Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 350 351 [352] 353 354 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5116240 times)

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA: My Troll Ship Is Better Than Your Troll Ship
« Reply #5265 on: August 11, 2010, 05:05:26 pm »

like, 4?

Well, they've moved on from the four kids to the twelve trolls that have been bothering them. It's an interesting change, but there's far less action and skipping of various chunks of the story, particularly the action.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #5266 on: August 11, 2010, 05:06:32 pm »

Ah. So, yeah, if Pesterchum conversations were what turned you off, you might not enjoy the current act at all. Or you could give it a shot.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

dwarfguy2

• Bay Watcher
  • Human Meta Knight... 0_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #5267 on: August 11, 2010, 05:07:12 pm »

oh. darn, i really had high hopes. i just MIGHT take a look at any boss fights that may have taken place during my break.
Caution: This user may or may not be a horrible evil Elder God from the deepest regions of space. He also may or may not be a lawyer.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #5268 on: August 11, 2010, 05:09:01 pm »

Heh. You should see Jack: Ascend and Descend, the anniversary and Act 4 enders. Your mind will be blown. It will be blown out of context, because ridiculous levels of context are necessary, but that's the price one must pay.
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #5269 on: August 11, 2010, 05:09:28 pm »

Not sure what to break here but most plots are interesting because of the story and dialogue.

dwarfguy2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5270 on: August 11, 2010, 05:10:09 pm »

i saw ascend.
Caution: This user may or may not be a horrible evil Elder God from the deepest regions of space. He also may or may not be a lawyer.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #5271 on: August 11, 2010, 05:11:12 pm »

Not sure what to break here but most plots are interesting because of the story and dialogue.

That has exceptions. I for one loved Conan the Barbarian solely for the involvement of Keith David.

@dwarfguy: I do have to agree with Toony anyway, dialogue is vital to a plot, and if you can't take that this might not be the series for you.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #5272 on: August 11, 2010, 05:11:36 pm »

Yes, ideally. But I guess dwarfguy wants to see shit happen. AND EXPLODE.

Man, I think Act 5 is, in fact, one long apology to everyone who ever shipped Jade/John and Dave/Rose.

"I'M SORRY I RUINED ALL YOUR PERFECTLY GOOD SHIPS BUT HERE ARE TWELVE MORE CHARACTERS FOR YOU TO PLAY WITH TO YOUR HEART'S CONSENT."

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #5273 on: August 11, 2010, 05:13:07 pm »

I don't know, the scenes with Karkat are awesomely funny, the scenes with Tavros are pathetically awesome, the scenes with Vriska are deviously pathetic, and the scenes with Equius... well, those require Brain Bleach.

dwarfguy2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5274 on: August 11, 2010, 05:14:12 pm »

who is equius.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5275 on: August 11, 2010, 05:14:46 pm »

Ascend was the first piece of Homestuck I'd ever seen, thanks to Toony's fight thread. I had no damn clue what was going on untill I read through everything before it. By that point I had forgotten seeing it originally, though.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #5276 on: August 11, 2010, 05:16:27 pm »

who is equius.

He loves being STRONG.

I don't know, the scenes with Karkat are awesomely funny, the scenes with Tavros are pathetically awesome, the scenes with Vriska are deviously pathetic, and the scenes with Equius... well, those require Brain Bleach.

Actually, the conversation between him and Aradia is both the most hilarious and the most legible one I've seen.

And I still ship Aradia and Sollux. Especially because Kanaya/Sollux is completely out of the question now.

But yeah. This isn't an action act; it's about emotional manipulation. Of us, the readers. By Andrew Hussie.

dwarfguy2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5277 on: August 11, 2010, 05:17:25 pm »

why does he need brain bleach.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #5278 on: August 11, 2010, 05:18:33 pm »

Ascend was the first piece of Homestuck I'd ever seen, thanks to Toony's fight thread. I had no damn clue what was going on untill I read through everything before it. By that point I had forgotten seeing it originally, though.
Man shit was flying when the end of Act 2 happened, way back on page 5 or so.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #5279 on: August 11, 2010, 05:18:55 pm »

why does he need brain bleach.

The walls of his room are covered in posters of ridiculously muscular anthropomorphous horses with gigantic dongs. He also has this ridiculous dom/sub fetish. Hence why I said "Kinky Roleplay Shit" earlier.
Pages: 1 ... 350 351 [352] 353 354 ... 3524