Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 434 435 [436] 437 438 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5126514 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA: Andrew is F**king Screwing With Us Man
« Reply #6525 on: August 22, 2010, 05:42:41 pm »

Keep in mind that Draconian Dignitary got the drop on him. Dave's badass, but he's still just a 13-year old with badass equipment. Somthing as simple as a knife to the neck would be fatal.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #6526 on: August 22, 2010, 05:45:03 pm »

He time traveled to his location, which should have allowed Dave to get the drop on him, not the other way around.

Anyway, I don't think Dignitary has Diamonds Droogs' level of experience with time travel yet, which is what would have allowed him to take out that way in the first place. Although it would be pretty cool if that was how he did it - you know, just leaving his knife in the exact place Dave would port into.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6527 on: August 22, 2010, 05:55:24 pm »

Keep in mind that Draconian Dignitary got the drop on him. Dave's badass, but he's still just a 13-year old with badass equipment. Somthing as simple as a knife to the neck would be fatal.
I'm not quite sure about that, actually. They have hit points, remember? It doesn't matter what kind of beating you take, if you still have that blue bar on your head afterwards, you're fine. Well, that hasn't really been consistent. Jack had his arm ripped off. And if you die of your hit points reaching zero, you'll be just as dead as if you would have died from getting your jugular torn open.

As for being beaten by a puppet, well, the puppet was wielded by Bro, AND it's a living nightmare puppet, who CAN teleport around on its own.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6528 on: August 22, 2010, 05:57:52 pm »

DD can stab you outside of Strife, thus avoiding that tricky blue bar.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6529 on: August 22, 2010, 05:58:25 pm »

AND it's a living nightmare puppet, who CAN teleport around on its own.

Actually, I'm pretty sure that was Bro playing a prank on Dave.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #6530 on: August 22, 2010, 05:59:57 pm »

It was, partly. But Lil Cal is also alive. He was born of Dave's nightmares about Lil Cal, thus existing on Derse in his room. He then arrived on Earth with baby Bro, which he then used to mess with Dave. Dream Cal = Lil Cal.

DD can stab you outside of Strife, thus avoiding that tricky blue bar.

I still prefer the explanation that he's a frighteningly cold customer who is just that good at fighting.
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6531 on: August 22, 2010, 06:02:53 pm »

Real or not, Lil Cal is the worst thing to have ever existed. He makes burly russian men cry for mercy.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6532 on: August 22, 2010, 06:22:41 pm »

It was, partly. But Lil Cal is also alive. He was born of Dave's nightmares about Lil Cal, thus existing on Derse in his room. He then arrived on Earth with baby Bro, which he then used to mess with Dave. Dream Cal = Lil Cal.
Also, Dream Cal can only teleport because Bro was playing pranks on Dave, moving the puppet behind his back, making it seem like it was teleporting, causing Dave to be afraid of the puppet moving on its own. Of all the stable time loops explained so far, this one has to be my favorite. :P

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6533 on: August 22, 2010, 06:30:47 pm »

Yeah, it's by far the funniest/creepiest one. Lil Cal is a nightmare based on itself.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #6534 on: August 22, 2010, 08:25:38 pm »

All this discussion about Spades Slick has made me wonder something.

Why did Doc Scratch tie the fate of the universe to Snowman's life and death? Lord English is a time traveler, so being able to control the exact moment the universe ends doesn't seem like it confers very many advantages.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6535 on: August 22, 2010, 08:28:40 pm »

Possibly he'd rather have an audience when it does.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6536 on: August 22, 2010, 08:28:58 pm »

It's hard to say. I can't figure out if Lord English will show up at the death of one universe or the death of all the universes. Same with what killing Snowman would do, in regards to either one or all.
No Gods, No Masters.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #6537 on: August 22, 2010, 09:08:16 pm »

being able to control the exact moment the universe ends doesn't seem like it confers very many advantages.

You sure? Seems rather advantageous if your master plan to bring yourself into the universe involves the universe dying, even if it's just to avoid the element of random chance. Time traveler or not, some of the exposition during the Doc Scratch sequence noted that part of the First Guardian's role was to manipulate the sequence of events in a way that would bring about the end of the universe and the introduction of Lord English into it. Even if he's already here, the plan still has to be carried out properly.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #6538 on: August 22, 2010, 09:13:33 pm »

being able to control the exact moment the universe ends doesn't seem like it confers very many advantages.

You sure? Seems rather advantageous if your master plan to bring yourself into the universe involves the universe dying, even if it's just to avoid the element of random chance. Time traveler or not, some of the exposition during the Doc Scratch sequence noted that part of the First Guardian's role was to manipulate the sequence of events in a way that would bring about the end of the universe and the introduction of Lord English into it. Even if he's already here, the plan still has to be carried out properly.

I figured it was, yes, Lord English bringing about the end of the universe via the agency of the First Guardians.

Remember, the biggest part of Homestuck so far is stable time loops. Lord English's summoning is already a foregone conclusion, because the universe will end the the code will execute, and he will arrive to feast on the corpse of the universe. The question is how. I think Sburb is furthering that end and allowing that time loop to remain stable, which is why Rose's gatebreaking is a very significant event. Since she's not playing by the rules anymore, perhaps they can prevent Lord English's summoning from occurring at all.

I think a big part of Lord English's interest in maintaining the timeline is displayed in his Cairo Overcoat. It probably exists as a warning to him that all is not right in Paradox Space, possibly interfering with his future summoning.

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6539 on: August 22, 2010, 09:46:57 pm »

Why is everybody spazzin over this?
Pages: 1 ... 434 435 [436] 437 438 ... 3524