Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 490 491 [492] 493 494 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5121867 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA: Your Love Could Be Explained With Memos
« Reply #7365 on: September 01, 2010, 05:42:38 am »

Whatever happens, I just personally want to see kids break the game and/or evade death by somehow hopping from their world to the troll's, or vice versa.

That'd be hella interesting.

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7366 on: September 01, 2010, 05:47:23 am »

I think there's a noticeable difference though in how the "Time-physics" of the Kid's world and the Troll's world work. Alternia is in paradox space, and have easy readily available access to things that seemingly cannot exist, like Trollian's trans-timeline communication. However, Karkat and the other trolls seem bound by predestination in that while they have knowledge of the future, they can't control their actions enough to actually change the future, which is what I guess allows paradox space to work in the first place.

However, Dave, having access to time travel, was able to go back and alter the timeline so John wouldn't kill himself accidentally against his denizen at the troll's prodding. Altering the timeline in this way is something the trolls have yet to be able to do, even with similar technology. Then again, Dave IS the Knight of Time, so special rules my only be applicable to him.
Karkat talks about time travel. Several times. It seems to be a common part of the game. I see no reason to assume Aradia wouldn't have a Time Lyre or something silly like that and be able to change history all she wants. That is of little help since the trolls aren't noticing any specific mistakes they made. As far as they know, they played this game as they should and played it well. And she knew what would happen because the voices of the dead told her so. Maybe she just doesn't care about the rift? It's been foretold, like many things were, and there's no point in resisting it. Or maybe she's jumped back in time like fifty times, trying things differently again and again and they now have a veritable army of Soulbots.

And while humans could probably change their future or past so that the rift never happens, that wouldn't actually help the trolls. They'd just be in separate timelines and unable to talk to each other, or whatever it was that happened when... :o

IDE/THEORY: The reason trolls never talked to Dave and Rose in the bad timeline is that the rift never happened and they had no incentive to contact the kids. Terezi's plan WORKED until Dave traveled back in time.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #7367 on: September 01, 2010, 05:54:26 am »

Dave you bastard saving your friends!

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #7368 on: September 01, 2010, 06:28:21 am »

I'm starting to think Miracles is Andrew's favorite song.
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #7369 on: September 01, 2010, 07:31:53 am »

EDIT: Oh, right, the trolls DON'T know what went wrong. Maybe they are wrong and the Rift happened independently of all this. Maybe the stupid game is unwinnable. Congratulations, Skaia saved, a winner is you. The timeline will collapse in 4:12:59:57. The purpose of the game is still a mystery. Save Skaia, the source of all creativity. Then what? What's supposed to happen when you do that? What happens if you fail?

I'm fairly certain that Skaia is one of Lord English's engines. Winning requires several stable time loops that we've seen; for example, we know that Karkat is responsible for his friends' existence in the same way John is. Speaking of which, I realized who the wild card is:

Mr. Egbert.

Grandpa and Mom both helped with the development of Sgrub. Either they are not fully aware of its purpose, or they were deceived as to what it was for. As well, they were both born due to ectobiology, as is every single one of the major pieces in Sgrub, all except for Dad. Is Dad the wrench in the machine? He's the only one who is so far seen to be unaffected directly by the weird time shit, and he has been investigating the meteors for a while. Could he be the breaker?

I'm still going with my "Jack is the game breaker", of course, because that's the one that makes the most sense to me. This is due to the conjunction of the First Guardians with the apparent destructive nature of Sgrub/Sburb. A Guardian's purpose is to shepherd a planet towards intelligent life, right? Which would entail developing or discovering the game - reinforcing the stable time loop that ensures that Lord English will be summoned at the proper time.

This is probably what his Cairo Overcoat is for, to monitor all the tears in paradox space and ensure they are fixed.

The destruction of Alternia and Earth isn't something that happens if they fail right? So it is basically inevitable, like Nannaquin says. So I don't know where that fits in. But it's been stated that the point of the game isn't to save the world, unlike what Sollux and John thought... Yeah, I'm thinking this is partly Lord English's doing.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #7370 on: September 01, 2010, 11:38:01 am »

What I want to know is what a bone bulge is.  Sometimes it sounds like it's their head or brain, sometimes their dick, I have no idea.
Shoes...

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7371 on: September 01, 2010, 11:42:16 am »

What I want to know is what a bone bulge is.  Sometimes it sounds like it's their head or brain, sometimes their dick, I have no idea.

Well, IIRC, they use the phrase even when referring to female trolls, so I don't think it's sexual. I'm thinking it's their horns, because that's just the sort of literal-ist perspective I prefer in this world.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #7372 on: September 01, 2010, 11:54:02 am »

No, they refer to horns separately, and always say "bone bulge" as a singular thing.
Shoes...

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #7373 on: September 01, 2010, 11:57:11 am »

Also, Karkat's "polish my bone bulge". Tell me that doesn't sound like what it does, because it does.

On the other hand, he also said something like "get it through your thick bone bulge" or something like that, which sounds a lot like "get it through your thick skull". Possibilities: either Karkat is referring to his skull, or their sexual organs are also what they think with. And considering all this romance flying around, the latter is very possible.
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7374 on: September 01, 2010, 12:01:03 pm »

The trolls have a very unusual culture as is, what with their seed flaps, protein chutes, bone bulges, kismesis, auspistices, moirails, imperial drones, and incestuous slurries, I wouldn't be surprised if they were referring to an action that is supposed to have an alien meaning to human minds.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #7375 on: September 01, 2010, 12:05:20 pm »

I dunno, their Load Gaper and Ablution Trap are exactly what they seem. No idea about the seed flap, but the protein chute is probably their mouth.

Besides

CT: D---> Only the filthy lower castes use that disgusting language
CT: D---> B100 bloods e100cidate in a clearer and more elegant fashion

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #7376 on: September 01, 2010, 12:07:46 pm »

And when John told Terezi (I think, the blind one) that Karkat wanted her to touch his bone lump she was all WH4T!!!

Maybe it's all one organ.  They are bone bulges.
Shoes...

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #7377 on: September 01, 2010, 12:20:12 pm »

there's also the distinct possibility that troll genders are meaningless, and bone bulge means exactly what it sounds like, and they all have one.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7378 on: September 01, 2010, 12:26:21 pm »

there's also the distinct possibility that troll genders are meaningless, and bone bulge means exactly what it sounds like, and they all have one.

That doesn't really make sense though, because if troll genders were meaningless then why would they go through the trouble of making obvious distinctions between masculine and feminine appearances, and why would they adopt the words "He" and "She" into their vocabularies if they didn't make an important distinction?

I'm more than happy to accept that bone bulges will forever remain a mystery.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #7379 on: September 01, 2010, 12:28:31 pm »

consider that any two trolls of any gender can supply genetic material to the mother grub.
Pages: 1 ... 490 491 [492] 493 494 ... 3524