of SS glaring at anything through those slits he sees through come close though.

I'm starting to get the impression that Skaia is not the innocent center of untapped creative potential we've been assuming it to be. The Alternian sun blinded Terezi, but what about Dream Terezi? It's hard to tell if she's also blinded, but if so, it would be Skaia's doing.
Somthing else bothers me. For a while I've been going on the assumption that one's dream self is determined by the person in question's introspective view. Thus why we have two Dream Solluxes and no Dream Aradia, and posslibly (but now in doubt) why Dream Terezi is blind. However, in the flash Dream Vriska still has a biological arm, throwing my entire idea out the window.

In Terezi's and Karkat's most recent conversation Terezi theorized that her dreamself is blind because that's what she projects herself as. She doesn't really want to able to see.

Tavros wants to walk and Vriska isn't too happy about losing her eye and arm, so that's what they project their dreamselves to be.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7866 on: September 08, 2010, 02:58:16 pm »

No, Eridan's been the pansy of the group for far too long. A wildly misguided, outright homicidal quest for vengeance against imagined wrongs against him would be FAR MORE THAN ENOUGH to catapult him straight from least favorite to MOST favorite troll.
It's still the same if he's going after Feferi though, heh.

Then let his petty revenge fantasy include'em BOTH then! I want some fighting! I want blood! With everyone involved! I won't be satisfied until the battlefield looks like a motherfucking rainbow just puked it's guts out!

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7867 on: September 08, 2010, 02:59:09 pm »

Terezi said, if coyly, that her dream-self was blind because she didn't want to see.  Aradia's is dead, Sollux's was identical to his normal self (and apparently either his lacked the dream-like personality of dream-selves, or having returned to the waking world, acts like a normal person).  We already knew Vriska's dream-self still had it's 7eye, so I suspect, given the way she acts, that Vriska never let go of her old vision-eightfold self image, hence the fetishistic breaking of eightballs and such.  (And yeah, Tavros' still has legs because he still wants legs.)  Also note that we don't actually know what she looks like concurrent to the kids' game, only that she's still alive and doing stuff.
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #7868 on: September 08, 2010, 03:04:04 pm »

The difference between dream selves and normal selves seems a lot like identical people except dream versions can fly. I mean, there isn't really a 'dream world' per se. Prospit and Derse aren't restricted to the dreamfolk, they're just places. And seeing as the planets and Skaia are all nearby, and there's atmosphere around the entire Medium, having a dreamself is really like never having to take a break to sleep and you can fly half the time, only half of the time you magically appear somewhere else.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #7869 on: September 08, 2010, 03:05:03 pm »

Dream Vriska's hero mode looks like Jade.
Shoes...

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7870 on: September 08, 2010, 03:17:50 pm »

Yea, there was a brief image near the very end (right before the slap) where her position was EXACTLY the same as we saw Jade in once. Probably Hussie reusing sprites there.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7871 on: September 08, 2010, 03:19:28 pm »

Yea, there was a brief image near the very end (right before the slap) where her position was EXACTLY the same as we saw Jade in once. Probably Hussie reusing sprites there.
Or planting subliminal messages that will cause all his fans to eventually suffer a psycological break and buy all his products.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Bandages

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7872 on: September 08, 2010, 03:21:30 pm »

Vriska takes so much crap from every character, though.

Ugh, she is so likable because of how pathetic she is, and still she is just whomped every fucking scene in this flash.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #7873 on: September 08, 2010, 03:22:33 pm »

Or it could just be a callback.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7874 on: September 08, 2010, 03:25:46 pm »

Watching this again, I think is going to shut down his comic for a week to let other people draw half his flash for him, he could either A) post some of the art, or B) screen it more.  The high-color stuff is all great, but some of the extra, other-people-made character sprites are just plain ugly.
Pages: 1 ... 523 524 [525] 526 527 ... 3524