Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 433 434 [435] 436 437 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5126538 times)

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA: Andrew is F**king Screwing With Us Man
« Reply #6510 on: August 22, 2010, 05:17:39 pm »

Yeah man, as Scurrilous Straggler, he's Karkat's exile.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #6511 on: August 22, 2010, 05:17:47 pm »

No wonder Spades' keyboard is getting so bloody. Well, aside from him missing an arm, he has to mash four equal signs before he can pound the '==>' button.

Why does Spades' keyboard not have '======>' button on it? His viewport has twelve windows, and everything else seems tailored to the trolls' session, but why not that?

Spades is getting blood all over that damn keyboard!

I guess this confirms that he's a canon character though?

I think this was confirmed as soon as we saw Alternia and its pink and green moons which showed up in the Intermission.

There was also a conversation John and Karkat had about Jack Noir where Karkat mentioned Spades Slick helped them out, and then later from a computer console as an exile.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6512 on: August 22, 2010, 05:22:43 pm »

Yeah man, as Scurrilous Straggler, he's Karkat's exile.
No wonder Spades' keyboard is getting so bloody. Well, aside from him missing an arm, he has to mash four equal signs before he can pound the '==>' button.

Why does Spades' keyboard not have '======>' button on it? His viewport has twelve windows, and everything else seems tailored to the trolls' session, but why not that?

Spades is getting blood all over that damn keyboard!

I guess this confirms that he's a canon character though?

I think this was confirmed as soon as we saw Alternia and its pink and green moons which showed up in the Intermission.

There was also a conversation John and Karkat had about Jack Noir where Karkat mentioned Spades Slick helped them out, and then later from a computer console as an exile.

Ok, I'm seriously confused. What are the exiles? I don't remember this being elaborated on.

Also, is the guy that Karkat's teamed up with ALSO Spades Slick? What's his name again? Is he just another Jack?

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6513 on: August 22, 2010, 05:25:07 pm »

I think this may confirm that the future with only Spades Slick and Snowman are still alive is on the devistated troll homeworld, but nothing explicitly says that the troll's version of the exiles have to be in the same place as the kid's. I thought at first that Midnight Crew could simply take place on the troll's Derse, but that doesn't work at all with the devestation aspect. Everything with the medium is only getting more confusing by the update, but Hussie is going to have a much harder time dismissing Midnight Crew as non-canon at this point.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6514 on: August 22, 2010, 05:25:38 pm »

Also, is the guy that Karkat's teamed up with ALSO Spades Slick? What's his name again? Is he just another Jack?
Yes, he's the troll's archagent. And yes, SS is staring at himself through the monitor. For great meta!
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6515 on: August 22, 2010, 05:26:47 pm »

The exiles exist years in the future as survivors of Derse and Prospit. Think Wayward Vagabond.

Spades Slick is the troll world equivalent of Jack. Think of the king and queen of each kingdom, of how it's the same characters in each session but not quite. Spades Slick is basically the Hivebent version of Jack.

And guys, this is the scene from the end of the Midnight Crew panels when Slick got his arm sliced off. I think.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #6516 on: August 22, 2010, 05:27:21 pm »

Spades Slick used to be Jack Noir in the troll's game. After the end, he was ported to Alternia, where he rebuilt some semblance of civilization.

The exiles for the kids are:

WV: Wayward Vagabond/ Warweary Villein
PM: Parcel Mistress/ Peregrine Mendicant
AR: Authority Regulator/ Aimless Renegade
WQ: White Queen/Windswept Questant

For the trolls, the ones we know were exiled are:

Jack Noir: Scurrilous Straggler/Spades Slick
Hegemonic Brute: Hearts Boxcars
Courtyard Droll: Clubs Deuce
Draconian Dignitary: Diamonds Droog
Black Queen: Snowman
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA: Water Trolls and Epicsplosions
« Reply #6517 on: August 22, 2010, 05:28:42 pm »

Quote from: Soadreqm
Acceptable? Ah, but as Andrew oh so subtly pointed out, he can do whatever he wants with his webcomic. Next: He leaves this up for two weeks and returns with an inane flash animation about Squiddles.
Can is not the same as Should, and probably not Will either.

For example, I can go out and streak in public. Still not acceptable.
Well, I guess the question here is acceptable to who? If you go out and streak in public, it is quite possible, depending on location, that there will eventually be people to stop you. If Doctor Manhattan goes out and streaks in public, everyone just tries not to notice, since he can make you explode with a thought. "Acceptable" implies that Andrew needs your acceptance, which he quite obviously doesn't. :P

Ok, I'm seriously confused. What are the exiles? I don't remember this being elaborated on.

Exiles are former agents, exiled to the players' planet, who aid them by instructing them via computer consoles and completing various time loops. Such as VW, PC, AR and WQ. It's been elaborated on, I assure you.

The guy Karkat teamed up with is Jack Noir from the Troll session. Also known as Spades Slick. At some point in the distant future, he will be exiled to the ruined Alternia, single-handedly restart civilization, take on the felt, get his arm ripped off by Snowman and find Karkat's console in an underground vault.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #6518 on: August 22, 2010, 05:28:58 pm »

And guys, this is the scene from the end of the Midnight Crew panels when Slick got his arm sliced off. I think.
It is.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6519 on: August 22, 2010, 05:29:34 pm »

I don't think the rest of the midnight crew are exiles, at least 'till I start seeing other consoles. And mind you in Homestuck the exiles are evenly split between the kingdoms.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6520 on: August 22, 2010, 05:31:49 pm »

I don't think the rest of the midnight crew are exiles, at least 'till I start seeing other consoles. And mind you in Homestuck the exiles are evenly split between the kingdoms.
Well, we know they're black agents and they've been exiled to Alternia.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6521 on: August 22, 2010, 05:31:58 pm »

Throw one more on the pile, I didn't type this just to throw it away.

You don't remember?  WV and the other Skaians futzing around in the blasted future Earth stumble into some weird ass Skaian lab shit, and start typing commands to the kids as if they were "the reader" playing the game.  Jack, going by his new moniker Spades Slick, is doing the same with the Trolls, except where the kids had the same Midnight Crew members running around with acronymically-identical Skaian roles before they were all killed, in this version (different bandicoots) Jack helped them out in the present before surviving to become Spade.

The other three Midnight Crew guys showed up in the kids game, but didn't survive their Jack going crazy (well, I think one did).  In the Troll's universe, the other three were killed at the end of the Intermission by Snowman (or by Spade warping into the distant future anyway), so he and Snowman are the only known Exiles left alive there.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2010, 05:33:50 pm by Aqizzar »
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #6522 on: August 22, 2010, 05:34:29 pm »

Well, only the Brute's been killed so far. The Draconian Dignitary could potentially be a boss for the kids, considering how easy it was for him to kill Dave.

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6523 on: August 22, 2010, 05:37:57 pm »

Well, only the Brute's been killed so far. The Draconian Dignitary could potentially be a boss for the kids, considering how easy it was for him to kill Dave.
Of note, Dave is not really that good. He got kicked around by a Puppet...

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #6524 on: August 22, 2010, 05:40:15 pm »

Of note, Dave is not really that good. He got kicked around by a Puppet...

Yeah, but that puppet was being wielded by Bro, who took on Sovereign Slayer and lived, so it's not exactly realistic to expect Dave to win. :P
Pages: 1 ... 433 434 [435] 436 437 ... 3524