Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 3485 3486 [3487] 3488 3489 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5140943 times)

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA Homestuck
« Reply #52290 on: April 06, 2016, 10:29:24 pm »

no

there will be some, but it will be reasonable amounts

you're lying to yourself my man. 2016 will be known as the 2012/2013 of years, so to speak.

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #52291 on: April 06, 2016, 10:29:55 pm »

I do wonder what does the day/night clock machine literally freezing in time (while turning the background all hope-y), at the end of the flash animation means. Does it mean that Caliborn has activated the Weapon, or what? Can we expect the next update to start off with Caliborn's declaring how he just "trounced these noobs"?
Well, during that super-ominous zoom-out at the end of the flash, you can hear Typheus' voice in the background. Looks like the price paid on behalf of John hasn't been exacted quite yet.
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #52292 on: April 07, 2016, 02:54:10 am »

My reaction:

1) Jeeesus CHRIST that was some battle.

2) Oh shit are Jane and Dirk dead for good?

3) I miss the old hero mode

4) Dead condiment looks so anime it's unreal
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #52293 on: April 07, 2016, 06:49:41 am »

Holy hell, it's a breath of fresh air seeing the bad guys get their asses handed to them for once. I mean, like, the only "powerful" boss who was defeated by the heroes prior to this flash was only the Black King, and even then he barely registers on the powerful boss spectrum. Also for some reasons it's really satisfying to see Her Salty Condiment get stabbed.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

DreamThorn

• Bay Watcher
  • Seer of Void
    • View Profile
    • My game dev hobby blog (updates almost never)
« Reply #52294 on: April 07, 2016, 06:52:01 am »

I do wonder what does the day/night clock machine literally freezing in time (while turning the background all hope-y), at the end of the flash animation means. Does it mean that Caliborn has activated the Weapon, or what? Can we expect the next update to start off with Caliborn's declaring how he just "trounced these noobs"?
Well, during that super-ominous zoom-out at the end of the flash, you can hear Typheus' voice in the background. Looks like the price paid on behalf of John hasn't been exacted quite yet.

And Act 7 is represented by a white dot...  Portentious.

And I suddenly think I understand what Vriska is doing: she's trying to stop AH from killing off characters.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2016, 07:01:20 am by DreamThorn »
This is what happens when we randomly murder people.

You get attacked by a Yandere triangle monster.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #52295 on: April 07, 2016, 08:17:50 am »

Unless I've somehow missed it every time, Dirk never got revived by Life powers - depending on which direction in time Dave traveled, there may be shenanigans available. I got nothing for Jane, though.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52296 on: April 07, 2016, 09:00:59 am »

They're probably going to get John retcon another Dirk in the place of el beheado.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #52297 on: April 07, 2016, 09:33:41 am »

Actually yeah. Does John still have super retcon powers? Can't he just retcon people dying in the flash?

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52298 on: April 07, 2016, 09:53:38 am »

Unless I've somehow missed it every time, Dirk never got revived by Life powers - depending on which direction in time Dave traveled, there may be shenanigans available. I got nothing for Jane, though.

The more I think about it, I don't think Jane's dead. HIC was holding Roxy up the same way and it was just a choke hold, and as people have mentioned Jane would be an heir and useful later on. There are a few times where she has people on the ropes and could easily just skewer them, but does not. She's not as angry as the one in Game Over.

If it comes to that, though, there's still the Ring of Life, and Calliope hasn't had the one-off Jane rez yet. Transfer ring, rez, rez, move on.

I don't think there's time for much more than that, unless Act 7 really surprises me in amount of content.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #52299 on: April 07, 2016, 10:26:33 am »

HIC held up aranea the same way too and she very died though

Shinziril

• Bay Watcher
  • !!SCIENCE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52300 on: April 07, 2016, 11:43:02 am »

If it comes to that, though, there's still the Ring of Life, and Calliope hasn't had the one-off Jane rez yet. Transfer ring, rez, rez, move on.

The extra rez may not even be necessary. Back after Game Over, Aranea didn't instantly go back to being dead after HIC pulled the ring off her finger - HIC broke her neck to kill her (for that matter, we got a "JUST" popup, indicating that God Tier resurrection might actually have been reactivated for revived-Aranea). I suspect if she still had been wearing the ring, she would've healed from that just like she did from getting stabbed by Brain Ghost Dirk. As such, Calliope can probably remove the Ring of Life without poofing out of existence.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2016, 11:46:41 am by Shinziril »
Quote from: lolghurt
Quote from: Urist McTaverish
why is Dwarven science always on fire?
Because normal science is boring

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52301 on: April 07, 2016, 01:34:02 pm »

HIC held up aranea the same way too and she very died though

Agreed, but Roxy get chokeheld as well and wasn't killed. Looking at the flash, Jane rezzed Rose and Kanaya. HIC has no way to know Kanaya had the matriorb... but probably wouldn't need her, anyway. Assuming this HIC's plan was the same as Game Over!HIC, she'd only want/need to spare Roxy (to make an orb) and Jane (for an heir and sentimental reasons, as no living Feferi exists barring ring of life which this HIC also wouldn't know about). I could see it going either way, but the rez Jane stuff would be a bit of a time waster this close to the end when it could be skipped with the same result.

Time will tell, I suppose. I'd be fine with either.

... There's also the fact that Meenah is a Life player, and the Condesce is Meenah. It's been shown that dancestors still have access to some of their player aspect (Signless using seer powers), so there could be more unpleasantness too, I suppose. Not sure how Thief of Life would really work aside from the obvious.

EDIT: Man. Watching the fight scenes in slow-mo is highly recommended. Spades rides the golden guncane like a horse! Dirk uses that porcelain doll from howteverthehell long ago.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2016, 01:44:33 pm by Darkmere »
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #52302 on: April 07, 2016, 01:39:38 pm »

Looked to me like Roxy got punched, not chokeheld. At any rate, Jane might not be dead, but she might be. I feel like the exact specifics of the techniques involved aren't actually relevant - one punch/kick/chokehold/whatever isn't equivalent to another.

Also, the Condesce is confirmed for having Life powers as of Act 5. She extends the Ψiioniic's life while he's serving as her helmsman.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52303 on: April 07, 2016, 03:39:11 pm »

Even if Jane died from the chokehold, she's already died to worse, and been brought back by her Life powers. She and Dirk are also alive in the future, when John makes them all fight Caliborn.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52304 on: April 07, 2016, 03:49:35 pm »

It was pretty neat to see Terezi and Dave's Fraymotifs in real time, too. I'm assuming they were scanning alternate timelines for one where the battle played out slightly differently to position themselves for attacks, or to undo lethal blows. Everyone's learning about their strengths and learning to work together and trust one another and crap.

And I <3 Roxy's Voidy Things. The look everyone gave after her rage and triumph at The (Perfectly Generic) Beautiful Pony attack was just wonderful.
Pages: 1 ... 3485 3486 [3487] 3488 3489 ... 3524