Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 466 467 [468] 469 470 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5126480 times)

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA: Trolls, Taste the Double Rainbow
« Reply #7005 on: August 28, 2010, 02:05:39 pm »

The best part of Pesterchum was finding a name. I was so happy I got to use 'plinth.' It's a wicked word that I rarely find the chance to use :D

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #7006 on: August 28, 2010, 02:25:41 pm »

Now I'm sad that Pesterchum was a passing fad.  I want to be teraticCephalopod

I know, I can think of uses for it. But nobody uses it.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #7007 on: August 28, 2010, 02:34:02 pm »

Plinth is a cool word.
Shoes...

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7008 on: August 28, 2010, 02:48:51 pm »

There's only so many words that start with ATCG that make properly verbose and pretentious chumhandles.  Plus, mine shortens to AQ, which just makes sense.  Not that anybody is actually using it anymore.

I wouldn't be too concerned about Karkat banning himself from the bulletin board.  Even supposing that the system tracks the same person at two different times as two separate accounts (which it looks like it does, somehow), the whole point of using Trollian as a chat client is that the user can't be banned.  Or was it that Sollux used his apeshit bananas hacker skills to unban themselves?  In which case, he probably just unbans Karkat from his board.

Unless this is Hussie setting this up as why Karkat trolls the kids backwards in time.  But that still doesn't make any real temporal sense, and is way too straightforward.  Like CG said way back when, he planned it that way, presumably after they all got trapped on the asteroid.  In other words, Karkat's just doing his trolling incompetently because he's Karkat, which seems more likely to me.

Was anyone else a little weirded out by Sollux "laughing" in his post?  Seems out of character to me.  And now we know he's the biggest hero on Alternia.
PTA: oh 2HiiT iim bleediing
PTA: 2hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

Holy crap.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7009 on: August 28, 2010, 02:55:59 pm »

Yea, for a moment it does sound like he's just being overdramatic, but then you realize he is getting hit by the Vast Glub. Of course though, past Karkat doesn't realize it yet.

Chutney

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7010 on: August 28, 2010, 02:58:48 pm »

I just re-read Jade's penpal's letter.
It is like, Colonel Sassacre plus the kids combined so I am confused. It's like what Grandpa Harley would sound like if he was also John. Talkin' about fisticuffs and scrums but also saying "sooo boring" and "friggin hilarious" and "weekend at bernies"
This is the most mysterious part of Homestuck for me. This is the only part I care about now.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #7011 on: August 28, 2010, 03:02:07 pm »

Obvious prediction:

Karkat said he'll be the leader later, I bet he becomes the leader because of his freakish red blood.

Also, Jade's still alive, right?  She still has her real body.
Shoes...

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7012 on: August 28, 2010, 03:04:09 pm »

The Penpal is obviously future Jade who is actually young Grandpa Harley via sexchangifier.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7013 on: August 28, 2010, 03:05:28 pm »

Yea, for a moment it does sound like he's just being overdramatic, but then you realize he is getting hit by the Vast Glub. Of course though, past Karkat doesn't realize it yet.

No we know what Karkat was going "OH GOD WHAT HAVE I DONE" about.  He didn't actually do anything.  He just minimized Sollux, and was busy being an egotistical fuckwit on his bulletin board while his best bud was hemorrhaging to death.

It is like, Colonel Sassacre plus the kids combined so I am confused. It's like what Grandpa Harley would sound like if he was also John. Talkin' about fisticuffs and scrums but also saying "sooo boring" and "friggin hilarious" and "weekend at bernies"

Well, John is part Grandpa.  Half Grandpa?  Maybe that's where he got his (intrinsic) love of heartwarmingly bad movies?  Not that it totally explains how Grandpa would be watching Weekend at Bernie's, but then so much of this theory assumes that the Penpal is Grandpa as a kid.  While Jade was old enough to deal with him, Grandpa kept dolls dressed as knights and Napoleon lounging around his living room.  Presumably he was immature and crazy his whole life.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #7014 on: August 28, 2010, 03:17:25 pm »

And the psychic screams of every troll everywhere, who are all about to die because of the Vast Glub. Can't forget that.

I'm wondering, is Sollux heroic because of his circumstances or because he's just that kind of guy? Not to remove any of the heroics of his action, but he didn't really have a choice in the matter. It was either get Feferi and then himself into the game as fast as possible while under assault of the Vast Glub and psychic screams, or, heh, die trying.

Would any of the other trolls be as heroic, given the opportunity? They haven't been in peril like Sollux has.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7015 on: August 28, 2010, 03:39:35 pm »

I would think that if we were dealing with some of the other trolls, like Vriska or Ardia, they might let the others die in the glub as well just to spite them. Sollux has always been one of the better trolls. He's already exibited regret and self-loathing for some of his actions (Like the computer exploding curse virus), a far more human response to hurting others, even by proxy.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2010, 03:42:57 pm by MetalSlimeHunt »
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7016 on: August 28, 2010, 03:41:52 pm »

I have been ragging on them for a while, but I think the Bluebloods would be more callous about it.

The penpal does seem like Grandpa Harley as an adult and not as a kid. Or mayhaps a young adult and not an old man. Whatever. Still seems a lot like John, enough to make one remember Paradox Babies and everything.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #7017 on: August 28, 2010, 03:46:17 pm »

Maybe it's one of the half-babies.  The ones created before the actual babies.
Shoes...

Qmarx

• Bay Watcher
  • "?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #7018 on: August 28, 2010, 03:47:03 pm »

Time is linear except for all the time travel. And time travel happens all the time, so it really isn't linear in the slightest.
That actually sounds like dialog Andrew would write.

Yeah, but yours doesn't have the proper capitalization and it doesn't follow the AGTC rule.

Then again neither does EctoBiologist
because EctoBiologist is his new name he got because he was being trolled so much. His original one did follow the AGTC rule though, iirc.
Also, EB can be used as shorthand for Ethidium bromide, the marker used in DNA analysis

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #7019 on: August 28, 2010, 04:10:13 pm »

Time is linear except for all the time travel. And time travel happens all the time, so it really isn't linear in the slightest.
That actually sounds like dialog Andrew would write.

Yeah, but yours doesn't have the proper capitalization and it doesn't follow the AGTC rule.

Then again neither does EctoBiologist
because EctoBiologist is his new name he got because he was being trolled so much. His original one did follow the AGTC rule though, iirc.
Also, EB can be used as shorthand for Ethidium bromide, the marker used in DNA analysis

SHOCKING DEVELOPMENT!!!
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.
Pages: 1 ... 466 467 [468] 469 470 ... 3524