Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 463 464 [465] 466 467 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5127063 times)

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA: Trolls, Taste the Double Rainbow
« Reply #6960 on: August 28, 2010, 03:14:42 am »

Yeah, that was pretty stupid of him.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6961 on: August 28, 2010, 03:39:02 am »

Trollian just keeps racking up the badass features that ensure that while you troll other people, you get trolled yourself. Trans-timeline bulletin boards? Just absolutely brilliant.

Also, there seems to have been a gap several hours wide between Nepeta and Eridan entering. I presume shenanigans.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #6962 on: August 28, 2010, 03:40:35 am »

Trollian just keeps racking up the badass features that ensure that while you troll other people, you get trolled yourself. Trans-timeline bulletin boards? Just absolutely brilliant.

Actually this bizarre feature seems to support the idea that time within the Veil is linear. Sure, the trolls are trolling the kids at random points in the timeline, but that's only because Trollian is fucked up, not because of any chronological disconnect between their two timelines.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6963 on: August 28, 2010, 04:00:34 am »

Actually this bizarre feature seems to support the idea that time within the Veil is linear. Sure, the trolls are trolling the kids at random points in the timeline, but that's only because Trollian is fucked up, not because of any chronological disconnect between their two timelines.
What do you mean by "linear"? Sure, time flows forward, at a seemingly constant speed, and time between players entering is by all available evidence same on both sides. There's no Narnia Time. But, since both instances of the Incipisphere are only connected to the "real world" by means of Skaian meteor portals that can take to any point in time, establishing a common frame of reference is kind of tricky. Time is linear except for all the time travel. And time travel happens all the time, so it really isn't linear in the slightest.

And if we go by entering date, the trolls are a long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away. I forget if we ever got a number for how far into the past. Probably hundreds of millions of years.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #6964 on: August 28, 2010, 04:07:53 am »

Long before the earth was born, so at least 4 billion.

The Skaia defense mechanism, which is what sent the meteors away in the first place, I'd assumed was one of the few time-travel elements associated with the Medium. My backup for the "linear time, with a direct correspondence to the host world" theory is the fact that the Trolls entered in a specific order, Equius (or Karkat) first, and Sollux last. If there was no chronological correspondence, with the trolls having to enter in a certain order, the Mobius chain would be, essentially, irrelevant.
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6965 on: August 28, 2010, 04:18:50 am »

Wait, I thought the trolls were in the future, not the past.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #6966 on: August 28, 2010, 04:22:19 am »

No, their planet is much older than Earth, and (presumably) after the empire was destroyed by the Vast Glub and probably the Reckoning as well, the name was forgotten. Their civilization is dust by the time Homestuck starts.

However Rose's walkthrough was ripped out of time and space with her Dark Majyyk and placed on a server somewhere out there by the Noble Circle of HorrorTerrors for future (and past?) players of Sburb, which is why Kanaya was able to access it.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #6967 on: August 28, 2010, 04:23:47 am »

Wait, I thought the trolls were in the future, not the past.

That's actually a bit ambiguous.

On the one hand, the narrator tells us at the beginning of Act 5 that Earth is a planet that doesn't exist yet.

On the other hand, artifacts from the kids' sessions are littered all over Alternia and Rose's walkthrough is available for reading.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6968 on: August 28, 2010, 04:24:35 am »

Rose's walkthrough exists outside time, though.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #6969 on: August 28, 2010, 04:27:44 am »

Fair point.

But then wouldn't Rose be able to access the walkthrough she wrote herself? Nah, nevermind. Let's just call that a plot hole.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #6970 on: August 28, 2010, 04:29:29 am »

Oh my god

He's right

The kids should have been able to access Rose's walkthrough since the plot began...

Unless the only reason Kanaya can access it is because Sollux can access the Noble Circle's servers? After all, he found the code that will summon Lord English.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6971 on: August 28, 2010, 04:31:22 am »

Perhaps human's internet is not advanced enough to access it?

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #6972 on: August 28, 2010, 04:33:01 am »

Yeah, indications are that the kids are going to break the game so hard because of the power of GOING OFF THE RAILS! (humanity, fuck yeah, I guess)

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #6973 on: August 28, 2010, 04:40:34 am »

But wouldn't Rose have noticed that her walkthrough was already there when she used her magic to make the special server?

I'm telling ya, the kids' session came first.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6974 on: August 28, 2010, 04:42:24 am »

That is very odd. Perhaps the spell she used was a blind spell of sorts, in that she couldn't see the results but was assured by the Dark Gods that she did it right?

Maybe they prevented her access to it. Maybe there are a bunch of timelines and though they intertwine they are separate ones. Maybe my head hurts and I need to go lie down.
Pages: 1 ... 463 464 [465] 466 467 ... 3524