Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 491 492 [493] 494 495 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5121769 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA: Your Love Could Be Explained With Memos
« Reply #7380 on: September 01, 2010, 12:29:25 pm »

consider that any two trolls of any gender can supply genetic material to the mother grub.

Where does it say that?

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #7381 on: September 01, 2010, 12:31:44 pm »

Kanaya is red for a girl.

If homosexual relationships couldn't produce genetic material they probably wouldn't have them, seeing as the imperial drone will kick your ass if you don't give it genetic material.
Shoes...

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #7382 on: September 01, 2010, 12:33:36 pm »

And Kanaya may have been red for Vriska before, so she's the only canonically homosexual troll, not counting everything Tavros has going with Dave. It's hard to tell where Dave is being ironic and Tavros is just being Tavros.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #7383 on: September 01, 2010, 12:36:42 pm »

Tavros may be accidentally gay with Dave without meaning to. Dave is being ironic by insinuating he's a homosexual. Wether or not he follows through we hopefully will never find out.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7384 on: September 01, 2010, 12:50:07 pm »

Kanaya is red for a girl.

If homosexual relationships couldn't produce genetic material they probably wouldn't have them, seeing as the imperial drone will kick your ass if you don't give it genetic material.

Wasn't it implied in an earlier conversation that Kanaya was red for Rose? I don't know, if that's the case, then non-reproductive homosexuality exists in a society that actively kills members that don't reproduce by a certain deadline, which seems wholly possible to me.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #7385 on: September 01, 2010, 12:52:56 pm »

It was implied by Dave, and Dave can be kind of... Dave, you know?
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #7386 on: September 01, 2010, 12:55:20 pm »

Wasn't it implied in an earlier conversation that Kanaya was red for Rose? I don't know, if that's the case, then non-reproductive homosexuality exists in a society that actively kills members that don't reproduce by a certain deadline, which seems wholly possible to me.

I don't think that was ever implied, but it's easy enough to put two and two together. It's even easier when Kanaya imagines Rose is a troll.

Also, somebody please agree with me that when Karkat said he thought his kismesis was himself, they instantly thought of John like I did.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #7387 on: September 01, 2010, 12:57:32 pm »

We're all putting way too much thought in this.

I think:

Anyone can reproduce with anyone, sex doesn't matter (Although maybe hetero is considered normal).

Also, were all the SBaHJ comics uploaded at the same time?  They were all in existence when I first found them.  Did Dave take "broad-side school fed up the bone bulge" from Tavros or was it another of those crazy self-referential things?

And no, I didn't think of John.
Shoes...

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7388 on: September 01, 2010, 01:20:37 pm »

Clearly, a Lusus is a male troll king, opposite a queen.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7389 on: September 01, 2010, 01:25:55 pm »

I think:

Anyone can reproduce with anyone, sex doesn't matter (Although maybe hetero is considered normal).

It may simply be that when trolls feel strong romantic or hateful feelings for other trolls, their bodies produce genetic material on it's own. Seeing as how it's all getting thrown into the same incestuous slurry anyhow, it might not be important to even HAVE a partner.

I don't know, crazy unimportant speculation.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #7390 on: September 01, 2010, 01:27:39 pm »

...that could explain Equis's 'sweating', and their reaction to it.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #7391 on: September 01, 2010, 01:30:56 pm »

I think:

It may simply be that when trolls feel strong romantic or hateful feelings for other trolls, their bodies produce genetic material on it's own. Seeing as how it's all getting thrown into the same incestuous slurry anyhow, it might not be important to even HAVE a partner.

It's important. The strength of the emotional connection, whether hate or love, determines which genetic combinations rise to the forefront of the incestual slurry.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7392 on: September 01, 2010, 01:35:27 pm »

Which makes me wonder: I wonder how Kismesis' play out.

Is it like, just two trolls hating eachother so much that they just decide to do it? I don't know.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #7393 on: September 01, 2010, 01:37:55 pm »

I think someone said that it was a prank war so bad that both the trolls threw up in the bucket together.

That's some damn strong hating right there.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7394 on: September 01, 2010, 01:43:44 pm »

...that could explain Equis's 'sweating', and their reaction to it.
Oh come on. Everybody knows that trolls produce the genetic material by kissing each other and then vomiting into a pail.

Also, were all the SBaHJ comics uploaded at the same time?  They were all in existence when I first found them.  Did Dave take "broad-side school fed up the bone bulge" from Tavros or was it another of those crazy self-referential things?
Nah, one at a time. We even see him making one every now and then. I think he got the line from Tavros, although I'm not quite sure on the timeline.

Also, Andrew has gone on record saying that troll biology will take any form required for the joke he is currently making. He has also said that troll facial features are actually a bunch of exotic genitals that just look a bit like angry faces, and that their real faces are on their chests. I have nothing to say to that.
Pages: 1 ... 491 492 [493] 494 495 ... 3524