Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 421 422 [423] 424 425 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5122993 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA: Water Trolls and Epicsplosions
« Reply #6330 on: August 20, 2010, 11:55:41 pm »

It just occured to me that the bees might not be feasting on his blood. They could be dead from the glub. I don't recall it being said that the glub only killed trolls.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #6331 on: August 20, 2010, 11:59:31 pm »

Aradia is not doing what she has to, she's doing what she's told. She follows the orders of the voices unquestioningly and trusts them implicitly, and this leads her to do terrible things like manipulate all her friends and play a significant role in Sollux's death. What's worse is that she doesn't care.

Of course, the entire reason she became an unfeeling drone-servant of the voices is, well. Vriska killed her, you know? :P

It just occured to me that the bees might not be feasting on his blood. They could be dead from the glub. I don't recall it being said that the glub only killed trolls.

Yeah, I think TVG wipes out everything. Anyway, I interpreted it not as the bees drinking his blood but the bees all going wake up daddy, wake up!
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #6332 on: August 21, 2010, 12:07:13 am »

I'm quite liking how evenly balanced the poll is.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6333 on: August 21, 2010, 12:18:13 am »

What's worse is that she doesn't care.
Again, because Vriska killed her.

She follows the voices because that is all she has. If you are left a ghost that doesn't really care anymore for anything following orders without question isn't a negative point, it just happens.

And you keep raising the point of her manipulating her friends as being horrible, yet Vriska does it all the time. The only difference is that she is not successful. She actually kills Aradia intentionally, as opposed to the blind workings that lead to Sollux dying. Every single point you have raised for Aradia being a horrible person is either matched or exceeded by Vriska. And mind you she spent her life slaughtering other trolls and not telling her best friend Terezi about it, manipulating her to help in her slaughter.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6334 on: August 21, 2010, 12:19:08 am »

Nguh.

I'm gonna have to say both, man.  Eridan's too immature to realize that he can't just lean on Feferi all the time, and Feferi is ... well, she's seriously being a bitch.  There's nicer ways to do this than that.

I've been in both roles.  More recently Eridan, but I used to laugh down the guys who asked me out (... to be fair, one of them didn't know my name.  I think he deserved it).  I'd love to just blame Feferi for being flippant and jerkish in such a serious moment, but I guess the "best" way to get rid of a guy is to be uncaring... bleh =/
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6335 on: August 21, 2010, 12:20:47 am »

Also, as a note. If you didnt think that Sollux was THAT AWESOME, as he saved Feferi, or entered the medium, or BOTH, he was blind.
Or sometime during that.
Huh? Sollux wasn't blind. He had vision two-fold. He saw the present with one eye and the future with the other or something.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #6336 on: August 21, 2010, 12:43:59 am »

Also, as a note. If you didnt think that Sollux was THAT AWESOME, as he saved Feferi, or entered the medium, or BOTH, he was blind.
Or sometime during that.
Huh? Sollux wasn't blind. He had vision two-fold. He saw the present with one eye and the future with the other or something.

I'm pretty sure he predicted that he would be blinded shortly before his death.

EDIT:

TA: ii am goiing two diie.
TA: ii mean we all are.
TA: but e2peciially me.
TA: ii am goiing two get my a22 2erved two me twofold.
TA: double the 2erviice.
TA: liike two dude2 on doublebutler ii2land.
TA: gettiing worked over by a 2iiame2e twiin ma22eu2e.
TA: but before ii diie, iim goiing two go bliind liike you.
TA: iit ha2 two happen liike that.
TA: iim not 2ure why, but ii thiink iit2 liike...
TA: fulfiilliing 2ome requiirement for a true prophet of doom.
TA: iin order for the vii2iion2 two be riight, that ha2 two happen, and the uniiver2e wiill make 2ure iit wiill.
TA: iit2 kiind of liike how a prophet earn2 hii2 2triipe2, by beiing bliind, liike how an angel earn2 iit2 wiing2.
GC: WH4TS 4N 4NG3L
TA: 2ome terriible mythiical demon.
TA: wiith the2e awful feathery wiing2.

Yeah, that seems to indicate that, while all the troll dreamselves will die for sure, he will die harder. And then return, more powerful than ever before?
« Last Edit: August 21, 2010, 12:59:03 am by Josephus »
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #6337 on: August 21, 2010, 01:11:20 am »

She follows the voices because that is all she has. If you are left a ghost that doesn't really care anymore for anything following orders without question isn't a negative point, it just happens.

And you keep raising the point of her manipulating her friends as being horrible, yet Vriska does it all the time. The only difference is that she is not successful. She actually kills Aradia intentionally, as opposed to the blind workings that lead to Sollux dying. Every single point you have raised for Aradia being a horrible person is either matched or exceeded by Vriska. And mind you she spent her life slaughtering other trolls and not telling her best friend Terezi about it, manipulating her to help in her slaughter.

So what? Aradia doesn't get a free pass on what she's done just because she was murdered by Vriska. And she doesn't get a free pass just because she is a servant of some entity. She is a very willing servant, after all.

Vriska's just doing what she has to, which you're apparently fine with. And any manipulation she's done has been for petty trifles like leadership of the Blue Team or a kiss from Tavros. Compare that to tricking Sollux to bring about the end of the world.

Vriska's no angel, but Aradia isn't any better.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #6338 on: August 21, 2010, 01:22:16 am »

So what?
You just started a discussion with so what, how am I suppose to debate that.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #6339 on: August 21, 2010, 01:30:14 am »

So what?

It's an interesting point to discuss whether Aradia has free will or not since she died and turned into a ghost. For the purposes of the fun argument with Duke I'm having I'm assuming that she does.

If she doesn't have free will, then it's pointless to discuss who's morally superior because Aradia can not obviously be held accountable for actions which she is not able to make herself.

But it's not completely clear whether she does or not. If I remember correctly Aradia mentioned that she long ago stopped questioning the voices on account of them always being right. This means, to me, anyway, that she's got enough free will that she's accountable.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #6340 on: August 21, 2010, 01:31:09 am »

D:

ahhhhh

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6341 on: August 21, 2010, 01:41:54 am »

It could also be that she had free will, but not the psychological strength to argue with them.

It was probably only when she entered Equius' artificial body that she got her passion for life back. Or something.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #6342 on: August 21, 2010, 01:48:20 am »

It was probably only when she entered Equius

Kinky.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6343 on: August 21, 2010, 02:24:42 am »

I don't want to make an image of an Aradia without any blood on her hands, but as far as intent and actual harm brought Vriska is clearly ahead.

When Aradia manipulated her friends it was done at the command of another power. Granted she does hold the responsibility of the act, but it wasn't her idea to do such things. Vriska is always trying to manipulate her friends in chats, always looking for a way to dominate them of her own accord. Aradia started a chain of events that may or may not have caused Sollux to die, as the presence of a prototyped sprite means he awoke before the glub and had time to do whatever he needed to enter the medium. One could argue her action was simply to get him to be the last one in, not to die from the glub. Compare this to the direct plotting and influence of Vriskas friends to kill Aradia and deceiving Terezi.

Aradia is indeed no angel for what she did. But Vriska is still queen bitch of this universe.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #6344 on: August 21, 2010, 02:34:01 am »

The new Bluh didn't make me laugh this time. :(

I think Hussie is using them up entirely too fast.
Pages: 1 ... 421 422 [423] 424 425 ... 3524