Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 482 483 [484] 485 486 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5122982 times)

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA: Your Love Could Be Explained With Memos
« Reply #7245 on: August 30, 2010, 08:02:26 am »

The exiles hideouts are based on the Cruxite Thingamajiggers...The bits from the pre-punched cards. The apple, the bottle, and the egg are the ones that show up in the kids session so far...

Which means one of the trolls got a Cruxite skull on their pre-punched card, I guess?

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #7246 on: August 30, 2010, 08:34:39 am »

Aimless Renegade didn't have a base, but he was at the Frog Temple from the start, so that sort of counted as his.

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7247 on: August 30, 2010, 08:51:34 am »

Well, the ones I can remember;

BQ/Snowman - Fort looks like the head(s) of Tinkerbull and Mother Grub.
CD - Spindly-Six-Legged thing. Possibly Vriska's, though I don't think it counts. Did any of the other Lusii have insect legs?
WV - Apple.
WQ - An egg.
I thought Clubs' base looked like Karkat's crab computer. And Snowman's base is definitely the skull of a mother grub.
Also, PM had the apple that grew over John's site. WV had the cylinder that grew over Rose's site, which has been theorized to be the cork of a bottle.

Jade is an interesting case. Her site doesn't actually seem to have a crater, leading to a number of fan theories of increasing complexity. I like the one where Becquerel teleports the meteor to the past. Even more I like the one where Becquerel teleports to the past with the meteor, and the puppy Diamonds created is a red herring. Or rather, foreshadows something else entirely, while Bec is the herring.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7248 on: August 30, 2010, 08:56:58 am »

I choose to believe it will all be resolved in a very obvious and foreseeable manner, after we get back to the kids and Jade starts playing.  Then the remaining lab will be found and Jade will be subjected to at least AR's babbling instructions, and possible all four exiles since they're all right there.

Also, that skull thing that Snowman is inside, it is a mother-grub skull, but we also saw one on the Doomsday Scale where Terezi's dragon was waiting to be born.  It was about as big as Snowman's, where Kanaya's lusus was pretty small.  That said, it could well be the lab associated to Kan, but ultimately, it doesn't seem to matter too much.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7249 on: August 30, 2010, 10:10:51 am »

@Sodareqm: I agree there with clubs base looking like Karkats crab computer, which is pretty cool actually.

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7250 on: August 30, 2010, 10:18:47 am »

I expect that virgin mother grubs are smaller than brooding mother grubs. All the organs they normally use for storing and processing the incestuous slurry and gestating the birth cocoons and other biological things have atrophied.

Anyway, we know that it's Kanaya's lab because of the red Frog Temple right outside it. The kids had VW use Rose's lab to control her client player John, and WQ use Dave's Egg Base to control his client player Rose, but it's not clear at all whether the trolls have anything like this, or if it's an actual pattern or just random. BQ tried to use Kanaya's base to control Vriska, though. And there's a fan theory that links Terezi's hanged puppets with the Felt, because the server-exile link would place the Felt manor right at her tree.

Speaking of the scalemates, oh my god she colored some statues to look like them! :D Why hello, Mr. Senator. Haven't seen you in a while. What have you been doing? Just hanging around?

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7251 on: August 30, 2010, 10:28:05 am »

Speaking of the scalemates, oh my god she colored some statues to look like them! :D Why hello, Mr. Senator. Haven't seen you in a while. What have you been doing? Just hanging around?

Yea I saw that. Hope she doesn't treat the actual natives that way. Speaking of the natives, does anybody think Karkats natives are turtles? Then again, that room he is in when he was doing the memos looks like it might be Terezeis world, based on the color.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #7252 on: August 30, 2010, 01:54:44 pm »

Yeah, but Spades at least is controlling Karkat from the point directly at the end of the intermission. It would at least explain the desert.

On the other hand, the other members of the Crew are alive...

They won't be for long.

/sore point

Yea I saw that. Hope she doesn't treat the actual natives that way. Speaking of the natives, does anybody think Karkats natives are turtles? Then again, that room he is in when he was doing the memos looks like it might be Terezeis world, based on the color.

I figured it was Tavros' land from the way pieces of that turtle have been placed on the wall, but Terezi's land makes more sense since by the time Karkat connects to Sollux he's made it as far as Gamzee's land.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7253 on: August 30, 2010, 02:00:45 pm »

I assumed from the progressive looping-circuit of the gates that there's no way for a player to go back to a world they've already been to, short of going all the way round again (and dropping out of the sky).  Come to think of it, if the Trolls still have seven gates each, they wouldn't even make it all the way around their planets before reaching the ending, whatever that was.  I'll have to go back and reread Hussie's explanation of the kids' gates.

Therefor, I'm pretty sure Karkat is on Tavros' world, in one of the puzzle-temples he left unsolved.  I remember the puzzles being turtles.  Can't wait to see what happens when he catches up with those crazy kids on LOMAT and their pointless sidequests.

Funny that, Vriska hated Tavros' side-quests because they were pseudo-legend puzzles.  She obviously loves the shit out of finding chestfuls of Boonbucks that she can't spend on anything, to throw on her already mountainous pile of lewts.
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
  • It's way too late to stop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7254 on: August 30, 2010, 02:32:38 pm »

Theory: Each team has six people, so maybe they only go through their teammate's lands and then number seven is the destination.

Ninteen45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7255 on: August 30, 2010, 02:34:07 pm »

Plus, they probably contain stuff that tavros needs, as he hasn't killed a damn thing the whole game, not counting his lusus.

I started some sweet fires, bro!
Max characters: 500; characters remaining: 395
Images in your signature must be no higher than 80 pixels.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #7256 on: August 30, 2010, 03:11:45 pm »

Ah god damn it Tavros cliffhanger.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7257 on: August 30, 2010, 03:14:04 pm »

Ah god damn it Tavros cliffhanger.

Dammit, you made me check the site.

That should be the title of the thread in perpetuity.  MSPA: It could have updated RIGHT NOW!

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #7258 on: August 30, 2010, 03:29:14 pm »

Therefor, I'm pretty sure Karkat is on Tavros' world, in one of the puzzle-temples he left unsolved.  I remember the puzzles being turtles.  Can't wait to see what happens when he catches up with those crazy kids on LOMAT and their pointless sidequests.

No, it's gotta be Terezi's world.

Trollian's timeline view provides a useful reference: The bars represent when each player enters the game. At the time Karkat writes his memo, Eridan, Feferi, and Sollux have not yet entered the game. Since Karkat is on Gamzee's world when he gets Sollux into the game, he can't be on Tavros' world unless he's gone through the whole cycle incredibly fast, which doesn't seem all that likely. So this is either Terezi's world or Gamzee's world, and since Gamzee's world looks like a circus and isn't full of cool looking ruins, it's most likely Terezi's world.

Also, the puzzles on Tavros' world are frogs, not turtles. This is probably an abandoned puzzle by Terezi or a puzzle Karkat is in the process of solving.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7259 on: August 30, 2010, 03:35:00 pm »

I hate time travel I hate time travel I hate time travel.

Good catch by the way.
Pages: 1 ... 482 483 [484] 485 486 ... 3524