Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 3484 3485 [3486] 3487 3488 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5140942 times)

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA Homestuck
« Reply #52275 on: April 06, 2016, 06:33:52 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #52276 on: April 06, 2016, 06:35:42 pm »

I gotta ask because I forgot: which is the "latest" (as in, further in his own personal timeline) version of LE? Union Jack or... well... Hulk!Lord English?
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #52277 on: April 06, 2016, 06:43:36 pm »

I gotta ask because I forgot: which is the "latest" (as in, further in his own personal timeline) version of LE? Union Jack or... well... Hulk!Lord English?
I think that concept of "latest" is rather difficult to pin down in Homestuck which is choke-full of "self-fulfilling clusterfuck", especially considering that you're talking about a fucking Lord of Time who enters universes by creating a stable time loop.

I do, however, wonder, why does LE seems to be regressing in smartness the further we go. He was pretty smart at the beginning, but after that, it seems that he permanently switched to "smash mode". For some reason.

Also, what happened to LE's Cairo Overcoat at the beginning of their fight? It looked like it has just gone away, but that can't be?

Also, about that unresolved plot point from before: I remember some mute clown stealing Vriska's overcoat in a nefarious-looking flash animation. I think that's still unresolved?

Also, there's only about 40 pages of Homestuck left in Act 7. I'm having a hard time to believe that even Hussie could resolve all of the remaining plot points (and there are QUITE A LOT OF THEM) within such small space.
._.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #52278 on: April 06, 2016, 06:46:41 pm »

I am reasonably sure that LE is the smartest instance of Caliborn that we see. Notice how he consistently uses the most effective combat option for the challenge presented him and mostly gets caught off-guard.
Remember that he's part autoresponder.

Also, what happened to LE's Cairo Overcoat at the beginning of their fight? It looked like it has just gone away, but that can't be?

He sent it off so that it can't burden him, I'd guess. Not sure why it can't be.

Also, about that unresolved plot point from before: I remember some mute clown stealing Vriska's overcoat in a nefarious-looking flash animation. I think that's still unresolved?

It was used to make the Cairo Overcoat. Look at the design.
Also, there's only about 40 pages of Homestuck left in Act 7. I'm having a hard time to believe that even Hussie could resolve all of the remaining plot points (and there are QUITE A LOT OF THEM) within such small space.

40 pages... and ~12 minutes of flash.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52279 on: April 06, 2016, 06:52:19 pm »

Actually, I read him ditching the coat and weapon during the fight as a pretty obviously suboptimal/dumb move. After the first wave (maybe even as a result of Karkat's absolutely failed charge), he decided it was too easy, and wanted to show off; ditched all his overpowered gear, fighting them Bare Handed/Chested.

Remember, Calliborn is all about proving how dominant he is at Videogames. He's the patron saint of Tryhards. The Ubergamer.

Just adding... really admired how Jade tried to use Courageous Non-Violence to end the dogfight. Even if it didn't work out that way. Good thinking, and a nice break of pace from all that fightin'.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 06:55:10 pm by Solifuge »

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #52280 on: April 06, 2016, 06:53:52 pm »

We still Act 6. 40 pages left of that, and then all of Act 7 (of undisclosed length) on 4/13. At least according to the current news post.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #52281 on: April 06, 2016, 06:57:21 pm »

We still Act 6.

No we ain't.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #52282 on: April 06, 2016, 06:58:53 pm »

I do wonder what does the day/night clock machine literally freezing in time (while turning the background all hope-y), at the end of the flash animation means. Does it mean that Caliborn has activated the Weapon, or what? Can we expect the next update to start off with Caliborn's declaring how he just "trounced these noobs"?

We still Act 6. 40 pages left of that, and then all of Act 7 (of undisclosed length) on 4/13. At least according to the current news post.
http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=009988
END OF ACT 6

I think when it says "end of act 6", it usually means that the act 6 has ended.
._.

Liber celi

• Bay Watcher
  • council does your hair
    • View Profile
« Reply #52283 on: April 06, 2016, 07:05:09 pm »

INTERMISSION 3  when?

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52284 on: April 06, 2016, 07:30:47 pm »

Yeah the 40 pages between now and 4/13 are presumably intermission 3.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #52285 on: April 06, 2016, 07:31:46 pm »

Yeah, sorry, I forgot those were things. We Intermission now, but we still have no clue how long Act 7 is, is my point.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52286 on: April 06, 2016, 07:32:58 pm »

Incidentally "Union Jack" isn't really the same haracter as the Lord English, but we may have discovered his purpose in Collide.  The objects he sucked up after his death (Gamzee, the crowbar, the pool cue, the boss monster) end up appearing in Caliborn's session.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #52287 on: April 06, 2016, 09:08:39 pm »

If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #52288 on: April 06, 2016, 10:25:14 pm »

if i'm being honest with myself, I don't think i ever really hated homestuck at any point. Sure, i got tired of the humour after 3+ years of it, but homestuck was (God this is weird to type) probably one of the formative works of my youth. A lot of my sense of humour when I first went into high school was influenced by homestuck, abnormally so for a comic that noone else i knew irl read. And honestly rereading this herculean thing is reminding me a lot of why I thought it was so damn funny in the first place.

Of course the main thing i'm wondering is if when I go to cons during the summer/autumn that there will be as many homestuck cosplayers as there were during the height of its popularity during the run of A5A2. which is to say, I really really want a quarter to half of the cosplayers to be from homestuck just so all my friends get confused as hell. Then my life will be complete.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #52289 on: April 06, 2016, 10:26:20 pm »

no

there will be some, but it will be reasonable amounts
Pages: 1 ... 3484 3485 [3486] 3487 3488 ... 3524