Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 493 494 [495] 496 497 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5121885 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA: Your Love Could Be Explained With Memos
« Reply #7410 on: September 01, 2010, 04:52:14 pm »

So, the real question is "Why does Sburb run at all?"  I guess it has to be in Lord English's interests somehow.

Yes, I've been working under the assumption that successfully playing Sgrub/Sburb is in fact essential to Lord English's plans.
My thoughts are that it's just Weird Time Shit to end the universe for Lord English.

1. Lord English wants to eat the universe, but can't untill its end, greatly drawn out by entropy.
2. Lord Engish makes the First Guardians, so that they will spurn on sentient life.
3. Civilizations arise, and Sburb is introduced.
4. The stable time loop of the Reckoning ensures the civilization's destruction, sans the players (who are also fully created by Sburb), so that Sburb can be played without any chance of outsiders causing problems.
5. At some point, the players bring about the end of the universe through Sburb.
6. ? ? ?
7. Profit!

Also, about the idea of Dad being a joker: In many card games, the joker exists for extra rules, to do what you want it to do. And played right, even a Joker can defeat an Ace.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #7411 on: September 01, 2010, 04:52:40 pm »

I'm still wondering about Dad, though. Skaia had no direct hand in his creation that we know of, so he's the wild card.
You're saying that John's dad is a joker?
I had some misgivings about the idea of Dad Saves the World before, but now you've clinched it.  That's the plan.  Son of a bitch, it's so obvious now, and I bet Hussie would say the same.

It makes it even worse if Josh successfully called the 'John is Lord English' thing.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7412 on: September 01, 2010, 04:56:59 pm »

Dad's existence isn't totally independent of Skaia. He's Nanna's son, so the real question is, who was Dad's... well, dad.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #7413 on: September 01, 2010, 04:58:04 pm »

Dad's existence isn't totally independent of Skaia. He's Nanna's son, so the real question is, who was Dad's... well, dad.

Probably Hagrid, given Dad's immense strength.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #7414 on: September 01, 2010, 05:45:40 pm »

SUPER 6x CROSSOVER COMBO

But really, I agree that dad may or may not be the joker, and hussie sure as hell planned this shit all alnog, because dad hass the harleqins!!!!1
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7415 on: September 01, 2010, 05:51:53 pm »

Of course, the other thing I'm wondering is how you get a jack in a chess motive.  But then I'm used to mixed gaming metaphors by now.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #7416 on: September 01, 2010, 05:55:55 pm »

Of course, the other thing I'm wondering is how you get a jack in a chess motive.  But then I'm used to mixed gaming metaphors by now.

There's a chess motif and a playing card motif. Jack is 'Spades Slick' in one universe, and as he killed his immediate superiors, the king and queen, he's now the Ace of Spades.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7417 on: September 01, 2010, 05:56:45 pm »

So far, we've had themes from chess, playing cards (not just Poker per se), and billiards, plus the "normal" astrological signs, and a fair bit of references to board games, both in some current Fetch Modii and left over from Problem Sleuth and its Sudoku bits.  We still need some darts, checkers, cross-words, the Chinese calendar, Tic-Tac-Toe, hopscotch, 20 Questions, Red Rover, bowling, and Mastermind.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7418 on: September 01, 2010, 05:58:22 pm »

I would hope the house building sections will use Jenga sometime soon. Hopefully.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #7419 on: September 01, 2010, 05:58:38 pm »

Ooh! And Labyrinth.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7420 on: September 01, 2010, 06:00:18 pm »

I would hope the house building sections will use Jenga sometime soon. Hopefully.

Jade already tried using Jenga as a Fetch Modus.  I don't know if that rules it out for future use, or qualifies it as references material to be used over and over once Jade gets in the game.

I'd say we need some Tetris too, but that's too much of a videogame explicitly more than a game in theory.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #7421 on: September 01, 2010, 06:04:10 pm »

I'd say that Jack did not become Ace until he reached the other side and promoted. But why would an archagent be a pawn?

IDE/THEORY:
Lord English is not omnimalevolent. He's actually a product of Sburb sent to clean up and fix glitches for some transdimensional game devs.

IDE/THEORY:
Lord English is the universe.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7422 on: September 01, 2010, 06:05:10 pm »

There's a chess motif and a playing card motif. Jack is 'Spades Slick' in one universe, and as he killed his immediate superiors, the king and queen, he's now the Ace of Spades.
Yeah... but they sortof cross randomly.  I mean, what suit is the white side?

On an irrelevant note, there is a little known 13th Zodiac symbol, "Ophiuchus", the Serpent Bearer.  Odds of a new troll entering?

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7423 on: September 01, 2010, 06:07:34 pm »

On an irrelevant note, there is a little known 13th Zodiac symbol, "Ophiuchus", the Serpent Bearer.  Odds of a new troll entering?
If Hussie finds a fan theory he likes and he can wriggle it in, then very high.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #7424 on: September 01, 2010, 06:07:54 pm »

0%
The thirteenth troll is dead via Vast Glubbing.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.
Pages: 1 ... 493 494 [495] 496 497 ... 3524